bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 11, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Apr 11, 13 3:20 AM
This game worked ok for a few minutes and then froze. I had to press Wndows button to get out and close it. Came up with error in box saying 'get thread failed'.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Empress of the Deep 3: Legacy of the Phoenix CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 11, 13 5:25 AM
Hi lindaa1,

It sounds like your computer and game are not communicating as they should with one another.

The following help article has some general troubleshooting steps that have helped others to resolve similar issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't help or you would like some more assistance with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Apr 11, 13 7:11 AM
7 HOURS to download and its not even there yet !!!! REALLY??????

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 11, 13 9:22 AM
Hey crispypot,

Thanks for letting us know about that long download time. I know that can definitely get frustrating!

If you haven't already, I would recommend taking a look at the following help article. There are some great tips and tricks that may help speed that process up:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If the game is still taking forever to download fully one of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly and take a closer look at what may be causing those issues. Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Apr 11, 13 3:41 PM
download not my problem all ok with pc and internet all this has happened since you changed
i am really tired of 60/90 mins download for games including ones that i want to play from my history
please do not get me to check anyting else on my system - ckeck yours - please
BFG I think you might be putting people off - so many messages of download probs
Think I might go back to my previous game site - games not so good but d/load a million times better
sorry you have been good but you are not listening to your customers

[Post New]by magicalmoonlight on Apr 12, 13 12:03 AM
tried to load eotd thursday took 8hrs then black screen downloaded again friday 8mins great oh no black screen again give up

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 12, 13 2:03 AM
Hi Fishies!

Janeypat - I totally understand how annoying slow downloads can be and so that we can look into this with you, I would recommend running a Dr. Felix report and then sending that over to our Tech Support Team.

Those folks can troubleshoot and investigate matter much more fully that we can on the Forums and they will be happy to take a look at this with you.

Similarly, magicalmoonlight, I would suggest the same for you if you have been experiencing unusually slow downloads.

Also, for that black screen issue you mentioned, you could try to update some of the elements that run this game as the computer having trouble loading a game is the main reason for a black screen appearing in place of the game.

The help here will help you with that but just to mention that Tech Support will also be happy to investigate this with you if you prefer.

I hope this helps a bit!

bfgBaikal

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Apr 12, 13 3:18 AM
I gave up downloading this yesterday after about 5 hours. I tried again this morning and it downloaded just fine!
And everything was going swimmingly, until about 10 minutes in, and then it suddenly gave out a sort of 'doinnng!' noise, and promptly froze. Also got the 'get thread failed' error.

These sort of technical glitches are happening more and more with BF games lately, and if I wasn't so keen to play this game, I'd probably just sigh, and bin it like so many others I've binned lately. But I am keen to play it so I suppose I'll just have to go through all the tedious 'technical' motions again.

I sometimes wonder if the technology used in the new games is just too much for the bog-standard computers most of us use. Perhaps there should be notice at the top of the Big Fish web page saying something like: " Please be warned .. most of our games will only play on brand new state-of-the-art computers loaded with zillions of MB's, and operated only by those with a masters degree in Computer Science" !!

JO

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 12, 13 10:10 AM
Thanks for letting us know about those downloading troubles, arthurC. Sorry to hear that's happening and I certainly understand your sentiments about all of those system requirements!

If you'd like I would definitely check out thise help article for some great tips on helping fix download issues.

Please also get in touch with Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

jlewis228
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by jlewis228 on Apr 13, 13 6:51 AM
I bought this today because of the buy 1 CE get 1 CE for $1.99 sale and I like the series. Have tried multiple times to download but nothing happens. Switched the game manager to Alternate still nothing.

Very disappointed.....

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 13, 13 11:55 AM
Hey there jlewis228,

Thanks for trying out those steps and I'm sorry to hear that the game still isn't downloading. If clicking the Install button, then double clicking the first downloaded file (called the game stub) doesn't get the download starting, please take a look at the following help article for some helpful suggestions on getting that to work!

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Please also be sure to contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Apr 13, 13 3:39 PM
another game that tkes forever to download and not worth it when you get there
i have'nt played a decent game in weeks due to download problems and your stock answer is "try our tech dept"
big fish have you tried your tech dept to see if you have probs - you are not taking notice of us - your customers!

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Apr 14, 13 12:19 AM
Gold & Lapis Puzzle not too far into game.
Have finished it, now screen has frozen.
Cursor still moves but it's basically invisible, and nothing is clickable.
=^,,^=

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 14, 13 2:27 AM
Heya Fishies,

Janeypat - It definitely is frustrating when your games don't want to download properly . While we are investigating these issues to find a solution, we can't investigate these issues via the Forums as we do not have to tools available to do so. To find a solution it is essential that we receive your Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report via our Tech Support as they will be able to have a closer look at everything and can so check what is causing these problems.

katbear50 - It sounds like your computer is having some problems to process the game properly. Sometimes this can be caused by some of the drivers and software being a bit out of date. You can find some easy steps on how to get everything up-to-date by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

redw00d
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by redw00d on Apr 14, 13 4:15 AM
katbear50 wrote:Gold & Lapis Puzzle not too far into game.
=^,,^=

I got the same exact symptom. Couldn't even click the menu button or the skip button. It's not a driver issue.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by katbear50 on Apr 14, 13 10:02 AM
redw00d wrote:
katbear50 wrote:Gold & Lapis Puzzle not too far into game.
=^,,^=

I got the same exact symptom. Couldn't even click the menu button or the skip button. It's not a driver issue.

redw00d & bfgBiwa,
I finally had to Alt/Tab and Close Window to shut the Game down.
Went back in after a few, and was able to continue playing.
Know I have more than enough PC to handle Game,
will look into updating, and do a deeper cleaning.
=^,,^=

sue2610
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by sue2610 on Apr 14, 13 10:37 AM
game downloaded ok but i got a far as the silverback games page and i got the error access violation code, BGF always say check this is updated and that the latest drivers are installed,contact our tech dept , if anything was wrong with my pc it would happen on all games, not just a few, tho i have to say i havent played a game for ages without any problems, these games are obviously not tested fully before being put out for us on the site, its getting really annoying now. my gaming pleasure is seriously being affected, BFG please sort it out!

Edited on 04/14/2013 at 10:38:27 AM PST

[Post New]by leserin on Apr 14, 13 12:23 PM
access violation problem
I started the trial version got the access violation message
did the tips from Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen and
Access Violation from your help pages
tried again

1. got the access violation with the silverback logo
2. clicked the silverback logo away the next video was fine named myself chose casual got the next video and again access violation problem
3.clicked the silverback logo away the video was fine clicked on start and it froze before the Sky Palace title animation was finished

Please fix this

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Apr 15, 13 12:47 AM
Ok I just played through the game (like it but not much CE wise) and noticed some glitches in the journal

some of the pages were out f order

in the bonus section two of the pages (one on either side) were blank...no picture no nothing

One of the pages that Anna enters after you find a piece of paper changes the writing on the paper from one clue to another...very annoying

The sparkles didn't always show up or showed the wrong location

other than that it was fun

(does this mean this is the final installment for this game?...or will there be a chance to rescue Jacob and Pandora and restore them to what they once were?)

Edited on 04/15/2013 at 12:53:51 AM PST

Go to: