bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 11, 13 12:29 AM
After vanquishing her evil twin, Pandora, Empress Anna must find her lost tribe. In a fever dream she learns they are threatened by a cursed colossus on a distant and mysterious temple city, adrift on the waves below. Helped by the ghost of Jacob and an ancient phoenix she escapes the burning palace in the clouds and finds the beautiful floating city, constructed by her lost people. But where have they gone? Only a sinister two-headed wizard and his cats remain. Can she trust him? Will he help her find the lost tribe before the colossus fully awakens? Find out in Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix!

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes the following:

* Summon the Blue Whale to unlock bonus levels
* Enter the chamber of Zem II, a deluxe Match-3 game
* Win Zem trophies to unlock concept art
* Integrated strategy guide

Edited on 04/11/2013 at 12:51:20 AM PST

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

Re:Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix Collector's Edition

[Post New]by arthurC on Apr 11, 13 1:12 AM
Empress of the Deep 1, is one of the very few games of this genre that I play over and over and over again. There's just something so extra special about it.

Empress of the Deep 2 was disappointing .. it tried to get too clever and in doing so, somehow lost that unique timeless quality of the original, so I'm hoping the devs have resisted the temptation to mess about with a winning formula by introducing all the fancy bells and whistles used by their competitors, and that number 3 is as good as the first one.

But Oh .. it's taking so loooong to download!
Jo

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Apr 11, 13 1:28 AM
arthurC wrote:Empress of the Deep 1, is one of the very few games of this genre that I play over and over and over again. There's just something so extra special about it.

Empress of the Deep 2 was disappointing .. it tried to get too clever and in doing so, somehow lost that unique timeless quality of the original, so I'm hoping the devs have resisted the temptation to mess about with a winning formula by introducing all the fancy bells and whistles used by their competitors, and that number 3 is as good as the first one.

But Oh .. it's taking so loooong to download!
Jo

i agree with you Jo enjoyed the first but lost interest in the second, hope this one is akin to the first download is verrrrry verrrrrry slow for me too, over an hour and stuck on 8% soooooooo frustrating grrrr

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 11, 13 1:46 AM
LOL That just goes to show the difference in taste... this one and the first one, mind numbingly dull, the second one okay - in my book. Too much "cutesy fantasy" for me... I'll pass, but, that's just me.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Apr 11, 13 1:57 AM
ha ha ok shadowfax44, i really cant wait to try it now, unfortunately think the day will be over before it downloads and i get the chance !!!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 11, 13 2:00 AM
Eek! Crispy... I am crossing my fingers that your download is smooth. It's a gorgeous game, that it it is! If you liked the first one, you will love this one as well.

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Apr 11, 13 2:09 AM
Please please get the download sorted out Big Fish because it has gone on for far too long now. I have tried everything that has been suggested to me but 7 hours to download a demo isn't really acceptable,

I have downloaded games from other places and they have been installed and working in two minutes so I don't think it's my connection or computer. Bored now.

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 11, 13 2:14 AM
7 hours download for the demo Tilly? I agree, that is unacceptable.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Apr 11, 13 2:24 AM
the worst of the 3 games!for me it is finished!i have finished the main game in 2hours and a half!and the bonus is just to open doors to be able to play a board game!not worth the CE price,and graphics are grainy on wide screen!the last one for me!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 11, 13 2:40 AM
edmee1947 wrote:the worst of the 3 games!for me it is finished!i have finished the main game in 2hours and a half!and the bonus is just to open doors to be able to play a board game!not worth the CE price,and graphics are grainy on wide screen!the last one for me!

Hm seems to be a timing problem here.
Your post logged at 2:24 am which does not give you 2 1/2 hours of game play ..... much less allowing for supersonicspeed DL.
Did you initially trial this from the dev's site? I have noted on a number of occasions that my previous "trial" from these devs was picked up when I DL'd the game from BFG.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Apr 11, 13 2:47 AM
DragonLadyOz wrote:
edmee1947 wrote:the worst of the 3 games!for me it is finished!i have finished the main game in 2hours and a half!and the bonus is just to open doors to be able to play a board game!not worth the CE price,and graphics are grainy on wide screen!the last one for me!

Your post logged at 2:24 am which does not give you 2 1/2 hours of game play ..... much less allowing for supersonicspeed DL.
Did you initially trial this from the dev's site? I have noted on a number of occasions that my previous "trial" from these devs was picked up when I DL'd the game from BFG.

edmee1947, thanks very much for the heads up regarding the time of the game. And, BTW, don't worry about explaining yourself to anyone policing your comments.

Edited on 04/11/2013 at 2:59:19 AM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 11, 13 2:57 AM
cbtx wrote:
DragonLadyOz wrote:

Why does this need to be explained at all?

i often play and buy from the devs if they dont release same day on bfg...so glad i got a bad file when i tried to dl this...the devs still charge 19 for ce,s would of been pretty upset ..thanks edmee,, length is one of my main critera for a ce

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Apr 11, 13 3:03 AM
Thanks for the info Edmee! You got a lot further than I did... my eyes started crossing.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Apr 11, 13 3:37 AM
I disagree to the fact that the second of the series "the blue whale", was disapponting, I truly think that it was a great game, one of the best games I have played since my membership to BFG, ok I am a fan of this genre, true, but I am sure this third one won't be disappointing as well! I will try it and post my review in the forum, talk you later! Happy gaming!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 11, 13 3:43 AM
Sorry, the packing is beautiful (colors, enchanted screens, graphics), but the inside is very frustrating:

1) Map: there is a map, but it's not transportable. If you want a transporter to important areas, you have to find some object that "buy" it - but the transporters are placed in certain places to which you have to "walk". Full transport is available only later.
So, "where to go" is blocked. Prepare the sneakers.

2) Hints: The style is "Elephant'-ish: you get a text hint, giving you the next task you have to do - with no help at all.

If, for instance you are in area A and want direction how to move to area B, - as there is not map to transport you, and no arrows - when you pass more than 3 areas, you easily forget where is that "d$#@%n" area you have been a minute before. The hint continues to saying the same words, like a parrot, and my blood pressure climbs to 250... .

3) You have to rely totally on the SG. And it will be very frequently, unless you lurk around.

4) Objects are mini to super-mini, the resolution is lessened, and you have to use the hints frequently.

As I am intermediate player, I want to warn players of my rate, to be prepared to pass some big "torture training"!

I am quite spoiled, and want to enjoy the game, not to pull my hair...

Happy gaming!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Apr 11, 13 4:02 AM
Well to me I am quite enjoying the game and always play on expert mode. I like to look around and hardly used the strategy guide unless I am totally stuck. I am on my way to finding the first relic. In the 3 H0G's I played I didn't need a hint. The way I've been doing it is by using the map and where the sparkles are on the map I go there and see what needs to be done. I have been playing since 2:15 and it's now 6:00 here. Its fun to just look around and see the different things.

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Re:Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix Collector's Edition D/Load

[Post New]by Janeypat on Apr 11, 13 4:54 AM
I give up I really give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yet another game that will not download wizzed along to 59% then just froze - has just started to load again at snails pace.
Far too many games just recently have had this problem and IT IS NOT MY PC OR CONNECTION
Think I'll find another games company
End of rant

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Apr 11, 13 4:59 AM
Rebeca_Lily wrote:
If, for instance you are in area A and want direction how to move to area B, - as there is not map to transport you, and no arrows - when you pass more than 3 areas, you easily forget where is that "d$#@%n" area you have been a minute before. The hint continues to saying the same words, like a parrot, and my blood pressure climbs to 250... .

LOL!!! I'm laughing so hard I'm crying

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix Collector's Edition D/Load

[Post New]by dueler on Apr 11, 13 5:03 AM
Janeypat wrote:I give up I really give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yet another game that will not download wizzed along to 59% then just froze - has just started to load again at snails pace.
Far too many games just recently have had this problem and IT IS NOT MY PC OR CONNECTION
Think I'll find another games company
End of rant

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by rosiekb on Apr 11, 13 5:23 AM
I have been downloading this since 8am, it is now 1.23pm and I'm only 50% downloaded. Whats going on?

Go to: