MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

WOW, ONLY 2 STARS!?!

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 9, 13 4:32 PM

I like to read the reviews on the "sell" page and I have to admit that I am stunned that this game after almost a COMPLETE DAY only has 2 stars attached to it with 23 reviewers. This gives me the impression that this game isn't even worth downloading and trial testing it, let alone purchasing.

MEnr56

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

Re:WOW, ONLY 2 STARS!?!

[Post New]by jkuci on Apr 9, 13 7:48 PM

Its got a great plot idea but it's graphics and gameplay are executed in such a way that it seems very last year - or maybe even older than that.

I think it would have been a big hit 3, maybe 4, years ago...

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Apr 10, 13 9:13 AM
Well I was one of the people who rated this on the main page.

I came in after the 23 reviews. I've played the whole game. If it wouldn't of been for the game play moving back/forth I would of given it but I couldn't overlook that. As for the graphics I had no problem with those. This game started out pretty good but went down the hill and pretty quick in my opinion.

WOW, ONLY 2 STARS!?!

[Post New]by l8nytsimmer on Apr 15, 13 11:45 PM
MEnr56 wrote:

I like to read the reviews on the "sell" page and I have to admit that I am stunned that this game after almost a COMPLETE DAY only has 2 stars attached to it with 23 reviewers. This gives me the impression that this game isn't even worth downloading and trial testing it, let alone purchasing.

MEnr56

I make it a rule to NEVER go by what other players have to say about a game. We all have different tastes, and a game that one person hates, you might thoroughly enjoy. So, I read the reviews, take note of what others have said about a game, then play the Demo. I'll know, within the space of fifteen minutes, or so, if I want to continue playing. I'm downloading the demo for this one as i write this, and will come back later and post my own review - for those who are interested. The info for this one sounds pretty good, but, even so, when I begin playing, i may find that I don't like it at all.

My advice to you is to make a mental note of what other players have said about a game, then PLAY THE DEMO, and decide for YOURSELF.

[Post New]by l8nytsimmer on Apr 16, 13 12:27 AM
sportygal2009 wrote:Well I was one of the people who rated this on the main page.

I came in after the 23 reviews. I've played the whole game. If it wouldn't of been for the game play moving back/forth I would of given it but I couldn't overlook that. As for the graphics I had no problem with those. This game started out pretty good but went down the hill and pretty quick in my opinion.

You probably haven't noticed, Sportygal2009, that ALL HOGs employ the back and forth, and around in circles action to move their games along . They always have you repeatedly, revisiting scenes, again and again, as the story unfolds. If they didn't, and tried to create a fresh, new scene for each and every step of the game, you'd end up with a game that was ridiculously long and tedious . Even Hardcore games such as "Resident Evil", "Metal Gear" , "Battlerfield", and "Final Fantasy" employ this same back and forth, and revisit previous scenes routine, and no doubt it's for the same reason. Some Hardcore games use up four or five DVDs , that gamers have to play through to finish the game. These Hardcore games can take WEEKS and even MONTHS to complete , Unless a person happens to be a super gaming wizard and can beat the game in a day or two ! My youngest daughter's husband, used to be THAT kind of player, and could beat a game, without the aid of a Walkthrough, Prima Game Guide, or looking to forums and online friends for help over the rough spots . He can also build his own computer from the motherboards on up.

All the same, ALL HOGs, Casual, Hardcore, and MMOGs employ this same back and forth technique to lay out their stories. I seriously doubt if ANYONE would care to play a story-driven game if the developers tried to give us a new scene every step of the way. It would take us WEEKS to get through the thing, AND, it would probably cost a small fortune ! Who needs that? I have enough trouble just paying out the $15.99 - $19.99 for Collector's Editions. I'm disabled and live on a fixed income. I'm also thankful for Big Fish, ****, ****, Jenkat, and other gaming sites who make these casual games available for $5.99 - $6.99. So, the next time you play, take note of the action. You quickly find that ALL Casual Games employ the back and forth technique. That's no reason to give them such poor ratings!

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Apr 17, 13 1:39 PM
Well not that I need to explain myself but I'll be happy to but the one and only time I will. I guess I wasn't clear on what I meant by back/forth. A very long delay in doing so plus I had other reasons I didn't much care for this game but this was the main one

I don't need any lessons from you or anyone else on how to play these type of games. I've played MANY of them. The majority of the games I've played on here are just fine. No problem in going back/forth without a long delay in doing so.

Now as for my reasons to give a game a 2 star or any other rating. You or NO ONE else will tell me what my gaming experience should be with a game. It's MY review/opinion and MY time playing the game which was the whole game unlike most here so it's not like I just rushed off to give it a bad rating. I started out liking it. Then it went downhill and thought it would get better but it didn't. I'll give any rating I so chose and those who don't like it? Well that's too bad. Like those unhelpful votes are going to stop me from posting my reviews of games on the main page = LOL!

Edited on 04/17/2013 at 1:39:54 PM PST

Go to: