bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Ghost: Elisa Cameron

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 9, 13 12:29 AM
Am I dead? Apparently so, adding to the mystery, you have no memory of how it may have happened. As you discover more, death seems to be the least of your problems. Elisa Cameron must work quickly to save her sister, her future, and possibly the world. From the best-selling Dark Horse graphic novel, "Ghost", comes a story of supernatural proportions!

Martyheinz
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,130 Posts

Re:Ghost: Elisa Cameron

[Post New]by Martyheinz on Apr 9, 13 12:56 AM
Very interesting premise. This game would be excellent for a beginner to the genre. However for anyone with any HOG experience there is way too much hand holding. The art seems to be very retro but I would have really enjoyed the game is loft on my own more. Sorry, a no buy for me but anyone wanting to enter into HOGing, please give it a try.

Marty

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Apr 9, 13 1:00 AM
what is the matter with bfg these days i am 20 mins into download and its managed to get to 8% why are some games proving to be so difficult to download have now lost the will to live and cancelled download will try again later

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Apr 9, 13 1:09 AM
tishythree wrote:what is the matter with bfg these days i am 20 mins into download and its managed to get to 8% why are some games proving to be so difficult to download have now lost the will to live and cancelled download will try again later

I agree this is the third within a week where it gets so far then stops. I managed 7% the first time I tried . Deleted after 3/4 hour, rebooted and tried again, only to get to 8% then no movement. In the UK downloading is usually good at 8 am in the morning, so whats going on.
After reading a couple of comments about the game I may not even bother with this one.
Come on BFG your going to be losing customers if this keeps on.

Adding this 3 hours later.

Game downloaded, but took 3 hours. I've played about 10 minutes of game and binned it. What a waste of my time.

Edited on 04/09/2013 at 4:29:00 AM PST

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 9, 13 1:12 AM
Martyheinz wrote:Very interesting premise. This game would be excellent for a beginner to the genre. However for anyone with any HOG experience there is way too much hand holding. The art seems to be very retro but I would have really enjoyed the game is loft on my own more. Sorry, a no buy for me but anyone wanting to enter into HOGing, please give it a try.

Marty

La la la - it's a buy for me! Instead of the tomorrow's over-sophisticated CE!
I am HOGer, and this is my main genre - thanks BF for your care... There are adventure moves too, but the hint system is excellent, out of the HOS...

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 9, 13 1:31 AM
No problems with DL here.
Still sitting on the fence though as to whether the game will be interesting enough for me to want to continue on with it as it is very easy so far - only one mode of play and way too much hand-holding for the more experienced gamer as Marty has described.
I had to bail out of the trial to eat, but will probably finish the remaining 35 minutes or so to see whether I am sufficiently engaged in the story-line to want to finish it.
I suspect it will be put on my DD or PC filler list, but if the story "grabs" me in the remaining time .... who knows.
Of course, give the game a trial, it might just be something that you would enjoy as Rebecca_Lily has found.
Cheers

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 9, 13 2:02 AM
For drng:

SPOILER (select (left-click) the following:

If you are after the jigsaw (on the wall, over the "new" piano), look to the right, and see an arrow pointing to the room with the "old" piano (I tried there to put the piano keys and failed).

Click on the arrow, and you will passed to the "old" piano. Look at the jigsaw, and see markings: A(x times), H(x times).

Now search on the "old" piano for the keys A to ..., and play as written: A (one time), H (one time); when you finish the line, begin with A again, note on a list - 1 (for you to remember), because now when you play, you have to skip on F and the letters marked to play less than 7 times.

In the middle of your playing, a key for the cabinet will fall. Click on the cabinet (in the "new" piano room (on the left side of the wall), open it, take the cloth, and you will be passed automatically to a new place (this is instead of a map).

Edited on 04/09/2013 at 2:03:54 AM PST

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Apr 9, 13 5:24 AM
The art work, game options and overall game play seem to be from years ago in game design/development. With that said, this is a nice game for beginners who want to try Hidden Object games.

Faylyn

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Apr 9, 13 6:18 AM
I could only stand it for 3 minutes. I had to get off that game and delete it. Boring game BF.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Apr 9, 13 8:41 AM
hannah57 wrote:I could only stand it for 3 minutes. I had to get off that game and delete it. Boring game BF.

very boring and slow...

Mhhu
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,439 Posts

[Post New]by Mhhu on Apr 9, 13 10:03 AM
twinsoniclab wrote:
Rebeca_Lily wrote:For drng:

SPOILER (select (left-click) the following:

Click on the arrow, and you will passed to the "old" piano. Look at the jigsaw, and see markings: A(x times), H(x times).

Now search on the "old" piano for the keys A to ..., and play as written: A (one time), H (one time); when you finish the line, begin with A again, note on a list - 1 (for you to remember), because now when you play, you have to skip on F and the .

That's not how the piano worked for me! I didn't press the keys like you suggest AT ALL! Keys started falling (one in inventory) before I finished the sequence. I think the "puzzle" must just be set to drop the key after a certain number of keys pressed.

SPOILER WARNING: The numbers next to the letters represent the order in which the keys must be played . But I must say I burst out laughing when I came across the "H"!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Apr 9, 13 10:24 AM
Mhhu wrote:But I must say I burst out laughing when I came across the "H"!
That's German notation. H is B natural and B is B flat. There's a piece which uses the H to pay tribute to B A C H.

Edited on 04/09/2013 at 10:27:42 AM PST

Mhhu
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,439 Posts

[Post New]by Mhhu on Apr 9, 13 2:36 PM
Thank you so much for the information on the "H" Mr_Russ. I had no idea and I can truly say I Iearned something today

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 17, 13 2:08 AM
I really enjoyed this game, I liked the graphics and sounds, Thx DEV's for all your hard work and time TH BF for this awesome game..The game is different that is why I will buy and it is fun..

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on May 8, 13 4:09 PM
I looked at the screenshots, read the reviews and was motivated to try the game myself. Sort of like wanting to see the movies that got no stars out of five - how bad is bad?

Well, I kinda liked the demo. I've played some really dull, lifeless (pardon the pun) demos lately and this one is just a little different. I also got a laugh from the idea of giving my screaming sister "appeasement pills" - what are they and where can I buy them?

My voiceover sounds a bit Canadian at times although I know this isn't a game from Canuckistan.

The game so far is awkward, uneven and almost embarrassing - maybe I'll keep playing just to see what adjectives we come up with next.

Go to: