bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Ghost: Elisa Cameron technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 9, 13 12:35 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Post any Ghost: Elisa Cameron technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 9, 13 1:17 AM
The developers have to adjust the screen to full screen (W7 - display 150 receives an Error access to 0, and I have to adjust it manually to display 125).

edit typo.

Edited on 04/09/2013 at 1:18:45 AM PST

[Post New]by drgncollector11 on Apr 9, 13 1:18 AM
I'm playing on a Windows 7 system. When you get to chapter 3 outside the building there is a hotdog cart, nothing is clickable, but when I use a hint it brings up a screen where I can put the 4 jigsaw pieces that I have collected, but there are no additional pieces, and when I leave that screen to presumably find more pieces, there aren't any other actions available for play except going back to the jigsaw with the missing pieces. Cannot go further in the game, stinks.....I was really wondering what was going to happen with the storyline.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 9, 13 1:45 AM
drgn, see my answer in "comments" - you do something wrong.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Apr 9, 13 2:13 AM
Hi Fishies,

Rebeca_Lily, you can find the Full Screen in the Options of the game. If you're getting an error message, I would suggest having a look at the following help articles which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game:
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen . If the issue persist though, you can contact our Tech Support Team for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page, one of our Reps will be happy to help you.

drgncollector11, I hope that the tips given by Rebeca_Lily, will help you pass that point, if not, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.If that's not helping, please let our Tech Support Team know what's going on and they can look into that a bit further for you.

Good luck.

bfgTokoro

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Apr 9, 13 2:34 AM
Crawling download, started at 0800hrs 51% at 10.35. I've literally done a weeks shopping in this time. Windows 7 used.
Remember a time when it was two minutes flat for a download, since B.F. have "improved" the site its got a darn site longer.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Apr 9, 13 3:43 AM
for me ,i just put my name at the beginning,and then.....run time error:microsoft has shut down the .....etc!!!it is the first time in the last 2 months that i was interested by a daily game!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 9, 13 5:43 AM
Hi Fishies,

0161 - with slow download issues, the first thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager to ensure it is working correctly.

Also, it is also worth noting that checking your service with your ISP can often help us resolve issues with downloads speeds as well, if only to eliminate that as a possible cause. They can let you know of the best times to download games as there will be periods where demand is lower and hence the service is faster.

edmee1947 - What a shame you are seeing that message! To help combat that, I would suggest assigning some more permissions to your game; to give it the best chance of running without that error. The following help article will guide you through doing that:

Run Game as Administrator

That being said, if the issue persists for either of you, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Apr 9, 13 8:37 AM
i have done all what is said in the run game as administrator and it is worst!now it does not begin at all!just the game manager stay here,and nothing happens,and when i try to click again:error another game is running(where?i wonder......)sorry,i uninstall it!i have a four months old computer and don't want to torture it so soon!

Edited on 04/09/2013 at 8:38:01 AM PST

shadowandzeke
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by shadowandzeke on Apr 9, 13 9:15 AM
Turned the sound and music down but the volume kept getting loud and the soft over and over again. Very annoying.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 9, 13 9:23 AM
Hey Fishies,

Just swimming in with a bit of advice!

shadowandzeke: That is definitely odd that the sound and music kept getting loud then soft over and over again. I would definitly check for any video card driver updates since that helps to moderate the volume of the game.

edmee1947: Thanks so much for trying out those steps, and since that error message is still showing up please contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Apr 10, 13 5:49 PM
Not at all happy with this game since I cannot play it on either my PC or laptop. Do not want to contact tech support I just want a refund.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 11, 13 9:32 AM
I'm so sorry to hear, Kayen59, that the game is not playing for you!

While troubleshooting can be frustrating at times, our Tech Support Team is really great and will do everything they can to help. They'll also be happy to help with other options for the game since we're limited here on the Forums.

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Keeping my fins crossed that this gets resolved quickly for you!

bfgIzara

Go to: