bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any Lost Tales: Forgotten Souls technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 30, 13 12:46 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Post any Lost Tales: Forgotten Souls technical issues here only

[Post New]by 0161 on Mar 30, 13 1:45 AM
Using windows 7, again taking forever to download. Started off well go to 62% and then went on strike and really slowed down.

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by rara3462 on Mar 30, 13 2:35 AM
slow transition through scenes, especially when entering HO parts. freezing when going to magic book animation.

iluvcatsuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by iluvcatsuk on Mar 30, 13 2:39 AM
very slow download and I have high speed internet connection. I'm finding a lot of games lately are slow to download, why is this BF?

[Post New]by emmanem2 on Mar 30, 13 2:42 AM
Trying to download but game getting to 78% then stopping, then getting time out message. I think it said error code 2. No problems with any other game loading

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 30, 13 2:59 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am really sorry to read that the download time is very long for some of you. Sometimes slow downloads can occur if you are among the first in your region to install the game because the server needs to 'setup' the download, which can add some time to the process. Once a game have passed through a server, it will be quicker to download thereafter. It's always a good idea in this case to stop the download and try a little later.

That being said, if you feel like your download speed is slow for a number of games and have tried the troubleshooting steps, please do reach out to the Tech Support Team as they will be able to offer specific advice. Doing so will also help us identify any possible issues that need attention.

rara3462, it seems like the graphic card is having a hard time to handle some of the game's graphics. To remedy this, I would suggest having a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game, including the cursor:
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
This can help the game to run more smoothly and hopefully will make the cursor more responsive.

Good luck!

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Mar 30, 13 3:34 AM
I have also a very slow DL. Than I delete the DL and start over again. And now it was a very quick DL.

tarrocket
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by tarrocket on Mar 30, 13 5:22 AM
rara3462 wrote:slow transition through scenes, especially when entering HO parts. freezing when going to magic book animation.

I get the same mini freezing of the screen when going to new areas and such. The only way to get around it is to change the cursor to the system one. If you do that then the game is nearly unplayable. You can't tell in the main screen what to do or what to look at if you use the system cursor.

catlynn54
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by catlynn54 on Mar 30, 13 5:49 AM
I don't consider a slow DL speed to be a technical problem with a game.

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Mar 30, 13 6:17 AM
My download took 12 minutes,TRIVIA;How many games do we play that have crows in them?

[Post New]by NancySusan on Mar 30, 13 9:20 AM
Wow, weird problem -- this is the second time since getting my new computer (HP Envy with Windows 8) that, on opening a demo, a window has come up recommending that I change the screen resolution to 1920 x 1080. Only problem, besides the fact I'm not fooling around with a brand new computer, the screen resolution is already set to that. In the other game, there was no problem with the game, but with this one, the picture was over to the left, with a very large black bar on the right and the bottom of the screen was pretty much missing. I just deleted the game -- I'm not interested in fooling around with this.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Mar 30, 13 10:39 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just swimming in with a little advice!

NancySusan: Since that same resolution message has come up twice it might help to try changing the resolution to 1024 x 768, which is the usual recommended setting for our games. Just click here for specific instructions on how to try that. (And you can always easily change it back if changing the settings doesn't help!)

If you're experiencing download issues, sometimes if you're the first in a region to download the game it can take the server a little longer to get everything set up. However if there are persistent download issues please be sure to get in touch with Tech Support so that one of our Reps can get a closer look!

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

I hope this is helpful and happy gaming!

bfgIzara

_misschrissi_
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by _misschrissi_ on Mar 30, 13 11:54 AM
Not a technical "problem" as such, more just a technical "comment". I too found that the cursor/screen would 'freeze' for a moment at the start or end of a cut-scene, and at the end of HOS too. The 'freeze' lasted just long enough for you to think "Uh-oh!" .... and then it was business as usual. Graphics card etc. is up to date, and I've not had this issue with any other game, so sure my PC isn't the issue.

I just wanted to mention this, because if it happens to enough people (and enough people say "That happens to me!"), maybe the game developer can use the feedback

I'll still probably buy the game, though.

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Mar 30, 13 1:40 PM
I can't even download this game. For some reason I cannot access the home page of BFG. I try Firefox and I do get to the home page but it doesn't download. It asks me to save the file and then closes. I have contacted BFG several times and no one has told me what the problem is with this game and others.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 30, 13 1:50 PM
seemns to be an issue in our not being able to toss the rope down the hole in the woods..no where else to go, hint system keeps sending me back to the hole in the ground. I checked the walkthrough, have all the necessary weights (4) so far...something is amok here.
kris

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Mar 30, 13 2:32 PM
_misschrissi, thanks for the heads up with that, and I'm glad to hear that the game is running normally outside of that. If you notice that affecting your gameplay, please let our Tech Support Team know.

bpurdum2, I'm sorry to hear that. It may help to try clearing your browser cache to see if that allows you to load the site. You can find information on doing that here on our help article:

Clear Browser Cache

kris_cross48, that's strange that you're not able to continue past that point. Our Customer Support Team may be able to offer some tips that will help with that, so I recommend getting in touch with them.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Edited on 03/30/2013 at 2:32:55 PM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Mar 30, 13 8:31 PM
Well this is really strange - normally my downloads are really slow but the demo for this game only took about half an hour - unheard of for me! The only thing different is that I downloaded this one onto an external drive but I cannot see how that could affect the downloading time! I will wait until tomorrow to play (bedtime here for me) and hopefully will have no issues - still cannot believe the DL went so fast, maybe I am already in bed and dreaming..............

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Mar 30, 13 9:00 PM
Slow changing between scene changes. I didn't get an option of using a different cursor. I used the one that was there.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 30, 13 9:28 PM
Game downloaded fine for me, and with lots of HOS in the walkthrough (which did not link for an hour or more later) I thought I'd love it as a hogger. My fav minis are jigsaws, but that was the downfall. I could not rotate pieces to fall into place with the cursor. It kept switching itself back from a hand to fist or some icon just as I tried to set a piece down. I used up most my trial time trying to work that puzzle, finally had to hit Skip. Thought it may be my cordless mouse or their custom cursor that won't allow rotation. But reading how others too had long waits to activate the cursor in each scene, no need to change batteries, just lags in response and no way to turn jigsaw pieces.

Enjoyed the interactive HOS but uninstalled trial since I can't do the jigsaw and may be more ahead.

Anyone else able to set the pieces in that slate?

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 30, 13 9:49 PM
I stopped the demo at the jigsaw puzzle when I also had the problem of the pieces not wanting to rotate. I went ahead and bought the game, and still had the same problem, so I wound up skipping it. In fact, I have skipped several of the puzzles as they are types that I simply do not enjoy doing, but I haven't had any other technical glitches...so far. And now, back to the game.

Go to: