DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Informal discussion and comments regarding Lost Tales: Forgotten Souls

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 30, 13 1:15 AM
Hi there,
Oh no, not another car crash and daughter whisked away by an evil identity.
Yes, we have seen this beginning to a game before, but don't be disheartened by this all-too-familiar scenario.
This game plays like what we expected of our iHogs before CEs, Strategy Guides, Interactive Maps etc became the "must haves".
There are two modes of play - and I have been playing on the harder of the two - with indication of HOS only shown and nothing else.
The graphics are clear - and so far I have had no teeny-tiny items to find in the HOS which have some interractive items.
The game play has so far been smooth and easy to follow - I have not yet been "lost" or "stumped" as to what I needed to do, but am wondering whether my habit of wandering will be acceptable or whether this is a very linear game.
Anyway, I have found myself enjoying my Saturday night light diversion so far and welcome other's ideas ideas and comments.
No special sale for me - but something for which to use a PCC - better economics IMHO.
Cheers

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

Re:Informal discussion and comments regarding Lost Tales: Forgotten Souls

[Post New]by mamajay on Mar 30, 13 1:54 AM
Hi DLO,

I just finished the demo, and I must say I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, considering the number of HOS's in the game. However, the items do at least seem to fit the scene, although I was a bit bemused with all the stuff lying around in the car at the beginning, lol.

My only real gripe (and it could be just my computer complaining about IE 10, lol) is that the cursor seems to hesitate whenever an action is completed

I am at the beginning of chapter 3, but that is because I had to skip some mini-games (tried, but couldn't complete, sigh). So, with 5 chapters, perhaps not a really long game, but certainly an enjoyable one, and as I want to find out the witch's story, and rescue the children (who are not crying, lol), I'll be using a PCC on it

I am guessing these are new Devs, so for a first game, I think they have done quite well, particularly with the graphics and music.

Jen

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Mar 30, 13 2:00 AM
Hi DLO, Pam, Jen,

thanks lovely ladies, I had hesitated trying this one, but after reading your comments I am about to download.Hope you are all enjoying the holiday break, I am loving not having to work! So a good time for a bit of an escape into a game..cheers

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 30, 13 2:52 AM
I found the cursor very clunky too. Got a bit fed up with it cos it took ages to complete a puzzle. Good effort though!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 30, 13 3:15 AM
Hey DLO

O.k., the farther you get along in the game the creepier it's getting and I am loving every minute of. This (like I said in my review) is an awesome game. That old hag is seriously starting to give me the willies. Good job team!

Sassy

Edited on 03/30/2013 at 3:16:23 AM PST

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Mar 30, 13 4:39 AM
Hi everyone

Have any of you watched the video trailer for this game?

It says..

"A kindly old woman is not as she seems"

What do you mean that kindly old woman who looks just like a stereotypical fairy tale witch!!!

I never would have suspected the kindly old woman of nefarious doings if it hadn't been hinted at... nope not in a million years

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Mar 30, 13 4:53 AM
Rumbitothecore wrote: Hi everyone

Have any of you watched the video trailer for this game?

It says..

"A kindly old woman is not as she seems"

What do you mean that kindly old woman who looks just like a stereotypical fairy tale witch!!!

I never would have suspected the kindly old woman of nefarious doings if it hadn't been hinted at... nope not in a million years

Yes I have. And that's what got me to buy this game. And funny thing about that grave. I am curious to find out who that old hag is. This is beginning to be a good story. Have fun all!

Edited on 03/30/2013 at 5:00:07 AM PST

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Mar 30, 13 5:18 AM
I've only played a little of the demo and I'm finding it hard to suspend my disbelief (which is essential when playing games I find). What got me, was the mother not screaming at the kid to drop the dead crow, which mothers would do in this risk averse, disinfectant obssessed world we live in. LOL the kid should have played with it while her mum was distracted rooting through the mess in her car for the keys .

It's probably a good game, so I'll demo it again another day when I have my more serious game playing head on.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 30, 13 7:44 AM
It's a nice little game....BUT ....I made it about 3/4 through in just the trial..........

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 30, 13 9:10 AM
This is a nice game but far too many Hos for me to enjoy it so I will give it a pass.

[Post New]by heatherington on Mar 30, 13 9:57 AM
How many times a H.O.S. in a wrecked car? Doesn't anyone know how to drive? However, the contents inside the car are more modern than we usually see. Welcome to Darkville, lol what a name, I like it. No voice overs, that will upset some people. Graphics are ok and I didn't need a magnifier to see the stuff in the hidden object scenes. At the end of each H.O.S. the cursor sort of got stuck. Most of the puzzles I could do and I thought the music was okay. I bought it!

ark161
Clownfish
Clownfish
611 Posts

[Post New]by ark161 on Mar 30, 13 1:04 PM
is the demo on youtube? cos i might be interested in it then maybe possibly i'll play again.

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Mar 30, 13 4:53 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:
Rumbitothecore wrote:I've only played a little of the demo and I'm finding it hard to suspend my disbelief (which is essential when playing games I find). What got me, was the mother not screaming at the kid to drop the dead crow, which mothers would do in this risk averse, disinfectant obssessed world we live in. LOL the kid should have played with it while her mum was distracted rooting through the mess in her car for the keys .

It's probably a good game, so I'll demo it again another day when I have my more serious game playing head on.

You can play with the assurance that my kids would have picked up the bird, and I wouldn't have told them to put it down! It wasn't dead. If I hit a bird, or a bird hit my car (has happened, but it was dead) my kids and I would check it, picking it up if necessary to care for it. Instead of screaming to drop it, I might have been screaming, "Is it OK?"

I guess I am just a germy mom! We have too many pets to care too much about germs!

i'm a germy mom, too! my kids brought me all manner of creatures for me to patch up and release! doctor mom to the rescue!

i played the demo and enjoyed it. the puzzles seemed to get a little harder as we went along (which is good!) and that creepy witch peeking in/walking by the windows was a nice touch.

i don't mind that the mechanics aren't all flash... sometimes, the simpler the better so that we can do the work ourselves, just like the character is having to do! the character doesn't have a jump map... or even a map at all, so doesn't bother me that i don't! just makes the game more fun and challenging for me.

i'll use a pcc and get this after the first of the month. don't want to start a new punch card today!

edit: dumb typo... rotten keyboard makes all kinds of dumb errors! bad keyboard!

Edited on 03/31/2013 at 11:13:10 AM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Apr 6, 13 6:55 PM
My daughter was always bringing me injured animals to fix! So far I am enjoying this game except for two things - the cursor is a bit slow and awkward and there always seems to be a slight delay whenever I find something or the scene changes. Nothing to affect the story but annoying and it seems to interfere with the gameplay. If this is a first effort though it was done very well, I will be watching out for other games by this developer! Oh - and I have not found this one to be too short, have been playing off and on for several days and not even close to finishing, also have managed to do all the mini-games (so far anyway)...........

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Apr 12, 14 3:41 PM
As I mentioned in another post, I hate it when the inventory won't stay open! And another thing, I usually play without the custom cursor in any game. I guess my computer is old. In this game, when using the system cursor, it's like playing in a harder mode. There is no indication when you are on an object that needs attention without using the hint. Other than that, I'm enjoying the game. But I'm having a hard time finding games that don't use the same scenarios over and over.

Edited on 04/12/2014 at 3:43:19 PM PST

Go to: