bfgBering
Clownfish
Clownfish
851 Posts

Tips and Tricks for The Spirit of Wandering: The Legend

[Post New]by bfgBering on Feb 25, 09 10:28 AM
Hints – Use them very wisely, since one hint costs 60 coins.

Random Clicking – Just don’t do it! You can lose coins this way, which means lest to spend on hints.

Hint Finder – Pay attention to which way the compass is pointing, don’t just move it around randomly. The compass is there to guide you directly to an item you haven’t found yet.

These are just a few ideas to help you out while playing The Spirit of Wandering: The Legend. Feel free to post your own below!

Edited on 02/25/2009 at 10:30:49 AM PST

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Tips and Tricks for The Spirit of Wandering: The Legend

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jun 7, 10 6:38 PM
bfgBering wrote:Hints – Use them very wisely, since one hint costs 60 coins.

Random Clicking – Just don’t do it! You can lose coins this way, which means lest to spend on hints.

Hint Finder – Pay attention to which way the compass is pointing, don’t just move it around randomly. The compass is there to guide you directly to an item you haven’t found yet.

These are just a few ideas to help you out while playing The Spirit of Wandering: The Legend. Feel free to post your own below!

Hi

After just finished the game, I agree with all you've said EXCEPT about the compass; it only points in the direction that you're going -- not in the direction you need to go and you only know that you've hit your target when the compass spins crazily in circles.
MEnr56

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

Re:Tips and Tricks for The Spirit of Wandering: The Legend

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jun 8, 10 7:14 PM
I haven't seen any loss of coins or hints with wrong clicks. Maybe you mean too many rapid ones at a time. I've clicked all over on things for guesses and was getting to think oh neat, no penalty.

I'd still like to know how to get some blue sparkley nudges or hints some say there are making it too easy. Got to thinking maybe wrong game and I'm remembering something from some other game, I'm demoing so many lately. Are they in this game and how long does one have to wait to see any?

nameplater
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by nameplater on Jun 11, 10 12:40 AM
The compass does point in direction you need to move. Has to be moved slowly though. And I never did get any sparkly nudges either. I also didn't notice a loss of coins for random clicking.

Played the demo and still undecided. Nice graphics overall, but feel like I have eye strain from trying to find some of the really small and unclear items. And some scenes are really junk piles.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jun 22, 10 4:41 PM
Loss of coins for quick clicks in succession ( 30 coins I think). I agree that you must move the compass slowly and it will show in which direction to go and then goes crazy when you are on the object.

Edited on 06/22/2010 at 4:42:55 PM PST

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Feb 17, 11 3:05 PM
I just finished this game.

Yes the compass leads you in the direction you are supposed to go. It spins when you find the object.

Move the looking glass slowly when searching for hidden items, I always found them in a few seconds this way. They blink, so go too fast and you will miss them.

Rapid clicking will cause bubbles to fill your screen and drain your coins. Leaving you with few or no hints.

Click as fast as you can in the treasure rounds on gold, there is no penalty in it. Doing so should leave you always with a full gold meter.

Go to: