bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

***PC*** Post any Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 10, 13 1:24 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to Big Fish Games Help. Using Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Technical Support Team HERE.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

You can also view our previous PC technical issues thread for Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play here.

Edited on 03/11/2017 at 2:13:57 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:***PC*** Post any Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 10, 13 1:25 PM
Hi Fishies,

This new technical issues thread was created to better track problems with the game after the latest PC version update which included fixes to some performance issues, including lag that some users were reporting, and minor bug fixes. You can view more information about that update to the game here.

Happy gaming,

bfgSeine

Re:***PC*** Post any Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by debbi801 on Apr 10, 13 6:19 PM
Hi. I am having horrible lag issues since the new update. It is barely playable, due to slowness. Plus, some times, the white background when clicking a quest or a location.

Thanks for looking into this!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 11, 13 6:44 AM
Hi debbi801,

Welcome to the Pond!

Great news, the update that came out yesterday, April 10, addressed those lags and performance issue that cam about after the initial update on April 8.

All you need to do is uninstall and reinstall the game again and you should have a much smoother experience once you have that most recent version.

I hope this helps but if you need someone to take a look at this with you, feel free to pop an message through to Customer Support and they will be glad to help you out!

Hoping this info is helpful!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 04/11/2013 at 6:45:50 AM PST

bt1151
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by bt1151 on Apr 13, 13 9:41 PM
SInce the new update, there have been at least 2 instances when completed quests have not been registered:

1. I clicked my last skull yesterday to complete the quest to gather 50 skulls but the last one did not register so I completed it only today.

2. I just received the quest to get handcuffs from the lighthouse. I got them but the quest stayed open. However, the handcuffs did go into my inventory because I used them on the quest to banish the prisoner.

Other than that, things are working well.

RGC123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by RGC123 on Apr 15, 13 8:58 AM
Still no fix on the in game bank purchases. Spent last week with tech support getting credited for my purchases because once the purchase was made, the game said purchase failed. It seems that this should have been addressed for those of us running Win 7 with ESET security. Tried again this morning and both the gold and diamonds were paid for in my BFG acct but the game again said purchased failed....frustrating to say the least. I've had to stop the game now every time I run out of time to build more up and have no access to diamonds. At this rate it will take me at least 3 days to be flush enough to enjoy the game.....disappointing and want this fixed.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 15, 13 4:45 PM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to see there are still some issues coming up with this game.

bt1151 ~ If you haven't already done so, please let our Tech Support Team know about those quests not being registered. It may be that there are some adjustments that can be made to how the game is running on yours system that will help make sure all of that progress is properly saved.

RGC123 ~ Continuing to work with our Support Team is also the best thing in your case as well. Along with helping with making sure you get credit for all of your purchases, they'll be able to collect more information about the particular problem you're experiencing that will help us pinpoint what's going on so we can get it addressed.

You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

bt1151
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by bt1151 on Apr 18, 13 2:16 AM
Sorry - It turns out that there was only 1 glitch - the skull quest.
I just realized that what I thought was an issue with the handcuffs was instead, an issue with my own perception. I think I mixed up "handcuffs" and "shackles".
My bad!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 18, 13 3:00 AM
Thanks for stopping by to update us on that bt1151 - that's good to hear and if you ever need any help with your games, please drop a line to Tech Support, they are always happy to help!

Swim strong!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by jazchi on Apr 19, 13 6:19 AM
My name is China [Removed by Moderator]...my email is [Removed by Moderator]. I tried to purchase diamonds to play "found" a hidden object game. The first time I attempted it, It said the transaction failed and I never received the diamonds. However, I was charged for them. Because I the transaction failed, I then downloaded the update and had no issuses with futher attempts. However,I still have been charged for diamonds I never received and would appreciate them being credited to my account as quickly as possible or the money refunded back to my card

Thank You,
China [Removed by Moderator]
Friday, April 19, 2013 12:20 AM
Message starred
from Big Fish to
Your Big Fish order confirmation
Show Details
From
Big Fish

To
china [Removed by Moderator]
This message contains blocked images.
Show Images
Options
Thank you for choosing Big Fish!

Here are the details of your recent purchase. Please keep this

receipt for your records.

=================================================================

Order Info

=================================================================

Order Number: [Removed by Moderator]

Order Placed On: 04/18/13 09:17:57 PM

DESCRIPTION QUANTITY PRICE SUBTOTAL

- Found: A Hidden Object Adventure - Free to Play 280 + 20 Diamonds

1 $ 19.99 $ 19.99

Subtotal: $ 19.99

Tax: $ 1.60

Total: $ 21.59 US

Edited on 04/22/2013 at 4:20:17 PM PST

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Apr 19, 13 10:44 AM
Hey jazchi.

This is a public site so you should remove your email address and other personal information from your post.

There is a green envelope on the right of the screen, "We're Here to Help!" which you can use to contact customer services. I'm sure they will be able to sort everything out for you.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 22, 13 4:23 PM
Hi jazchi,

As Rumbitothecore said, our Billing Support Team can definitely get everything straightened out for you. Please send them a message through the Contact Us page, including all the information about your account and that charge.

I've also gone ahead and removed the personal details that were included in your post. You're welcome to re-edit to delete the notes about my changes, but it is definitely best to avoid sharing any identifying information here on the Forums.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

astral27
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by astral27 on Apr 24, 13 2:03 PM
I have the latest updates to this - totally addicted, by the way - but when I did my "enter the tent" quest, it did not register that I had completed it & the icon says "gif not found" with a "moon & stars" circle on it.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 24, 13 2:53 PM
Hi astral27,

Thanks for letting us know about that issue. It sounds like a file may not have loaded correctly with that error, so uninstalling and reinstalling the game may correct that. You can see more information about doing that on our help article here:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that's not helping, our Tech Support Team will be happy to look into that further for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Fool666
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by Fool666 on Apr 25, 13 6:03 PM
Using the female vampire as Avatar, I noticed that applying an amulet that is supposed to speed up energy renewal actually makes it take longer. What's up, Doc?

Thanks

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 26, 13 5:43 AM
Welcome to the Pond Fool666!

What is up indeed?

When items fail to apply correctly, the first thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall the game as this will ensure that all the game files are installed and running correctly.

The good news is that uninstalling the game, will not cause you to lose your place - the save data is saved in a different location so once the game is reinstalled, you can pick up right where you left off!

If the error persists after doing so though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by cherdoll8 on Apr 27, 13 12:51 PM
HELP!!!!
I just went to play my game and it said my profile has been corrupted and the game will start all over!!!
I am finished all the quests and was playing for the sake of the collections
Is there ANY way I can get back my profile, status, and levels??????

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 27, 13 3:46 PM
Oh no, cherdoll8, not the profile corrupted message!

While I'm not sure if there's any way to get back your progress, please do make sure that one of our Reps from Tech Support gets the chance to take a closer look. They'll have some specific steps to try, some of which will make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by DragonAscending on Apr 29, 13 1:23 PM
I just got through talking to someone on the chat forum and got no help whatsoever. I have uninstalled this game, reinstalled it AFTER the April 10th update and I am still getting areas which will not register that I did in fact find all of the objects in the scene. I was told by the BF guy I should just avoid playing the game altogether as no one else was having this issue, so it must be just my computer. I understand this is a "free" game, but I have been purchasing extra diamonds to even get up to the next level, due to areas not registering my having completed them successfully. I have also written a report in, but have yet to get a reply back.

Is this, as was suggested, a part of the game's mechanics, to get people to spend extra money on it? Or, is this a technical issue with the game? I have to say, in almost five years of being a game club member, this is the first time I've had such a poor response, and so much frustration with one of the games on the site. Is there a fix or should I just avoid this game altogether? I really like it and I don't mind spending some extra cash on it each month, but not if it's going to take forever for my points to build back up to where I can even play again.

Thanks for any help, I'd certainly love to know what the fix to this is.

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on May 2, 13 6:18 AM
Just got the corrupted profile message again. This time I was on level 65 or so. The game was acting really jerky and wierd last night as I was playing and then this morning it told me I had to start over. I don't think CS is open yet but I'll talk to them later. And yes I updated in April so I had the new quests and the Ice Palace.

Go to: