HOG mistake

[Post New]by Blueathena623 on Apr 5, 13 7:24 PM
I thought I saw a representative of the developers here somewhere, but I wanted to let them know about a small mistake in one of the HOG sections in the bonus content. In the hospital (I believe) it asks for a trumpet, but the image is a trombone. As a trumpet player, I had to point that out

Re:HOG mistake

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Apr 6, 13 9:25 PM
There are lots of mistakes in the HOs. One scene asks for a bird however there are two in the scene and only one is correct. Another asks for a fan and there's a hand fan and electric fan in the scene (only one is correct). In another, it asks for curtains however the item is actually the tassels that would tie a curtain back. There's another scene that is full of feathers and the list asks for particular bird feathers and it's really just a matter of clicking on the various feathers and hoping you collect the right ones.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 6, 13 9:54 PM
Hi there,
I don't mind having choices in HOS that could have more than one meaning (for example pipe could be smoking pipe, musical pipe or a piece of metal pipe - along with Persistent_Cat's example of the two fans) as they add to the challenge so long as it doesn't mess up an achievement in a game that has them.

Other "problems" can also be related to the interpretation according to the country from which the player comes and that of the developer and their "English advisor/translator" - gumboots or wellies for example.
One could even be "excused" for mislabelling a musical instrument as discovered by Blueathena623.
However, being expected to know that a curtain tie albeit a tassle does stretch the imagination and become frustrating - unless you are like me and have played gazillions of these games and often have to think outside of the box so to speak.
Cheers

ropik
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by ropik on Jul 22, 13 12:20 PM
I thought this a bit frustrating too. In one scene it asked for a "stud" and the object was a "button".

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Jul 29, 13 2:36 AM
Given the high quality of the translations in the rest of the game, I'm convinced they are just having their little joke in the HOG malapropisms. An additional challenge, so to speak.

[Post New]by faithwon on Feb 21, 14 5:30 AM
I understand posters' views that different languages have different meanings, but I don't see it as a challenge in the game as several objects didn't come close to fitting the word given. I feel if you're building a game to sell to US customers, then I feel you need to use US terminology.

(Spoiler alert for HOG scenes below)

I agree with other posters that the HOG scenes have several mislabeled items. One example is the lamp. There's a large lamp in one HOG scene in full sight just off center to the left behind a puppet, however that isn't the correct item for which is asked. The correct item to click on for the word "lamp" is the lantern hanging on the post to the right of the screen. Given the language argument, there's a big difference between looking for a lantern and a lamp. Aside from having different builds (lamps have shades) and usages (indoor and outdoor), another major factor is that one uses electricity where one uses gas.

Another such item was the "stud" looked for in the same scene but at a different time which another poster mentioned. I looked for a wooden board which is a "stud" in building terms, and I looked for an earring, which is a term for a small earring that goes in a pierced ear. I still don't see how a "stud" meant the button with a sewn on "x" in the eye socket of the puppet.

Edited on 02/21/2014 at 6:14:08 AM PST

Go to: