EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

EOTD from Silverback back to say hello.

[Post New]by EOTD on Apr 11, 13 6:44 AM
Hi All!
As always I am thrilled to join the forums to see what people are chatting about. Empress of the Deep 3 is our most ambitious project and, so far has looks like it will prove to be our biggest launch. I'll check back often to join the conversations.

Cheers

Willie

Silverback

Edited on 04/11/2013 at 5:02:39 PM PST

kathey12
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

Re:EOTD from Silverback back to say hello.

[Post New]by kathey12 on Apr 11, 13 7:11 AM
Good morning Willie!

I wanted to ask you to please pass on my sincerest appreciation to all that made this game and saga continue!
This is one of only a few games that I truly obtain pleasure from playing multiple times. I have played EOTD II many times over.
I enjoy EVERYTHING about this game, storyline, music, artistry, graphics, Myst-like locations, exploration capability, puzzles, characters/animals, Zen game, etc.
The artistry and imagination are to be commended. The gates, the sillouettes, the shading from the miniscule bolts, to the grand statues abound. The sound effects were phenomenal and appeasing that accompanied different locations, and actions, especially the water sound effects. I also couldn't get over the emotions that this game evokes. I was actually already leary of Jacob, and thought, "OK, do I pick the left or the right of the keymaster"...grin, but the dilema never unfolded.
The cutscenes were great and added a lot to the game in my humble opinion.
Again, many, many thanks for the sequel! I cannot wait until the next release!
Also, thank you for smooth non-stop gameplaying, as this was GLITCH FREE, at least for me.
Have a wonderful day!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 11, 13 7:17 AM
Oh, my dear EOTD - I wanted so much to buy your game, and couldn't...

I love fairy tales, and I sensed that you worked very hard to accomplish very high task - I appreciate that.

But you have to remember, that not all players are experts. I give "blood, sweat and tears" to overcome the puzzles or the confusion I am put into - and you gave me so complexed game, taking away all the tools I needed (transport, hints, larger objects).

I hope that you read my comments, whose conclusion is - "complexed simplisity" - do the game simple enough to make the player to enjoy, and make the puzzles hard enough. This was the strategy of MCF games, and they rocked...

Don't worry, I will wait for your next game!

[Post New]by JirafaVanidosa on Apr 11, 13 8:13 AM
Hello Silverback team ,

I just want to say how much I love the first and second games in EOTD series-and now I know that I love this new one too.
I replay the first two games very often and every time it`s a very fresh impression to me. I love your fantastic and breathtaking graphics, this wonderful and very special atmosphere in your games!
It`s a very joyful surprise for me that you have created the third game in one of my all time favorite series!

Thank you, thank you very, very much for your beautiful, unique and fantastic games that give me many hours of pleasure and enjoyment!

tictacsix
Herring
Herring
304 Posts

[Post New]by tictacsix on Apr 11, 13 9:34 AM
Absolutely LOVED the game. The best of the series. Rare that I replay a game so soon after finishing, but am halfway through round two.

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Apr 11, 13 1:15 PM
You should find an alternative to the bright white flashes of light.. some people are very sensitive.. they are making me sick to my stomach..

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Apr 11, 13 1:17 PM
Welcome back Willie ,

I just finished playing the demo, and really ENJOYED playing it, I am a huge fan of EOTD series, the first one was my absolute favorite.
What I really like are the visuals, couldn't get a real feel during the demo, if they are going to be as good as the previous games, the ones I did get to see weren't as bright or clear, can't put my finger on it, but it was just more flat looking maybe?

As far as the game play goes, LOVE IT, because it is different, and I like the different objects you get to collect, in these games.
Also they have a magical quality, that I just love, which always attracts me to this type of game.

I am not a fan of the M3 game, even though I am a M3 lover, this is not the type I enjoy playing.
So as much as I love the game, I will be waiting for the SE to come out, plus I read some post about it being short.
I was just very disappointed by another CE that I purchased, that was also short, so not going down that road again, especially when funds are tight right now.
Having said that, I do appreciate all of the hard work that goes into making these games, so THANK YOU for that, I just wish I could of been able to get a better feel of what is to come, during my demo time.
For those of you that enjoy the M3 extra's, I am happy for you, its just not my thing.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 11, 13 1:30 PM
Welcome Back Willie

However I am disappointed to see from other posts in this forum that you have obviously ignored previous comments about putting flashes of white light into your games and have put them into this game too. I couldn't complete EOTD II because there were just too many of them and I have no intention of repeating the experience.

Sorry no sale.

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Apr 11, 13 2:51 PM
Hi EOTD/Silverback: I loved EOTD I and II, played them as SE and had a ton of walking around to do since I didn't have the strategy guide. That said, I thought it was safe to buy EOTD III as CE so I'd have the strategy guide. Boy, did I waste my money!
1) The map is NOT jumpable and the transports are few and far between.
2) The SG is NOT needed due to all the handholding, conversations, quests, etc.
3) Had I known what type of Match 3 ZEM was, I would definitely skipped buying the CE. The bonus game is SHORT and then to find you must EARN the concept art, screensavers, wallpapers, etc. by CONTINUOUS ZEM play, what a ripoff!!! If the trophies are cumulative based on points, the points should remain at whatever level you ended the previous game. Having to start over each time sucks.
4) I should have read farther into the comments as others have made some of these comments as well.
Hope the next game from Silverback is better.

There are NO screensavers, wallpapers or anything but concept art in bonus area! Again, what a ripoff for bonus play. Once you've finished the "bonus game", that's all there is. And if you play Zem for less than 1/2 hour on relaxed mode, you will earn 250,000 points, 10 trophies, which open up 60 concept art scenes (6 per trophy). After that, there's nothing, no wallpapers, screensavers, or any other bonus game play, achievements, nothing, nada, zip.

Edited on 04/12/2013 at 10:44:46 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 11, 13 5:02 PM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming in to add a sticky to this thread to make it easier for everyone to find.

Thanks to EOTD for stopping by to chat, too!

bfgMonongahela

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 11, 13 5:31 PM
Hello, EOTD From Silverback,

Nice to have you in the Forums!

The game is lovely and the music is very enjoyable! I am interested in the storyline!

That being said, I am much on the fence about purchasing this game as a CE for the following reasons:

1. The bright white flashes of light are a real pain, literally, as I have migraines and have to close my eyes during them in order to play!

2. The graphics when strectched to fit widescreen are somewhat distorted and make things in the HOs sometimes difficult to pick out!

3. M3 as the bonus to play in order to unlock the concept art with no mention of wallpapers or other usual extras???
It is bad enough to have to play the entire main game in order to free up the extras which SHOULD be available immediately upon purchase, IMO, so that one can enjoy them WHILE the game is being played.
But to purchase them, THEN have to play a different genre for them? No, I don't much like that premise at all!

Yes, I am very much on the fence about this game and will see if my curiosity about the fate of Anna's people will be overwhelming or if I wait for the SE!

At present waiting seems like the best idea! I like M3s but I am picky about the gameplay in them and as I said I don't like the idea of HAVING to play to unlock the extras in the game.

BK

emwenz
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by emwenz on Apr 11, 13 5:56 PM
I didn't have high expectations based on the some of the reviews but this game is wonderful. The graphics are lovely and really give the sense of another world. I love the voices, very mesmerizing. I especially appreciate the variety of puzzles, not too hard. This is the best of the bunch of the EOTD series. Very relaxing game and beautiful in every way. What a great surprise.

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Apr 11, 13 6:28 PM

in thinking further about the bonus chapter, i am left wondering why a developer would switch genres from the main game.

i certainly don't mind being given the *option* to play mahjong or M3 or jigsaw puzzles (as we have seen recently) in place of the HOSs, but an entire BC that is a different genre?

perhaps EOTD from silverback could explain the thinking here.... because i am, for the lack of a better word, "puzzled"!

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Apr 11, 13 6:57 PM
Hi EOTD, nice to see you here. I loved the last game (#2) but after the demo of this one I am disappointed. I hate to criticize, so I’ll give you constructive criticism.

• The graphics, while lovely, are too dreamlike and pale; it is very hard to distinguish individual item.
• Having the bonus game be totally different is not CE quality; that is a bonus for a regular game. If we wanted a match 3, then we’d have picked one of those. For a CE we want the bonus game to either continue or expand on the main game story.
• All the beeps and noises are pretty but get a little annoying after a while; not everything needs a sound associated with it.
• Cut scenes are nice, but only sparingly. We are trying to play a game, not watch a movie.

All in all the game has potential, but sadly, doesn’t quite grab me. Only on a special sale will I consider it, and then only the SE version. Sorry.

CelticCoco

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 12, 13 12:00 AM
Hi there EOTD,
When you get back to Silverback and G O G I I, would you please remind them that a LOT of us are still awaiting the next instalment of Voodoo Whisperer.
Cheers

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
292 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Apr 12, 13 12:12 AM
just want to add my big big thank you for this awesomeee game.love everything about it. this is one of just a few where i go stright for the buy button. no demo needed in my ho keep up the great work looking forward to the next one ohhhhhhhhh yesthankyou to your team as well i am off to play some more take care averyvery happyasaclam

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 12, 13 2:08 AM
One of the most beautiful games I've ever played, I feel as though I'm looking through a window into an actual magical land. It's a very immersive game.

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Apr 12, 13 3:35 AM
Hello, thanks for making these games come true!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

EOTD from Silverback back to say hello.

[Post New]by letsdoit on Apr 12, 13 11:02 AM
EOTD wrote:Hi All!
As always I am thrilled to join the forums to see what people are chatting about. Empress of the Deep 3 is our most ambitious project and, so far has looks like it will prove to be our biggest launch. I'll check back often to join the conversations.
Cheers
Willie
Silverback

Hi! Willie @ Silverback ... it is really quite nice to see the 'devs' actually come in and post for feedback on their games...YEAH!

I must confess when I did demo on EOTD 1...it was a challenge to me...I was sort of new at games (now have 500+ games with more experience)...So could not pass up on purchase as it was an outstanding game, graphic awesome, music/storyline O.K. ...after hours of trying to get the 'hang of it'...I gave up and sent it to my purchase history file where it got a long long nap with cobwebs...to say it mildly without any feelings hurt...but I did!

Then I did unintentionally 'forgot' about it until the EOTD 2 was offered here (had to go finish #1 in series then which I was successful )..so I did the demo on #2...quickly purchased...played from early a.m.that day to next morning early a.m. (well did take a few breaks)...til I finished it! ... was one on my 'best game list' and did even replay!

Was anticipating EOTD 3....which of course has a good storyline, music good, graphics 'awesome'....BUT...that flash of screen to WHITE...not! ...no I am not on the blind side nor on the old age eyeballs...just could use a more subtle change to this feature...IMO

Of course it will be a purchase

Otherwise congrates to U and the team....I look forward to many more games in future with such great awesome features...

Lets...

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 13, 13 10:42 PM
These games are sooooo beautiful. The art reminds me of Myst, as does the beautiful soundtrack. I love the mellow, "golden hour" look of the scenes, and it is just magical. During the demo, I was truly lost in this world!

The ongoing story is irresistable, and I found all the voiceovers of the other beings interesting and fey. Anna, not so much. And that brings me to the downside.

I chose to play on the hardest level, which promised no handholding, and right away, there was a non-skippable tutorial! Wait! I've been playing these games for years! I've played the Myst games and many others. Arrrrgh! I choose to play in expert mode because I want a challenge! I want it to be difficult! I want to hunt for things and try things - I don't want Anna's commentary and help.

I was intrigued with the "cat tower", since I am a cat fanatic, but I guess it really has nothing to do with cats, then, but with playing Zem. I don't care much for M3 games, sorry. If that's the bonus game, I can wait for the SE. It would have been much nicer to play Zem in place of the hidden object scenes, which I like less than M3. And then get a REAL bonus chapter of real content.

You guys do some fabulous art, story and music - I wish you would consider making a large file adventure! Or at least a pure adventure, without the HOs. And with really hard puzzles!

I don't much use journals, but keep my own notes, and I don't like maps - I make those, too, if I need one. The transporters are okay, but I'd rather walk, LOL - the old adventure gamer in me. (The one transporter system I loved was the Maglevs in Riven! Those were fun!)

I know you can't please everyone, and I'm picky, LOL. The game is definitely a buy, but only as the SE, on account of the type of bonus we get. I couldn't care less about concept art, screensavers, etc. I'm only interested in bonus play.

Go to: