bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 2, 13 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

zed3
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post any Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two technical issues here only

[Post New]by zed3 on Apr 2, 13 4:48 AM
I'm finding this game very slow and jerky. I've been looking forward to playing it but the speed is really detracting from my enjoyment. Any tips gratefully recieved

jimeezlady
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by jimeezlady on Apr 2, 13 5:20 AM
When you first start the game, try clicking "settings" and UNcheck the custom cursor box. My PC doesn't run well using the "custom cursor" in most games and turning it off usually speeds things right up!

zed3
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by zed3 on Apr 2, 13 6:56 AM
Thanks for the advice. I tried it but unfortunately it made no difference. I'm going to try reinstalling and see if that makes any difference.

zed3
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by zed3 on Apr 2, 13 7:35 AM
I'm still having the same problem. Is anyone else experiencing this ?

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Apr 2, 13 9:10 AM
Very slow and jerky movements. Reinstalling doesn't help.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 2, 13 10:08 AM
Hey there zed3 and mkastor,

Since uninstalling and reinstalling the game didn't help with those slow and jerky game movements I would recommend first checking for any video card drivers and if that doesn't help running the game as an administrator. Both of these steps help to make sure the game has the resources it needs to play properly.

If there's any further issues with the game, or if you'd prefer specialized help please be sure to contact Tech Support with a Dr. Felix and one of our Reps will work one-on-one to get the game up and running!

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Apr 3, 13 6:23 AM
I have to agree. I could play the first Adelantado game just fine, but this one is lag city! I'm playing it anyway because I love these games, but probably won't beat the timer on any setting above easy. My drivers are up to date as can be for Windows XP.

Getting speed stones just makes it more choppy instead of speedy. lol

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 3, 13 6:34 AM
Hi SilverBranch,

I am sorry to hear that - we definitely want to help you enjoy a smooth playing experience with this second installment.

So, as you have already checked for updates, I would encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team, attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report.

This will allow them to make specific suggestions and provide a much more personalized response than we can provide via the Forums.

I am sure they will get to the bottom of this for you - best of luck though!

bfgBaikal

boostone
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by boostone on Apr 3, 13 10:24 AM
Good day

Well this crashes big time I get a Fatal error -

The screen says "_tp_tcall: FUNCTION IS REALLY BAD.

I believe this is a run time error but I need a bit of help.

I am going to uninstall & then re-install to see if it helps

boo

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 3, 13 10:45 AM
Hey there boostone,

If uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't help then go ahead and write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix and that description of the error message and our Team will work with you directly to gt the game running properly!

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

Feckles
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by Feckles on Apr 3, 13 7:12 PM
I have the same problem. Slow and jerky. Unless I am in a cave. Then it works fine! Very strange! It spoils me, and then I have to exit the cave and it's back to jerkville. I had the same problem with chapter one also. Reloading or changing the cursor didn't work for me either. It's a great game, but I don't like the fact that you have to place the balls in the correct order in 6. The first game didn't have anything like that. I personally think it is a glitch. It didn't make me happy. But, I'm loving the boat!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 4, 13 1:56 AM
Heya Feckles, welcome to the Pond!

It sounds to me like your computer might have to process the game properly when you aren't in a cave. When these things happen it could be a sign that some of the software that is necessary to process the game could do with a little update. You can easily do this by checking out the steps here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by judyhatcher on Apr 4, 13 5:00 AM
I have been playing for a couple of days now and the game was running smoothly until "Salt and Skulls" level. I had completed all the goals and was heading into the cave to get a statue when a dinosaur was sighted. I took care of him and then the slow and jerky started. I am loathe to uninstall/reinstall for fear of losing my progress. All of my drivers are up to date - it helps to be married to a geek - so I really don't know what caused this. I hope this helps someone.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 4, 13 10:42 AM
Hey judyhatcher,

Since those drivers are all up-to-date I would recommend making sure that no other programs are running at the same time as the game, as this can take up some of the needed resources. It may also help to use the system cursor for the game if that's an option.

Please also be sure to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly on some specific troubleshooting steps to help get the game running smoothly once again!

Thanks and I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by judyhatcher on Apr 4, 13 2:50 PM
Thank you for the advice. To give you an update, I did the uninstall/reinstall of the game and thankfully none of my progress was lost, but the problem was also not resolved. After trying again with the cursor changed, I decided to restart the level. This time, the dinosaur appeared before I was entering the final cave, as opposed to the other try when it appeared as I was entering. This time the game played fine and I was able to complete the chapter. I believe from this that the game has a run-time bug of some sort. Just a thought. Thanks for the great games!

mbmb6868
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by mbmb6868 on Apr 4, 13 5:46 PM
Like others, I had no trouble with the first one but am finding Book Two to be laggy and jerky. I appreciate the suggestions to check my drivers and other things, I've done that and all is up to date. But if the problem was with our computers then you'd think we wouldn't have been able to play the first game. Maybe someone from Big Fish could contact the developer and ask them what they did differently this time around. Then maybe we'd actually get somewhere. But i've yet to see that happen here unfortunately.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 5, 13 2:15 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry that a number for you are having issues with the game running less than satisfactorily.

As you have already checked for updates, I would encourage you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team, attaching a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report.

This will allow them to make specific suggestions and provide a much more personalized response than we can provide via the Forums.

I am sure they will get to the bottom of this for you both- best of luck though!

bfgBaikal

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Apr 5, 13 6:34 AM
This game moves SOOOOO slow that when I click on a building to upgrade, I have timed the entire building process at 4 minutes!! Just getting the warrior to walk from point A to B takes upwards of 6-7 minutes. My computer fan runs non stop the entire time this game is open.

No Dr Felix for me...everytime I run a computer bug scan, I always end up with a virus warning from the Big Fish site on things I have downloaded. I don't want to download anything else.

Edited on 04/05/2013 at 6:36:54 AM PST

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Apr 5, 13 8:26 AM
In fact, here's how slow it is. In the amount of time it took my warrior to cross a lake in his boat, I managed to empty out the dishwasher and take the dog out. When I got back to the game, he was STILL paddling!!! Now...THAT's slow and it needs to be fixed!

Go to: