bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 2, 13 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 2, 13 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 2, 13 5:20 AM
I loved Book I but I am loving this one even more thanks partly to having to look elsewhere for secrets apart from under every bush and certain trees. The size of these additional objects are equal to those in Hero of the Kingdom so that tells you that they are small .

There are 2 sections containing 5 chapters in each followed by a Conclusion and these chapters are just as long as those in Book I, well at least the ones I have played so far are .

Some buildings can be demolished , I say some because I haven't tried to delete anything just for the sake of it although you do get a little bit of wood back when you demolish one . There is however however a much better way and that is that you can now restore efficiency so you can just nip back and do a quick click on the building (providing you have the necessary resources) and then carry on with your search knowing that the building will continue to provide resources .

The other best bit is that the game automatically saves whenever you exit and so you can play for 5 minutes or 50 depending on your real life commitments and/or interruptions.

The only drawback for me is that there are still cavemen to click on and we now have dinosaurs too , however it doesn't take that many clicks to send them back home and thankfully they are few and far between, at least so far. A picture of the attacker appears in the top left hand corner of your screen and clicking it takes you straight to them so you can get a few clicks in before they actually reach your building if you respond instantly.

Happy gaming everyone .

Cherb

MORE GAMES LIKE THIS ONE PLEASE DEVS & BFG

Edited on 04/02/2013 at 6:17:23 AM PST

[Post New]by Raven_55 on Apr 2, 13 5:42 AM
I agree loving this game so far. Best bit I like so far is that when a jar or barrel is smashed you don't have to click on the contents to pick them up (like in Book 1) it happens automatically - saves a lot of time.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 2, 13 5:52 AM
i bought at the devs,,,love the changes,,(not having to click on treasure after destroying a barrel, save mid chapter, destroy no longer needed buildings...)

it was a very fun game

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Apr 2, 13 6:12 AM

I got impatient too bella and bought this from the dev upon release. I have played through it twice now and love it. As Cherb has already mentioned the differences are the ability to demo all buildings but the mandatory ones, the ability to upgrade (restore efficiency) working buildings and the save function. We have gardens but also expanding farms and lumberjacks but also tree farmers for those areas with limited trees. We travel by land, boat and raft through grasslands, swamps and deserts. Deserts require the addition of a well or water source to be able to farm. There is a lot of "Do this for me" with the natives and the finding of lost comrades. You will have to up your communication skills with the natives and your strength to progress. Some of the latter games are quite tough but as always you can play beyond the timer. The dinos and cavemen do not occur with the frequency of the first game thank goodness.
The story line is actually a minor part of this but we do find a love interest in this one.
I love this series though as always I wish it was longer. It's not a short game but I could play it for days...

Try before you buy!
Happy Gaming

Welcome to the pond Raven 55

Edited on 04/02/2013 at 6:18:22 AM PST

[Post New]by Raven_55 on Apr 2, 13 6:35 AM
Thank you for the welcome sartasia, while I come to the forums to view quite often this is the first time I have posted.

As you have mentioned Book 2 has a lot of new features & improvements, it appears the devs actually listened to comments on Book 1. The cobbler is another cool addition as it speeds up everyones movements.

I hope we don't have to wait as long for Book 3.

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Apr 2, 13 6:48 AM
I was very happy to see this here today. I bought before trial was completed because something told me I might lose progress if I let it expire without a proper exit. It seemed to me, but I can't quite remember, that when a pot was smashed in Book 1, you had to click again to pick up the gold. Book 2 adds the gold immediately which is nice.

I really love this game and so far it's playing very smooth. I'm playing on Normal Mode.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Apr 2, 13 8:42 AM
i downloaded this demo after reading the reviews and played 2 mins. not my sort of game! but i am sure this game will be enjoyed by many.

enjoy!

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Apr 2, 13 10:02 AM
So far it seems like less of a challenge, but I am not doing the hardest mode yet either. It takes as many clicks to get rid of the cavemen as in Book One, and I am only up to Chap 3, and the buildings seems mostly there, so you don't have the option to put them where you want. It is great you can delete buildings if you want, but be careful on that. Have to see if it gets to be more of a challenge late on and if the hardest mode lets us put the buildings where we want or not. Yes, we can add buildings but most of them seem to be there waiting for repair.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 2, 13 12:35 PM
What a delightful game! I've not heard of this one before, so I may have to purchase and play the 1st one as well. Great little adventure and strategy game. Graphics are cute too. Off to get it with a free game credit.

grannigin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by grannigin on Apr 2, 13 3:02 PM
LUV LUV LUV IT! I have been playing it nonstop today and only have two more to go to the end, then I plan to replay it at a harder level. THANK YOU BIG FISH!!

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Apr 2, 13 4:35 PM
I didn't even play the demo, I loved the first one so much and had hours of fun, so I immediately used a free game bonus and bought it.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Apr 3, 13 3:33 AM
This is such a GREAT game - even better than the first one, And OMG - sooooo many pots

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Apr 3, 13 7:14 AM
Qte a bit of ipeme Adelantdao. This time there is no need to click on a pc of gold or magic stone, if this gold or magic stone was in the jug. U click the jug, the hero will go break it and if it contains gold or magic stone inside, he will automatically get it! NEAT!

The 1st series was a hair puller in the sense that u had to click AGAIN at the gold that "drop" out of the jug that the hero was sent to break.
Add'l fun elements: speed, happiness, fisherman, smoker. More fun or chopping bushes to find journal pages,

Hummph, looks like developer had listened and done these "upgrades" to please players, and what a delight!

WORTH buying and if u had been keeping ur stamps from BFG extra stamps or $3.99 or whatever special offers, why not played the trial then buy it with free stamps. Cute characters, great grapics, good storyline

Edited on 04/03/2013 at 7:15:42 AM PST

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Apr 3, 13 5:54 PM
I am at level 6 or the 2nd set and good thing there is the untimed which I usually play first to figure out the strategy - but I must say this is hard. One thing I do like is the guy picks up his own gold after smashing the jars. However, I need a map for each level.

I'm stuck in level 6 or 7 and in the cave and can't find the blue pyramid and don't know how to advance to get another colored stone to move on. Any help would make me very happy

[Post New]by metaldogsg on Apr 5, 13 12:17 AM
I am a big fan of the Royal Envoy Games and now, I'm a big fan of Adelantado games too! I bought Book 2 without even trying it out because I loved Book 1 so much ... I have to say that I haven't been disappointed so far.

The improvement to game play is tremendous - the new secrets, options, upgrades, etc. It also seems that the Cavemen and Dinos aren't as maddening as the Cavemen in Book 1 ... I mean geez, there's enough to keep an eye on and do already! lol

What I like most about this game series and Royal Envoy are the attention to detail in the graphics. The characters are just beautiful. You can see that much effort has been put into rendering each and every character as well as the gorgeous landscapes.

Like other fans here, I'm already looking forward to the third book BUT I won't mind waiting if it will give the dev team more time to develop a great story line, more great game play and gorgeous graphics.

This is a premium game (to me) - two thumbs up!!

shazoz
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by shazoz on Apr 6, 13 9:07 PM
bella81762 wrote:i bought at the devs,,,love the changes,,(not having to click on treasure after destroying a barrel, save mid chapter, destroy no longer needed buildings...)

it was a very fun game

Hi all, I too bought this from the dev's before it was released here on BF. LOVE this game & cant wait for the next installment. You can now demolish woodcutters etc that are of no more use, which is a huge improvement. It is substantially more difficult from the first to get gold on the hardest levels, but that adds to it's allure, as far as I am concerned. I want a challenge & am willing to go back & keep trying to see if I can get the best time etc. My one word of caution for all of the fishies is...I ended up paying for this game TWICE on the devs site due to a glitch on their end & NO customer support to speak of. I wish I had been patient & waited for the release here. I am now paying for it, literally. Lesson learnt. BF is miles ahead of the other guys, in back up & support & I am telling myself to WAIT till BF has it till I hit that BUY button next time an exciting game is released. I am sure I wont listen to my own advise, but I just wanted to warn everyone that not all sites are as well run as BF. Poorer but wiser! Cheers & happy gaming everyone

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Apr 7, 13 2:08 PM
congrats to the developers of this game.. have thoroughly enjoyed playing it through this weekend.. love all the changes, but as with the first, it's too short!! te cavemen and dinos were not quite as annoying as in the first, but i do not see the need for them at all really...

Edited on 04/07/2013 at 2:11:01 PM PST

Medusausi
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Medusausi on Apr 11, 13 2:11 PM
After playing Adelantado Book One, there was no hesitation on my part to buy Book Two and it does not disappoint. I second all other posters' comments about wonderful game play, engaging strategy, and awesome graphics. I think the devs made a good game better by improving certain features of the game, like not having to pick up gold and food after smashing crates, not having the whole screen move when bopping cavemen and dinos, and by not having that annoying screen pop up every time you found a gem (my pet peeve in the first one).

Adelantado Book Two is an all-around winner and I truly enjoy this series.

Go to: