[Post New]by cleoladycat on Apr 5, 13 2:20 AM
Any comments fishes?

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

Re:Todays DD April 5 2013

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Apr 5, 13 2:56 PM
This is a good deal for $2.99. I thought that the graphics were a bit blurry, but not dreadful. Also, for those fishes who prefer puzzles, there are more than twice as many puzzles in comparison to HOS.

There are 2 modes of play: Casual and Expert. There are sparkles for HOS in both. You cannot change modes mid-game.

There are voiceovers throughout the game.

There is a journal, (round disc at bottom left of screen), but I found it lacking in that it did not store important clues to help solve puzzles. So, keep paper and pen handy as you will need to "remember" sequences a couple of times.

There is no map, but the five chapters/locations are self-contained. There is little trekking back and forth in each chapter. Even I couldn't get lost.

HOS: There are approximately 11 HOS. They are not interactive, and I found many to be quite cluttered and blurry.

Hints: recharge in 2 mins in casual mode, and 5 mins in expert mode.

Help button: this is in lieu of the usual hint button outside of HOS. When you click on this button, you are offered a selection of pertinent questions. You click on the task/action that you require and you are given instructions.
Help button recharges in 2 mins in casual mode and 5 mins in expert mode.

Puzzles: there are approximately 28 puzzles. I found most to be extremely simple. For me, the memory type puzzles were Medium to hard in difficulty. There were between 2 to 15 "steps" to remember as the sequences progressed. I needed my pen and paper by the last sequence. I found a few of the puzzles to be tedious and time consuming.
Puzzles could be skipped in 5 mins in casual mode and 8 mins in expert mode.

Overall, this was worth the $2.99. The story was interesting and there was a satisfactory, albeit abrupt, conclusion. The graphics and voiceovers could have been better, IMHO. My biggest complaint is the length of recharge time on the hint and skip button in casual mode. As the HOS were blurry, to me, I had difficulty finding objects and used the hint twice for every scene. Two mins is just too long to wait in casual mode for a hint, IMHO. Similarly, a 5 mins wait for the skip button on puzzles in casual mode is excessive. There were 2 identical puzzles that I always choose to skip after 2 mins because I find them tedious and frustrating. It was extremely annoying to wait so long for that skip button. Nonetheless, this was a fine game, at a fair price.

Go to: