bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Viking Brothers

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 12, 13 1:45 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Viking Brothers ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Viking Brothers page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Viking Brothers

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 12, 13 1:45 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

boofycat
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by boofycat on Apr 12, 13 3:55 AM
Played the whole trial. Opens in full screen on my laptop with no side bars. From the makers of Northern Tale. The action starts off very slowly but I still managed to get gold on all the levels I played. After 2 levels you can upgrade to get an extra worker and extra resources, after four levels the speed altar starts to appear and the game goes much faster after that. Can't comment on the music as I always turn it off. The story is about average for TM games. Just getting right in to it when the trial ended so I will have to buy!

Edited on 04/12/2013 at 3:57:02 AM PST

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Apr 12, 13 5:44 AM
This is a fun TMG. Similar items like sawmill, ability to fish, and berries for food, farms, mine for stones, houses that produces gold and a warrior (barracks) that helped to chase away bandits etc. Kingdom Chronicles, My Kingdom for a Princess etc all worked along same premises

Colorful graphics, cute characters, (too much talking), music that can drive u a bit nutso. Not so clear whether u can fish again (u had to hover your mouse over the river), instead of the icon just stayed there to indicate whether its ready.

Otherwise its so MUCH fun that I still cant stopped after 1 hr trial.
Highly recommended to buy/or use free stamps since this is not a ce

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Apr 12, 13 6:00 AM
Yay, a definite buy for me, a good TM/strategy game, I emphasize strategy because it can get a little difficult quick. Graphics good, no comment on sound, as I NEVER listen to the sounds. You can replay at any time during the level if you see you are not gonna make it. You can click as far ahead as items are available, and right click on any thing to undo one at a time. It would have been good for those that do not like timed for them to have included different levels, like untimed, easy, moderate and hard. But all in all a great game.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 12, 13 7:38 AM
i adore builders and this one is very cute, with everything i love,, can chain tasks, continue after timer runs out, am at level 10 and so far i was able to get gold,,

you play as viking brothers, world destroyed by evil,,,you got to fix things, ie clear roads, repair buildings, collect resources..

i can see it getting challanging in later levels to get the gold...

for all u builder lovers...remember to submit a star reveiw if you can, so bfg knows how many are liking this genre

JammyKat
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by JammyKat on Apr 12, 13 8:10 AM
boofycat wrote:Played the whole trial. Opens in full screen on my laptop with no side bars. From the makers of Northern Tale. The action starts off very slowly but I still managed to get gold on all the levels I played. After 2 levels you can upgrade to get an extra worker and extra resources, after four levels the speed altar starts to appear and the game goes much faster after that. Can't comment on the music as I always turn it off. The story is about average for TM games. Just getting right in to it when the trial ended so I will have to buy!

Boofy, just so you know, this game is not by the same dev as Northern Tale. It is the same dev as Balad of Solar and Outta This Kingdom.

The game has great graphics, upbeat music and lots to do. Although someone mentions playing in untimed mode in one of the game page reviews, I couldn't find any way to do this. It seems to be the usual gold, silver, whatever. I haven't run out of time, so I'm not sure if you can keep playing or have to start over. For me, in some of the later demo levels, there was no way I could hope to get gold. I have to assume that will continue as I go along. I'm still debating if I want to buy this. If the game has an untimed mode, I definitely will. If not...not sure at this point.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Apr 12, 13 8:26 AM

Edited on 04/24/2013 at 3:37:54 AM PST

pecabo1338
Clownfish
Clownfish
549 Posts

[Post New]by pecabo1338 on Apr 12, 13 8:54 AM
I think the bronze award is the one for going over time. On one level I spent 19 minutes and got a bronze award. This bronze is like the check for going overtime in say farm frenzy or royal envoy ONE. The game let me go on after that bronze I got. The upper levels do get way harder. I purchased this game.

It runs a little hotter than I like so I'll have to play it one level at a time.

Since these TM/Strategy games are few now I just had to buy it.

Thanks Big Fish

Edited on 04/12/2013 at 8:55:04 AM PST

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Apr 12, 13 3:13 PM
Shucks I thought I was about to get my answer without writing the question but everyone has same answer here I know when I played my very first game on this it gave me a choice of timed or untimed. Since then I can not get that to come up again anywhere even after changing my profile. The whole point of untimed is not to have it on your screen. Anyone know where I can find that screen in the game?

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Apr 12, 13 3:34 PM
Sweet! Lovin it...

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Apr 13, 13 11:23 AM
Enjoyed the demo - for all the same reasons everyone else did - can click ahead, cute graphics, challenging in the later levels to get gold.

capipe
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by capipe on Apr 13, 13 9:18 PM
it's a nice little game but if you don't click on the object in the right spot it doesn't pick them up. didn't notice that hen i played demo. now it's annoying me!

noyb
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by noyb on Apr 14, 13 11:50 PM
Agree this is a great game. Lots of levels - good playability, and some effort has been put into the story. At first I was worried as the graphics weren't as nice as some others (thought that might indicate poor action or other problems), however it plays nicely. I love that you can cancel an action even when the worker is on the way to it - you can really strategize with your workers, and this is quite unique in most of these games (usually once you commit - you're stuck). Also like that you can click through dialogue (unlike Ballad of Solar). Can't comment on music or sounds - I never listen to any of that. Also love the variability in the levels - there's lots of little twists and variations (tunnels, bridges, swamps, ladders, etc.) to keep you on your toes.

The graphics could be crisper - but really that doesn't affect the playability and it's a very small thing.

One general beef about ALL these types of games - please ask dev's for an active female character. I sure get tired of helpless women asking to be rescued by brawny men...

However, overall, thanks so much BFG - I love these builder stories and this is a winner.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Apr 16, 13 12:27 AM
The game is nice with a lot of variation. Overall I really enjoyed playing it. There is something that I really do wish more developers included it their games. Once you finish the game, when you restart at a level why do you not continue on from that point to the end of game again? It's such a simple concept and one that increases the replay value, for me at least. I really dislike the ones that bounce back to the final level which this game does. Those people that just like to pick their levels can still do that so that's not a problem. I've found that just replaying the whole game is better for me to get golds rather than just replaying over and over again the one level that I can't beat. That makes it get boring fast.

ladywho
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by ladywho on Apr 29, 13 7:50 PM
I'm not so good at writing these type of things but I'm going to give it a go. I started the demo but didn't seem to get off to well, I didn't get gold on the second level what I was doing wrong I'm not quite sure. The tutorial kept giving me instructions so that slowed me down. Also as someone mentioned about clicking I had trouble clicking too, I had click things more than one time. I became impatient and didn't keep playing, but that's just me. It might be something someone else might not care about. I love TM games but I'll past on this one.

Csgentry
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Csgentry on May 20, 13 3:05 PM
bella81762 wrote:i adore builders and this one is very cute, with everything i love,, can chain tasks, continue after timer runs out, am at level 10 and so far i was able to get gold,,

you play as viking brothers, world destroyed by evil,,,you got to fix things, ie clear roads, repair buildings, collect resources..

i can see it getting challanging in later levels to get the gold...

for all u builder lovers...remember to submit a star reveiw if you can, so bfg knows how many are liking this genre

I have to agree, I am really enjoying this game.

Go to: