Re:Tips and Tricks for Astro Avenger 2

[Post New]by puppyguy on Jul 2, 10 4:44 PM
I am trying to destroy the big ship on the last level I believe, but it has like a shield protecting it to were you can destroy it. How can I do it? Help

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 6, 10 7:07 AM
puppyguy wrote:I am trying to destroy the big ship on the last level I believe, but it has like a shield protecting it to were you can destroy it. How can I do it? Help

ditto! i have tried this 3 times, i had 15 ships and over 430 nukes going into the last world and i could not destroy the "boss" ship

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Nov 13, 10 8:29 PM
The last time I beat that ship was a while ago but I remember how I did it. That mothership can only be killed using the secret weapon and the secret weapon is only effective if you shoot right into the open door. The door stays open only briefly so you have to be quick. When the door was not open I switched to another weapon so I could knock out the other ships. I didn't use the secret weapon to knock them out as it uses a lot of plasma which is hard to replenish. Once the door opened I knocked out the ships blocking the door then switched to the secret weapon and kept firing until the door closed. The door closes very quickly so you have to be fast and persistent to kill the ship. I hope this helps.

[Post New]by James_Roberts on Feb 23, 11 2:14 PM
I know that this is an old game, and probably no one is interested, but I approached this - successfully - in another fashion. I DID buy all the missiles and lasers; however, I started buying in pairs (a missile and the next more powerful) to a max of 100 lesser powered and 75 more powerful - changing up in power as the missiles seemed to be doing less of a job against the opponents (and starting to buy the next more powerful a few at a time in preparaqtion when possible). I purchased laser to the greatest power of a type, and then purchased the next more powerful type, one segment at a time, while still using the max'd out lesser power laser. When I switched to the next type of laser for actual use, I had at least 3 segments purchased. Also,when I maxed out a type of laser and rocket pair combo, I would save to upgrade the ship one type before purchasing more than replacement numbers of rockets. On Droids, I bought repair, then battle, then laser and air raid as my ships allowed. Before each level I would repair ship, droids, replace any droids destroyed and replace rockets used before buying more.

I went into the Master Boss battle as a cadet with a V05 ship, max'd highest laser and on down, 400 1200 plasma cost rockets and 380 1500 plasma cost rockets in store. I turned all but 100 NK3000 rockets into plasma and had 1.9+ million plasma for the Secret Weapon. I hit each Boss with NK3000's 5 at-a-time until they exploded, then used just the Secret Weapon on ships and the Master Boss - ONLY when the door was Open. I jinked around the Master Boss' weapons as well as I could but was in front of that door when it opened! I started this level with 29 lives and the Master Boss exploded when I had 25 left.

Hope this works for you! I am going to try this on Pilot and Ace levels as well.

[Post New]by James_Roberts on Jun 4, 12 7:04 AM
It's even simpler once you get to Ace level: Outfly the weapons of your opponents. Learn the patterns of fire of each ship & stationary emplacement. Keep your ship at least 1 level of power greater than your laser weapon so that you can Continually use that weapon. Stay back (down) in the frame of battle - this gives more time to kill enemies & a longer range to draw fire to avoid it. Fire energy weapons in stutter-bursts (this allows a little recharge time and prevents draining) when you get damaged. Keep the missiles to the minimum necessary - say 50 1st & second level missiles, and graduate to 50 cluster, 50 next up until later level 5. Entering Level 5-10 keep 100 - 150 top level missiles and tur the rest into plasma for the Alien FX Weapon. Use the missiles a few at a time on each boss - no energy weapon - but kill them fast & jink away from their weapons (you won't have many lives). On the Boss, keep jinking to say away from his lasers but draw fire to one side, avoid it and switch to the other side BUT Be In Front of the Door When It opens and pour energy & missiles into that open door. Don't fire at any other time.
It works. After awhile the seemingly solid walls of fire resolve into patterns that can be survived.

[Post New]by feb221964 on Feb 12, 13 3:25 AM
I will try and just cover the basics. If you like "shooters" this IS the game for you. Cadet level you can just cruise through blasting the holy hell out of everything. Pilot is a little more intense, but still easy to get to the end. Ace takes some planning and skill.
- it WILL take you some time to conquer Ace level. Don't expect to stat there and just fly through. Playing cadet and pilot modes for a while will help you learn the patterns.
- Follow the other hints here and don't waste plasma upgrading your weapons to full strength until you have upgraded your ship.
-the stronger the weapon the more energy you use and you will find your self farting little sporadic fire balls.
-firing a little off center helps. Most of the weapons dont give you a "CENTER" laser until the 3rd or 4th bar and there is only one.
- I find that staying just off center will allow you to hit your target with 2-4 lasers instead of one depending on which level of laser you have.
-dont waste money on any of the droids EXCEPT the repair droid until you have at least your 3rd or 4th ship upgrade. Instead use the repair droid to fix your ship by staying still as much as possible. The best opportunity to do this is when you get the shield. Just stay at the bottom in the center and keep firing while the repair droid recharges you.
-Fly AROUND double targets instead of in between them. If you dont get this just right you will find that their missles clip your wings.
- I find that using and "arc" motion helps. Start at the upper left or right and then swing down and to the opposite direction while firing
- when you see the pods, try to fly up to force them out and them back to the bottom while firing. If you wait too long they surround you and clobber you.
- take advantage of the shield for the BIG items. Instead of firing away, just run into them.

[Post New]by _ThePlayer10_ on Mar 8, 13 6:15 AM
If you want to defeat the last BOSS you need at least 1000000 plasma and the secret weapon. First you kill the othe bosses with an another laser than at the last you take the secret weapon and just fire. No matter if the door is open or close just fire with the SECRET WEAPON!!!

[Post New]by odannybuoy on Mar 26, 14 1:09 PM
I'm well over 55,0000000
on level 5-10 and have hit the mother ship with over 27 lives and over 100 nukes and have not been able to kill it, I still can't seem to find out how to shove the secret weapon in it's open doors and have hit this thing with everything I have had..Is there any life after level 5-10..thnxs Dan

[Post New]by odannybuoy on Jul 18, 14 10:06 AM
Played this game over 100 times finally beat the monster on level 5-10.. took a 100 nukes, posted one of the highest scores for pilot now will try for the Ace title

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on Oct 17, 14 7:50 PM
play is othr day and beatit w simple.Jus use the secret weapon n cadet lvel. The other settings make harder to beat.

Go to: