bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Azada: Elementa

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 5, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Azada: Elementa ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Azada: Elementa page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Azada: Elementa

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 5, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 5, 13 12:38 AM
If you would like to have a sneaky peak at the reviews for the CE version of this game, just click here!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Apr 5, 13 12:49 AM
Sensational!

BASED ON COMPLETED CE GAME

Everyone and their sidekick has reviewed the CE version of this one, so I’m putting in my two cents’ worth in here. This game is so typical of both the Azada series and ERS Studios’ games that I really can’t understand the fuss. After all, Azada In Libro was also developed by ERS. Let’s just take the game on its own merits.

From the beginning I was blown away. The opening scenes were amazingly realistic, like a movie from your point of view.

Excellent voiceovers – in sync! A very rapid increase in tension leading into the start of the game.

You’ll find loads of extraordinary graphics – imaginative, colourful and crystal clear. In fact, I think this is the best artwork these developers have offered us.

Sadly, the music remains the same, failing to match the new dynamic of the game.

This is an outstanding Puzzle Adventure with HOS being one of the puzzle types offered, one of very many. Expect to be challenged frequently in this one. The sheer volume of original mini-games and puzzles, so beautifully and colourfully presented, is awesome – and a little daunting.

I doubt I’d recommend this as an SE to many, simply because the Strategy Guide will be pretty much essential for most people.

Lately I have started to review SGs, and this is one of the better ones, so at least you can be sure of some helpful help.

There is an interactive jump map, a sidekick and a magic bottle – more innovations – to help you in your quest, and each in its own way affects the style of game play, making it something out of the norm.

If you choose this SE over the CE, you will miss a lot of interesting new titbits, such as the Azada Dwellers volume, and Azada In Colour, as well as the strategy guide and replayable puzzles.

It’s impossible for me to bring myself to say I actually don’t recommend this game, because of course I do, it’s brilliant, but I STRONGLY urge you to consider the CE instead.

I recommend this game!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 5, 13 9:34 AM
This is an excellent game and the SE version is a great length. I purchased the CE version but I do not recommend the CE version because the extra game play was very short. I did not use the Strategy Guide at all because the hint button worked so well.

I recomment the SE version of this game.

Edited on 04/05/2013 at 2:11:20 PM PST

[Post New]by LindyLouBrad on Apr 9, 13 10:25 AM
Ive just played the SE all the way through on Advance Mode which still gives you enough options on how to go forward if you get stuck. The story was great and entertaining, the games were very different, and some quite difficult. The scenes were fantastic, cut scenes realistic and I applaud the dev. Azada has always been great, and I think this lives up to my expectations. Loved it, thanks Big Fish.

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Apr 10, 13 11:46 AM
I have read some of the review and so far {playing 1 hr } I like the game. However if they have a bunch of HOG games in this one I will be sooo sad. Can anyone tell me if they do ? It is especially troubling when they are all bunched up at the end of the game.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Apr 14, 13 2:07 AM
Beautiful graphics and good voiceovers, but after playing a bit of the demo, it looks like there are a lot of puzzles. I don't like puzzles, therefore this will not be a buy for me.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Apr 23, 13 4:03 AM
This is an excellent game, in my opinion. I found the graphics to be beautiful, although sometimes a little hazy, to me.

My Pet: At the beginning of the game, you receive a wonderful companion. You can choose it's appearance via scroll bars.

Collectibles: There are 83 critter coins to be collected in the SE. These coins can be used to purchase outfits for your pet. Unfortunately, there are not enough coins available in the SE to purchase all the items. There is only one item that you will not be able to purchase with the SE. When I went to replay the game, I was hoping that I could just add coins with my existing profile, but you start again with no coins. There are an additional 22 coins in the CE.

Magic bottle: The magic bottle is located above the inventory bar. When it glows, move it around the screen to reveal hidden magic areas, and to obtain hidden/magic inventory items.

There are 3 modes of play: You can change modes mid-game via options.
1. Casual : approx. 45 secs skip and hint buttons. Sparkles.
2. Advanced: Approx. 90 secs skip and hint buttons. Still sparkles for HOS.
3. Fearless Hero: 3 min skip and hint buttons. Sparkles for HOS. Automatic black bar tips disabled, but hint still helpful.

There are voice-overs.

There is a journal/diary. There are 2 tabs to select in the diary.
1. Notes tab - contains the story.
2. Tasks tab - the tasks are listed on the left page. If you click on a task, more detail is provided on the right page.

There is a map. It can be used to transport. I found it very helpful. The map indicates undiscovered areas, completed areas, incomplete areas, and areas that require immediate attention for tasks. When you hover over an area on the map, a picture of the area appears, with a list of tasks in that location.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Apr 23, 13 4:23 AM
contd:

HOS: There are approximately 14 interactive HOS. There is an average of 4 objects per scene which require interaction. Several require more than one step to complete. Some scenes were more hazy and cluttered than others, but I rarely needed to use the hint button. See previous post for hint recharge times.

Puzzles: There are approx. 32 puzzles. I found that these ranged in difficulty from easy to very challenging, for me. Some puzzles were a little lacking in explanation, for my skill level. There were some unique and interesting applications of some of the "typical" puzzles. See previous post for skip times.

Hint: I found the hint button extremely helpful, as it worked outside of HOS and was also helpful with directions. There really is no need for a walk through or a SG, in my opinion. Well, perhaps for further explanation on a few of the puzzles.

Overall, this was a remarkable game, filled with entertaining and magnificent characters and creatures. It took me about 6 hours to complete, skipping 5 puzzles. I will definitely play this game again! I know that I can get through those pesky puzzles that eluded me.

I highly recommend this game. It is an absolute bargain with the current 50% off deal! As always, try the demo.... we all have such different tastes. Have fun.

semcrae
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by semcrae on Apr 25, 13 9:59 PM
Best of the Azada series - what an imagination on the part of the creator. HATED the ending: rushed and kind of boring.

Chi3165
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by Chi3165 on Apr 28, 13 12:05 AM
I enjoyed the earlier Azada games, and was looking forward to buying this one. However, I tried to play this games twice and both times I got error messages and had to exit the game using Cntrl-Alt-Del.

I believe a game should be ready to play on most computers when it is released. I have not had any other issues with other games and can only presume there is a problem with this game, sadly. Considering the number of problems listed in Technical Issues, and the problems I've had with it, it is a no buy for me.

I do not recommend this game.

roxycavalier
Stingray
Stingray
5,621 Posts

[Post New]by roxycavalier on May 29, 13 12:33 AM
Great game! It gets better after the demo time and this is well worth using a coupon code.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Jun 20, 13 7:14 PM
Great game and great story! Wasn't too keen on the abrupt ending, but the game was worth it. My teenage son and I played this one together and had a great time with it!

[Post New]by Earthlea on Sep 1, 13 4:29 PM
I really liked this game. It had good range of puzzles to solve from fairly easy to difficult. My only complaint is that in the middle of this great game I am forced once again to play "hidden object games". I don"t really care for HOGs. There not my thing. My partner loves them which makes Big Fish perfect for her. I love adventure games. I like good story lines with varying degrees of puzzles and brain teasers to solve. I like to rely on notes in my diary to help solve those puzzles and figure what to do next. I hate it when my diary is nothing more than a bunch of useless information that isn't needed for game play. (which by the way was the only down note in "Azada: Elemental" It is really irritating to me that in the middle of a good adventure or strategy game BOOM there's an HOG. I've noticed I'm not the only one who feels this way so, Hey Big Fish, how about throwing something our way. You know the adventurers among us. We're a really loyal group if you give us something play.

minx69696969
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by minx69696969 on Feb 4, 14 12:31 AM
Finished this one yesterday. It has taken me hours to play, seemed a really long game compared to others that I have played. I think it is well worth the money. I actually enjoyed the HOG because they gave you something that you needed to keep going and there wasn't too many of them. At several points I got stuck but the hint system is quite good. I quite enjoyed the storyline and would definitely recommend this game to anyone

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Mar 29, 14 8:23 AM
This is a HOG that has puzzles mixed in. It ruins the whole spirit of Azada. Not everyone likes HOGs and throwing them in here spoils the game for me. I played the previous editions of Azada and loved them... they were puzzle games and really gave you a challenge. Sorry, but this is not Azada. A no buy for me.

Fifiluna614
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by Fifiluna614 on Apr 29, 14 3:33 PM
I didn't mind having hidden object scenes thrown in, but these were impossibly hard. They were the type where you have to find one item and use it somehow in order to find the next one, etc. The problem was, knowing how and where to use an item was seldom obvious or even logical. I've never had to use the hint button so often in a so-called hidden object scene. Luckily the hint button fills quickly in casual mode, but having to use it so much was annoying, to say the least. Otherwise, the game was quite enjoyable.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Apr 30, 14 7:39 PM
I bought this game because I like the previous Azada games but Big Disappointment. Not at all like the previous Azada games. It just a standard HOG using the prince from the Azada series. The games are extremely difficult and not much fun to have to use the hint button all the time. The hidden object scenes have some objects that are hidden so well they are virtually invisible. Hate it.

ShaunaPSmith
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ShaunaPSmith on Sep 10, 14 12:45 PM
By far, one of the best games I've played! And I only played the SE version! It was super long and very satisfying. I tried playing it on the most difficult level, because I like it really hard. But I had to change to an easier level to get a few hints. The most difficult level doesn't give you any information on what you click on. And the cursor doesn't change to indicate an action is needed. That made it super hard for me. I even felt challenged by the mini-games. Love that! And some mini-games had 3 levels to complete so you really feel like you've had enough. This was the best $4.99 I've spent. If you like them hard, go for this one!

Go to: