rope won't land

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Mar 30, 13 3:02 PM
trying to throw that rope in the hole to grab stones "to heavy to liftt", no go.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:rope won't land

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 30, 13 3:08 PM
Hi there kriss_kross,
Don't bother trying to lift the stones, they will "be gone"!! BOOM
I suspect you have at least one other thing to do before you have access to the hole.
Cheers

Pongo20
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

rope won't land

[Post New]by Pongo20 on Apr 4, 13 1:20 PM
kris_cross48 wrote:trying to throw that rope in the hole to grab stones "to heavy to liftt", no go.

Having the same problem and can't find any solutions on this forum. The game obviously "thinks" the rocks are still there and that's why the rope won't work. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling -- same problem still. I am enjoying the trial and would like to purchase, but not if I can't go any further. I have the feeling that the only solution is to start the game over, with a new profile, and hope when I get to that point, I don't have the same problem. Very frustrating!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 4, 13 2:46 PM
Hi Fishies,

If this does seem like more of an issue with the game itself, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can start investigating what's going on and we can try to get it addressed for you.

They'll ask for a Dr. Felix Report for the game, which you can attach to your message on the Contact Us page. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

sunsup2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by sunsup2 on Apr 5, 13 5:47 AM
The rope and hole no can do. And just the same thing all rope haters are having. So I go the live chat line,line down for two days whats up.

[Post New]by sbh3108 on Apr 5, 13 10:07 AM
I also had a problem with the rope in the hole. I made sure I had direct x 11 and then I reinstalled the game. It worked for me. Hope this helps

sunsup2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by sunsup2 on Apr 5, 13 1:35 PM
HI sbh 3108 Not sure what direct x 11 mean

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 6, 13 4:30 AM
Hi sunsup2,

In simple terms DirectX is an interface that sends instructions to the video card, which helps the game to run and display correctly.

It is a really simple program to update and you can find some help doing that in the help article here.

If the error persists after updating, or you would like some more direction on this, please contact Tech Support again by clicking on the green to the right of the page; they will be glad to make some more specific suggestions.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

sunsup2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by sunsup2 on Apr 6, 13 8:57 AM
It did work and some up dating my computer and a new name worked. Thanks to you

tstrachan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tstrachan on Apr 13, 13 2:52 PM
I already have Direct X II and the rope doesn't work for me either. Rather frustrating as I've just purchased the game and am now regretting it

Les50
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Les50 on May 15, 13 12:32 PM
Same problem here. Hint points me to hole as next step. Hand holding rope will not change to gears and I'm stuck. Hate to reinstall the game at this point.

Edit: Deleted game and saved data. Reinstalled the game and rope now works. Go to your user name in file explorer which is probably c:\users\your name. Open app data/roaming/REXARD and delete the .dat and logfile in the game folder. reinstall the game and play.

Edited on 05/15/2013 at 3:41:30 PM PST

[Post New]by livrebleu32 on Jul 28, 13 1:45 PM
Here I am with the same problem, I think I will just forget about this game. It is the first time I ever had a problem with one game. Hate it.

Go to: