bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

Tips and Tricks for Rock Tour

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Jun 19, 08 10:17 AM
Slow it down – As you get more popular, more and more shows will pop up on your map, making it hard to properly schedule shows in advance. If you find there are too many gigs available to look at them all before they disappear, then hit the pause button on the game speed bar. This way you can look at each show, and book them in the order you want to play them, all while the game is paused.

Save every penny – Early on it’s easy to want to spend money on promotions for your shows. However, you don’t make a lot of money from shows in the early stages of the game. So for the first few shows, until you start playing bigger venues, save your money to pay for your band’s salaries and gas for the van.

Back and forth – It wastes gas to schedule shows that cause a lot of back and forth driving in the van. So try to schedule shows so that you avoid doubling back to a town you were just in.

These are just a few ideas to help you out. If you have any other suggestions, post them below!

Edited on 03/17/2010 at 9:57:08 AM PST

Re:Tips and Tricks for Rock Tour

[Post New]by NathanWay on Mar 17, 10 8:53 AM
who is filling the soundtrack in Rock Tour? Can you give the official website?

smegs
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by smegs on Apr 10, 10 5:17 AM
Has anyone figured out how you get more "power songs"? I've raised the skill level of band members but even as they write better songs I'm still stuck having to use the really bad one from the start of the level....?

rbxcbe
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by rbxcbe on Oct 3, 10 4:06 PM
Getting power songs always seem to take the most time. When I can, I pretty much set all my guys on writing songs. Power songs are the key to getting albums done, and albums are the only source of passive income!

[Post New]by LollyMaid104 on Jun 24, 11 9:02 AM
smegs wrote:Has anyone figured out how you get more "power songs"? I've raised the skill level of band members but even as they write better songs I'm still stuck having to use the really bad one from the start of the level....?

Get everyone member of your band to write songs. That way you have a better chance of getting a power song. I think in total i had about 3 CDs out (each with 8 songs) and 6 or 7 songs left over before i got my 2nd power song.

Buzz999
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Buzz999 on Dec 28, 11 11:40 AM
In response to power songs - random; the only way to increase chance is to write more songs.

But !!! - I'm not sure if it's a glitch on my download or not, but I don't need a power song on albums??? Of course my first album uses the given power song, but subsequent albums don't need them. I use them if they come up, but I've often got two or three albums with no power songs, that seem to sell fine.

Is this general for anyone else?

Go to: