bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for Lost Tales: Forgotten Souls

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 30, 13 12:49 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Lost Tales: Forgotten Souls? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Lost Tales: Forgotten Souls page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for Lost Tales: Forgotten Souls

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 30, 13 12:50 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 30, 13 2:33 AM
These guys are new to me and they did an outstanding job. 10/10 material all the way. Truly am loving it.

Story: 'Poor' Raven get blinded by the headlights and flies right into the windshield causing poor mom to slam on the brakes and then runs into the tree. We end up going to this 'old' lady's house who seems sweet at first, but is she...? Now we go looking for the poor mom's daughter... and away we go!

Graphics: Beautifully done. They have a top notch art team. I didn't have any problems in the H0G scenes at all.

Mini games: The only one I came across was fixing the plaque on the grave. Nice little jigsaw puzzle.

Music: Fits perfectly with the game. Nicely done!

Hint System: Could be done a little better. Just wish it didn't actually use the hint if you needed to know where to go. I wish it would just point you in the direction. And on expert mode it to me could of filled up a little faster. I played on casual as well and it filled up quick. And sometimes you got nothing else to do here. So just a thought.

But like I said this team did a wonderful job. Good luck on your future games and looking forward to playing them! Kudo to this team.

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Looks to be a fairly good game

[Post New]by netnanna on Mar 30, 13 2:44 AM
A pretty good run-of-the mill game so far (30 mins game play). Graphics are clear, objects in HO scenes are not obscure or tucked in dark corners. Music is non-obtrusive. Hint system sometimes helps move you in right direction, other times says "nothing to do here", charges quickly. Nothing new in story (car crash, daughter taken by witch), puzzles aren't new so far, but looks to be an enjoyable length game, I would say at least 3 hours in casual mode.
All based on 30 mins play, puzzles could get harder further on. Off to spend my voucher on this one.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 30, 13 4:20 AM
Morning, all...

There are 2 gameplay modes.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor. I use the custom cursor, because the system cursor does not change at all.

There is no voice-over, and I get no widescreen.

Your Diary is at the left, as is the Menu button.

The HINT button is at the right. Outside of the iHOS (interactive hidden object scenes) it either tells you to go someplace else or it will point you in the right direction. If it points you in the right direction, it will need to refill.

Inside and out of the HOS, the HINT button takes about 25-30 seconds to fill in Casual mode.

Puzzles can be skipped. My guess is that the SKIP button takes about 45 seconds to fill in Casual mode. So far I have managed to do the puzzles before I was able to use the SKIP button.

The iHOS appear quite frequently, as do the puzzles.

--- --- ---

I find this game a little spooky, which I like. I like the graphics, especially in the HOS, where objects are very clearly placed and easy to find.

The story is interesting and I enjoyed playing the demo. So it's a buy for me.

Dan2678
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by Dan2678 on Mar 30, 13 4:22 AM
I would say a short but sweet game thats good for whiling away the time.Very good for beginners or people who dont want a brain taxing,long game.I enjoyed the story line and the puzzles were pretty easy.I used a free game coupon on it and I was glad I did because its the kind of game you just play when you have an hour to spare.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Mar 30, 13 7:03 AM
This is a nice enough game from a new dev that tells an old story we've seen over and over, but the game tells it with a lot of spookiness and suspense. In fact, the story is the game's strongest point. Hooks you quick, doesn't dawdle, and keeps the interest level high.

There is nothing in the way of whistles and bells (no voiceovers, no widescreen, no map, etc.).

There are quite a few HOS (with just a small amount of interactive elements), and the puzzles are easy.

No big pretense here, nothing particularly special about it----but it tells a good story that is fun to play. I'll get this one, and recommend you at least give it a go and see what you think.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Mar 30, 13 7:04 AM
Have not heard of this dev before, but to me this is a little chestnut. There are a fair amount of HOG scenes for those who enjoy them. The graphics are good. Some of the items you need to use in the game are difficult to see. This game does require some thinking skills. This would be a great game for pre teens to help develop logic skills. If these devs are new they are off to a great start. This game is rather like Hansel and Gretel in a dilapidated dump - no sugar candy here! A little bit of a creepster for those who like a mild amount of scariness. For an SE, this is not bad.

arfur99
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by arfur99 on Mar 30, 13 7:36 AM
Hi all. One of my rare comments on games. Loved this, neither to dark or spooky. HO's not too easy but so far plenty of them. Not got very far during trial but this game hooked me from the start. Graphics outstanding with unobtrusive music apart from trying to listen for the lock pick to click!
Like a lot of others I've not heard of these developers but if this is there first foray into HOGs then more power to them. i look forward to more great games.

arfur99

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 30, 13 8:24 AM
Having played the demo, I may buy this just to get the last punch on my card for the month. (I have a PCC to use, as well.) The graphics are clear, the storyline is interesting, it is not overly spooky or scary, the music is appropriate and nice (it is a good idea to decrease the music volume when listening for the lockpick to click) and the HOS are not cluttered. One definite shortcoming is the lack of a Reset button on the puzzles. Often, without that, the only option is to eventually give in and skip a puzzle. There is also a penalty for mis-clicks in the HOS. (Don't developers ever listen to players' comments on this point?!) Thank goodness BFG saw fit to provide a walkthrough because it will come in handy in a spot or two for many of us. All in all I would give it 3 out of 5 stars.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Mar 30, 13 9:43 AM
I have been waiting for the right SE and it looks like this is it!
I really liked the story and both the mini games and HOS are done very well.

I agree with others about the hint system That does need some work.

It has an eerie feeling that makes a game attractive to me. As far as I am concerned they could make game a bit scarier just for adults that like that

I haven't even checked the length and want it.

Off to pick up where I left off

jkberlin
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by jkberlin on Mar 30, 13 10:57 AM
I was encouraged by the almost 5 stars on the game page. But after playing half the demo I began to think I was playing a totally different game.

The graphics and clicking penalty remind me of the old style games. The penalty along with the absence of a skip button on the puzzles were there to make a game seem longer than they really were back when Hidden Object games were new to the gaming world. This game does have a skip button. The story line is somewhat interesting.

I would encourage the developer to keep trying but if I had to rate the game with stars it would only be a 2 and a half. It is no buy for me even with a coupon.

As always, try the game for yourself.

Calicohorse
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Calicohorse on Mar 30, 13 5:14 PM
I'm with jkberlin on this one, judging from the "star rating" before trying, I was expecting a lot; it takes a lot to get more than 4 stars with this crowd!

However, I found it dull and clunky with a lazy cursor and an "old school" feel about it too. I thought the graphics were only average at best. Not my cup of tea, especially when stacked up against other much better (IMO) games. Only a "Meh, I've seen worse" for me. Not bad for a standard SE game I would say.

Edited on 03/30/2013 at 5:15:03 PM PST

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Mar 30, 13 7:11 PM
The story started out ok but didn't sustain itself. No voiceovers, a lot of back and forth along with the usual junk pile HOS. I found the music ESPECIALLY annoying. When the demo ran out I clicked on the walkthrough to find out how the games progresses & was not impressed. It's a definite no buy for me.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Mar 31, 13 4:49 AM
I've just finished the game and I thought it was great, especially for an SE. I did have a slight delay in changing screens / going through doors / putting amulet in book / etc but it wasn't a show-stopper for me and I'm really glad about that as I really enjoyed the game (in other words, completing the game is well worth the 1 second delay in moving from scene to scene).

The storyline was interesting and everything worked as it should. I actually managed to play it without a walkthrough for once, though I did skip a couple of the mini-games (the ones I usually skip in any game).

This game was a very pleasant surprise imo.

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Mar 31, 13 12:15 PM
Just finished!! Well this one, is 50/50, either you like it, or you don't. I saw how many stars this one had, and you know the rest. This is not a review, just my opinion on what I think of this game.

No voice-over - get ready to read.
No map, no jumping from locations - get ready to run.
Inventory Bar does not lock - get ready to go up, and down.
Lots of music without voice-over,(annoying), get ready to mute.
HOS with a few small hard to see items - get your glasses.
Some puzzle solutions are random, (as per the walk through).
Some puzzles can be reset, but all can be skipped.
I guess if it had all those things, it would be a CE.
Other than that, Kamali sums it up for me.

Kamali wrote:I've just finished the game and I thought it was great, especially for an SE. I did have a slight delay in changing screens / going through doors / putting amulet in book / etc but it wasn't a show-stopper for me and I'm really glad about that as I really enjoyed the game (in other words, completing the game is well worth the 1 second delay in moving from scene to scene).

The storyline was interesting and everything worked as it should. I actually managed to play it without a walkthrough for once, though I did skip a couple of the mini-games (the ones I usually skip in any game).

This game was a very pleasant surprise imo.

Jorie10
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Jorie10 on Mar 31, 13 1:52 PM
Oh my...did not like this one at all...

Use a PCC to fill out my card. Very glad I didn't use a credit, though, for me, it was a waste of a PCC.

About half way through, I was bored with the game. Unfortunately, I cannot leave a game unfinished so continued on. Skipped more puzzles than not, just to get through to the end. Had an 'old school' feel for me. Lot of familiar puzzles. And the artwork could have been so much better.

For me, nothing redeemed this game.

Jorie

123train
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by 123train on Mar 31, 13 8:58 PM

Edited on 04/06/2013 at 4:13:50 AM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Apr 1, 13 10:19 AM
Entertaining game well worth the credit I spent. Not ultra long, but long enough. Game has 5 chapters and is unique. When I first started the demo I thought "oh no, another car wreck game" but it turned out to be quite fun. You have to use your head. I always play in casual mode and it was still a challenge at times. Even the hint makes you think a bit as it doesnt' tell you where to go, but will point out if you are in the right area.

I immediately turned down the music as it was quite annoying and nerve wracking and changed the curser as it was a draggie one. After fixing those two issues, it was great.

Skip and Hint refresh very quickly which helps in navigating the game as there is no map. Mini games are unique as some can be hard, others tedious and others easy so they have something for everyone. Not a mini game lover so if I can't solve right away I skip and move on.

HOS, and there a a lot, so HOS haters might find this annoying, but they are easy, clear and have some interaction so they don't bog you down.

Game went by quickly it seemed, but when I looked at the clock it looked as if it took a least a couple of hours...I got wrapped up in it. Refreshing game. I give it a 4.5 out of 5.

Edited on 04/01/2013 at 10:22:03 AM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Apr 1, 13 12:10 PM
An ok game, lots of HOG's and puzzles. Seemed to go back and forth a lot. Graphics were ok. Not bad for an SE, just been having lots of CE's lately and you get spoiled. Would give this a 2 stars out of 5

Go to: