bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Ghost: Elisa Cameron

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 9, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Ghost: Elisa Cameron ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Ghost: Elisa Cameron page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Ghost: Elisa Cameron

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 9, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by heatherington on Apr 9, 13 3:09 AM
Okay, this game is completely unacceptable. What are we back in the dark ages of hidden object games, where is the adventure? One hog scene after the other, key won't work on the ONLY door in two rooms. The list names are a little small but the items in the rooms are clear and I did not need a magnifying glass to see them. The music is designed to keep you on the edge of your seat. I was prepared to like it, but when I only saw two rooms, no map, no way to move the way I like to move, no outdoor scenes or maybe there are but I don't have the patience for existing in an environment that I don't have complete freedom in. I want to be outside or at least for a game to only last a few minutes inside until I get outside. And when I am outside I get to move along the ground. There are no identifiers on your inventory list and they highlight hog scene items that you are going to end up with, what is the fun in that?

Edited on 04/09/2013 at 3:22:05 AM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 9, 13 3:43 AM
@ Heatherington. There are several scenes in at least two locations including outdoors and that is in the Demo.

This is a fairly simple, old fashioned Hidden Object adventure that may be good for beginners. I did feel as though I had gone back in time to about 2006 or earlier. There are some Hints whether you want them or not. The story is interesting and the music sets the mood but I found this just too "old" to buy. I felt like this game has been lost for several years, was just found on someone's old HD and brushed off for a try at selling it. If it were updated it might sell better. It's a No Buy for me.

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Apr 9, 13 3:45 AM
well all i can say about this game is dire it took me for ever to download i have played 20mins and have done nothing except hidden scenes now i like this type of games but sorry enough is enough how i yearn for the quality games big fish used to do

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Apr 9, 13 3:53 AM
Oh my.....started out promising, almost like a large file game but went downhill fast. Too many HOGs and hand holding. Inventory items have no description. Very simple game, almost old fashioned.
Lost interest after 10 minutes. Sorry, definitely a no buy for me

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 9, 13 3:55 AM
Tishy, if so - I dare you to buy the TGT on Thursday - it's just a game for you (pulling hair a lot )!

I like this game, and enjoy the plot and the high number of HOG scenes. True, it's a HOG game, but has a lot of puzzles and Adventure moves.

Bribling, it's the "more hard HOG", and not passing from page to page (like Travelouque in Paris).

lizmcduff
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by lizmcduff on Apr 9, 13 3:59 AM
It only took me 10 minutes of playing before..........DELETED!!

for all of the reasons above!

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Apr 9, 13 4:17 AM
Gameplay: Dated
Navigation: Kludgy
Story so far: Slow pace makes it boring
HOs: too many. Highlighted items aren't interactive, they're what you need to continue with the game.

I think this, like many games based on other media, probably works better as the original graphic novel. I might check that out, but the game barely rates as a DDD (desperation daily deal--end of month need to finish a punch card--if that).

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Apr 9, 13 4:38 AM

Edited on 04/10/2013 at 2:07:32 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Apr 9, 13 4:40 AM
it looks like a NO b uy for us....................doug & lisa

anabel1566
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by anabel1566 on Apr 9, 13 4:50 AM
Epic fail!!! Would download this game if it was for FREE.

anabel1566
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by anabel1566 on Apr 9, 13 4:53 AM
Sorry, I meant "wouldn't" as in never ever would I download this game.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Apr 9, 13 6:38 AM
i thought the game was different and i liked the game this will be a buy for me..

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Apr 9, 13 6:53 AM
A very, very basic HO game, with a very few puzzles thrown in. Probably a good game for a beginning player, as the objects are all extremely easy to find and there are sparkles to tell you where to investigate. I might have gotten this game 4 or 5 years ago, but not now. But, if you've never played a HOG before this would be a basic "starter" game. A no buy for me.

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Apr 9, 13 7:23 AM

Edited on 04/10/2013 at 2:13:34 AM PST

abitmore
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by abitmore on Apr 9, 13 7:31 AM
Hello, Fishies! I guess I'm the odd one out... This game's not out to blaze any new frontiers or anything, and yes, it is hog-heavy which is normally not my cup of tea, although I like one every now and then and this is one of those times. The graphics are very clear and objects easy to find. Haven't yet run into an item hidden in a dark corner that is impossible to see. (Why do they do that?!?)

One thing I've noticed... Being a fan of adventure games, I expect a lot of back and forth but in this game there seems to be a lot less of that and they've kept it fairly simple on getting around. I haven't yet become lost.

I didn't find anything truly bad about this game. The voice is pleasant, the music unobtrusive, the gameplay is very smooth and the story is at least interesting enough to get me to go on to the next task. Most of all, I'm glad to get out of the country, off the island, back to Earth, whatever, and get to the bright lights of the city and this century! I think this game would have done much better though, with fewer hidden object scenes and more "adventure." After that, I think most prefer maybe interactive hidden object scenes, a jump map and maybe a collectible. If this game has any of those I haven't yet run into them.

On days that my pain level goes up, I find it much, much harder to concentrate on anything and that I have no patience. If I try to play a regular HOPA on those days, I find myself skipping minigames and sometimes just following a walkthrough/SG while wondering if I'm anywhere near The End. That's a waste of my time and money as I normally enjoy those. Be that as it may, I think this game is just what the doc ordered for today so have just purchased it.

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Apr 9, 13 7:34 AM
Short, Silly and zzzzzzzzzzzzz

I went ahead after the demo and used a coupon..I knew better. But i was hungry for a new game. Shame on me.
This is an older game..some of the mobile phones are the old brick kind to give you an example, The hand holding was tiresome.
Well drawn, clear graphics..even in the green foggy areas which were appropriate. There is an xray HOG that gave me the willies.
Unfortunately, its all too short. maybe an hour after the demo..and that was including taking the dog out, getting coffee etc. You get the idea.
If this is a first wack at gaming for this group..nice start but take a gander at the CE's we've been getting to see where the drift is..interactive, multi-level, etc.
anyway, made for a nice start to a rainy morning....zzzzzzzzzzzz
kris

mrssharon
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

Naw, Don't Think So

[Post New]by mrssharon on Apr 9, 13 8:22 AM
Based on the reviews, I will not bother to even try the demo. I took a look at the screen shots and can see the graphics are of the old style. There is no real sense of be immersed in the game from the looks of that.

Not going to waste my time. Thanks, fishies who reviewed. Good job.

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Apr 9, 13 8:25 AM
Well, I'm always willing to give a game the benefit of the doubt (even though the reviewers I trust, didn't seem to rate this one too much ) so I went ahead & waited patiently for it to finish downloading.......I live in France so my download speed is somewhere between slow & painfully slow ....I digress...

I found the game to be very simplistic & linear, with way too much hand holding & a firework display of sparkles with no way to turn them off as there was only one mode of play. Then when I was asked to find a "horsie".... that was the final straw.

Sorry, but this offering didn't tempt me in any way (even though I'm a lover of H.O. games! )

Go to: