bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Post any The Saint: Abyss of Despair technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Apr 5, 13 12:38 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

DOWNLOAD SLOW

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Apr 5, 13 5:35 AM
5 HOURS AND STILL AT 57% WILL IT EVER GET THERE!!!!!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Post any The Saint: Abyss of Despair technical issues here only

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 5, 13 7:22 AM
Mine's taking forever too!

frazerpaul
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

DOWNLOAD OR NOT

[Post New]by frazerpaul on Apr 5, 13 8:13 AM
7 HOURS 84% NEW COMPUTER

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Apr 5, 13 9:02 AM
downloaded right away but frozen pc about 20min into it

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 5, 13 9:19 AM
Hey Fishies,

I know that slow downloads can seem to take forever, but if you stick with it I know it will get there eventually! Usually when the game is first downloaded to a server in an area it can take a little longer but feel free to take a look at the following help article for some suggestions on speeding that up:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

DixieKat: I would definitely check for any video card driver updates to help make sure the game doesn't freeze again.

If this doesn't help then one of our Reps will be happy to offer some other troubleshooting options! Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

Edited on 04/05/2013 at 9:20:05 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Apr 5, 13 10:32 AM
BTW, if a slow download is unusual for your connection/computer, I'd rather re-try than waiting for hours. Either pause and then click on the 'continue'-icon** after half a minute, or stop the DL right away, delete the DL-file and re-start.

ETA: ** or whatever it is called when you hover your mouse about the icons

I had good experiences with this (most often even with the 'little' solution) and have seen it posted by others, too.

I'd also doubt with these many msgs re. this problem that everyone who posts about it is the one first downloader in their region, lol, sorry .

Edited on 04/05/2013 at 10:34:06 AM PST

60schild
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by 60schild on Apr 5, 13 2:10 PM
Well, I'm at a loss....the main scenes show up okay, but when I click to the places within that scene (i.e., barns, close-ups, etc.), it's totally black (with only little sparkles showing up on the screen). I've uninstalled, re-installed and changed profiles, but to no avail!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 5, 13 2:33 PM
Hi 60schild,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. From what you're describing, that sounds a bit like an issue with a software program or driver that isn't updated which might be causing graphics problems. You can find information on updating programs here on our help article if you'd like to take a look:

If those tips aren't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know. They'll be happy to take a look into that further and hopefully find a solution quickly for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Deb_S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Deb_S on Apr 11, 13 8:45 AM
I couldn't play this game at all... while the audio and cut scenes ran smoothly the game itself was so distorted and pixilated it was a no go.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 11, 13 9:36 AM
Hey Deb_S,

Really helpful to know that the game was displaying all pixilated- that is definitely strange!

Often checking for any video card driver updates can help to get the game displaying correctly. (The game uses the video card driver to run and display.) Just click on the blue text for specific instructions.

If you'd prefer some help with those troubleshooting steps, or would like some other options for the game please be sure to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

1unicorn
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by 1unicorn on Apr 29, 13 8:42 AM
Bad pictures, items hard to find or invisible. Took 14 min just for the first part. No buy for me.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 30, 13 3:34 AM
Hi 1unicorn,

Have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

If you would like to try this game again, I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game runs for you.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by JulesJumper on May 6, 13 10:24 AM
Hey, I have problems with the audio. The music and the dialogue sound clipped and cut of...
Can somebody help me? Please?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on May 7, 13 11:03 AM
Thanks for letting us know about those issues, JulesJumper.

Since troubleshooting is somewhat limited here for sounds issues in the Forums please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our Reps will work with you directly on some troubleshooting steps to help get that working properly!

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

LuckyKK
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKK on May 19, 13 10:30 PM
After I finished the game, it froze up. I couldn't click on Exit, or anything else.

Go to: