kszanz
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Where to place farms

[Post New]by kszanz on Apr 6, 13 11:26 AM
There has got to be a way to tell when you're placing a farm in the proper space so you can upgrade it; but for so far, I haven't figured out how. I have allowed enough room on each side of the farm; and no matter what I do, I end up being told it's impossible to upgrade it. Come on guys, there has got to be a way to tell where to put it so it can expand. Isn't there? If not, that is most definitely something that should be corrected in the next version. Other than this and the towers, the game is perfect as far as I'm concerned. If you could show a shadow where the upgrades will be so you know where to place the original building, that would be great.

Regarding the towers, I wish the enemy would be shot before they get to the buildings once the towers are upgraded all the way. If we still have to fight them off even though our towers are fully upgraded, then what's the point.

Thanks so much for your help.

psyche_
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

Re:Where to place farms

[Post New]by psyche_ on Apr 9, 13 6:59 PM
hehe, I concur on both points!

Where to place farms

[Post New]by surfmistress on Apr 10, 13 6:12 AM
kszanz wrote:There has got to be a way to tell when you're placing a farm in the proper space so you can upgrade it; but for so far, I haven't figured out how. I have allowed enough room on each side of the farm; and no matter what I do, I end up being told it's impossible to upgrade it.

I've had some luck 'fixing' this by clearing out all the cactus and bushes in the area where the upgrades will go. It hasn't worked every time, but at least it might get you enough space to get one upgrade. The farm will upgrade on either side, as long as there's enough room.

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Apr 12, 13 1:45 PM
I agree. A shadow outline or something similar to show you how upgradeable a farm is would be great. Taking a guess at it when property is at a premium would help by not wasting resources by having to demolish and rebuild. I get that the watch towers must be upgraded to open up new territories but it should take care of the cavemen or dinosaurs too. I stepped into an underground area only to have a caveman come out just as I entered and the entrance to the underground greyed out behind me and I couldn't get back out until I could finish it. Needless to say the caveman damaged a vital building that I had to repair because I couldn't get to it. That was frustrating and I "may" have used swear words.

Are you Devs pulling your hair out yet because we keep whining about little things? Still loving the game though and replaying it for the 3rd time. That Devs is why you take into account our whining about little things. Cause we'll buy it to play over and over again. The upgrades you made from One to Two are fantastic BTW. Good job! Looking forward to Three with those "little things" maybe addressed?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 16, 13 9:38 AM
Excellent point, kszanz! I was hoping for the exact same thing with the farms. I ended up building and immediately destroying a few once I found that I was unable to upgrade. It took a bit of practice finding the correct place to put them among all of the other buildings (especially in certain chapters where there wasn't too much space).

As for those towers, that's a great thought as well. I'll definitely be passing your ideas along to the developer!

Thanks and happy gaming!

bfgIzara

Go to: