[Post New]by cleoladycat on Mar 29, 13 2:38 AM
Any comments fishes?

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

Re:Todays DD March 29 2013

[Post New]by sunshinej on Mar 29, 13 7:41 AM
Thanks Big Fish been waiting for this one. Off to buy.

Gdecorso
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Gdecorso on Mar 29, 13 11:42 AM
Played this not long ago,, Fantastic Game

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Mar 29, 13 1:29 PM
This is a fantastic deal at $2.99.

There are 2 modes of play: Casual and expert. There are no sparkles in Expert mode. There are sparkles indicating puzzles and HOS in casual mode. You can change mode of play mid-game.

There are voiceovers throughout the game. The dialogue offers details of what needs to be done next and where items can be found. Dialogue can be skipped.

There is a journal.

There is a map. It will not help to transport you from scene to scene. The map is used a couple of times to get inventory items.

Strategy guide is included and is on the left bottom corner. I was almost finished with the game before I realized that it was included. Normally, clicking on SG in a SE game just links you to a purchase page for the SG, so I didn't bother to check early in the game.

Task button is on the lower right corner, and gives a list of tasks.

HOS: I found the HOS to be very interesting. Most of the HOS had HOS within them i.e. when you clicked on an item in a HOS, it opened up a different HOS.

There are approximately: 8 "find items on a list" HOS.
3 pictorial HOS.
5 silhouette HOS.
4 "find x number of y" e.g. 11 pieces for a game.
1 "find pairs"

Hints: Refill in 1 min in casual mode and 3 mins in expert mode. Hints work outside of HOS. Hints do not deplete when you are just pointed in the right direction.

Puzzles: There are approximately 16 puzzles. Some were quite unique and all were rather simple and enjoyable, for me. Some puzzles have several parts to solve. They can be skipped in 1 min in casual mode and 3 mins in expert mode.

Overall, I was very pleased with this game. There was a nice balance between the number of puzzles and HOS. There was plenty of interaction throughout. The story was interesting, but ended rather abruptly. Spoiler: Highlight to read - There was no satisfactory conclusion to her search for her mother. I thought that there was a glitch in the game when it suddenly went back to the beginning. Perhaps there will be a sequel. Although the game was quite short (3 hrs in casual mode, for me), it was high quality and very entertaining. I highly recommend this game.

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Apr 1, 13 10:17 AM
I have just finshed this game after buying as a DD . WOW did I enjoy it . Good hint system , didnt use the strategy guide , good mini games only skipped one ,and the extra games within the hos made it that extra special . If it comes as a DD again snap it up .

Go to: