cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Comments for Tiny Tokens Empires

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 8, 13 2:03 AM
I would be very grateful if someone could let me know if this is the exact same game that I purchased last year from the house of games and which is still on my computer so I can't try it for myself to find out if it is identical or if it has been reworked in some way. The shortcut icon on my desktop is like a gold coin with a red roman helmet on and mine is called Tiny Tokens Empire not Empires.

If it is the same then ...

Apart from the main invading territory game you can play Quick Battles of M3 games where you have 5 soldiers and each soldier has a different coloured symbol and you have to make matches of these particular colours in order to build up the soldier's strength. When the bar is full on one of your soldiers you can click on the crossed swords at the bottom of the screen and attack or you can wait until all 5 are ready before attacking.

Despite the simplicity of the above let me say it isn't easy to win and I have to admit that I am a complete and utter failure at these battles LOL as my thrashings are too numerous to mention and my victories can be counted on my hands but every now and then I try again because it is a more interesting way to play M3 than some of the other games out there.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Apr 8, 13 9:54 AM
Cherbtoo,
It sounds like the same game. In the free mission (sandbox) mode, you have your choice as playing as the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Persions, or somebody else. If your game has the same choice of empires, it's probably exactly the same game.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 8, 13 10:46 AM
cbellcrm wrote:Cherbtoo,
It sounds like the same game. In the free mission (sandbox) mode, you have your choice as playing as the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Persions, or somebody else. If your game has the same choice of empires, it's probably exactly the same game.

Romans check
Greeks check
Egyptians check
Persians check
Carthaginians check

It must be exactly the same game.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post and tell me Cbellcrm .

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Comments for Tiny Tokens Empires

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 8, 13 2:40 PM
Wow! I thought I'd give this a try because I saw what looked like a match 3?

Not for me Good thing the guy helping me through the tutorial isn't real! He would have had me beheaded for stupidity

Not my kind of game! I would like to say why it isn't but I have no idea what I did for the last 20 min.

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Apr 8, 13 5:43 PM
Hi Cherb

I also bought bought this last year from that other place. It never occurred to me that this could be different, but it sounds the same.

I do love this game and I much prefer M3 battles, rather than the complex battle strategies that can occur in RPG strategy games.

Not sure if I'm allowed to say this, but from the dev's site one can download a demo of the first campaign. This should give people a feel for the game, as a 1 hour demo is not really enough. Then folks can come back here and buy it!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 9, 13 7:14 AM

An outside review site (begins with g ends with zebo) gave this the 6th best game in 2011 status.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Apr 11, 13 3:20 PM
I noticied on the developers website it says you have your choice of solo or multi for multi-player games via the Internet. What I got from Big Fish only has solo play, so there may be a different version of the game out there. However, everything else about the game seems identical.

Go to: