TheMagus84
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Carol Reed games

[Post New]by TheMagus84 on Apr 8, 13 11:23 AM
I'v demo'd 2 Carol Reed games and I love how they look, and the look of a game is very important to me, and I like straight adventure games, but I can't tell what these games are like from the demo. I got as far as I could in the Black Circle demo, getting the cleaning supplies and going to that building. But in the demo all you can really do is look at all the locations and talk to 3 people and pick up 2 things. You never get to actually use the items in the inventory, or put together any clues or do any puzzles or have to use your brain at all. Does the game get more involved later on or is it all this empty? I feel like I could really like these games, if they have more to them than the demo reveals.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

Re:Carol Reed games

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 8, 13 11:48 AM
If you enjoyed the demo, you will LOVE the games. I have all of them and they are so beautiful. I do use a walk through, but only for the navigation which I am hopeless at. Enjoy! They are a real feast for the eyes and like being on holiday. The history is interesting too.

TheMagus84
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by TheMagus84 on Apr 8, 13 4:16 PM
But do they have more stuff to do than they show in the beginning? If they do, then I think I will definitely like these games. When a game is beautiful and the scenery is full and immersive, like what I saw in the demo, it's like taking a vacation in a different country with the added satisfaction of solving a mystery.
Also are they a decent length? Like at the very least 2.5 hours?

Edited on 04/08/2013 at 4:17:34 PM PST

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 11, 13 5:24 AM
They take me at least 5 hours, but I love wandering round and looking at everything.

Eta: and yes, there is loads more to do

Edited on 04/11/2013 at 5:25:50 AM PST

TheMagus84
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by TheMagus84 on Apr 11, 13 7:13 PM
Thanks! I'v decided to get it. Who knows, I might end up being one of those crazy die hard Carol Reed fans. lol

Go to: