luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Bonus Content

[Post New]by luvmigame on Apr 12, 13 5:08 AM
Is being able to play Zem really what I worked for?

Lilac13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Re:Bonus Content

[Post New]by Lilac13 on Apr 12, 13 10:39 AM
Once you've finished the "bonus game", that's all there is. And if you play Zem for less than 1/2 hour on relaxed mode, you will earn 250,000 points, 10 trophies, which open up 60 concept art scenes (6 per trophy). After that, there's nothing, no wallpapers, screensavers, or any other bonus game play, achievements, nothing, nada, zip.

imchris
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by imchris on Apr 12, 13 2:10 PM
I noticed that you finished the main game. I'm hoping you can help me with a problem I have run into on the main game. I have received the tears of the innocent and have been trying to place it on the scroll in the scroll temple and no matter what I try, it won't stay. I have reinstalled the game and even the hints are no help. How did you do it?

EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by EOTD on Apr 12, 13 2:51 PM
imchris wrote:I noticed that you finished the main game. I'm hoping you can help me with a problem I have run into on the main game. I have received the tears of the innocent and have been trying to place it on the scroll in the scroll temple and no matter what I try, it won't stay. I have reinstalled the game and even the hints are no help. How did you do it?

Hope this helps:

Take the tears to the two headed man. He will give you another key to unlock the scroll so there is a place to put the tears.

imchris
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by imchris on Apr 12, 13 3:04 PM
Thanks, I will give it a try.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 13, 13 10:49 PM
So all there really is to the "bonus content" is a match 3 game???

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Apr 13, 13 10:54 PM
phatkhat wrote:So all there really is to the "bonus content" is a match 3 game???

LOL phatkat, you forgot all of the running around finding gems, seahorses, cats et cetera to enable you to play the "new, more exciting version of Zem".

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 14, 13 1:22 AM
Oh, you have to earn the Zem game, through which you earn the concept art. Eh, no, I don't think so. I'll wait for the SE.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Apr 14, 13 4:53 AM
I don't understand the disdain some of you seem to feel for this lovely game. There IS a bonus game and if you enjoyed the main game, you'd most likely enjoy the bonus since it continues the story in the same manner. And since most of the members here are always saying they don't care if they get wallpaper and concept art anyway, why is it even an issue that you have to complete the bonus before you can access it?

As for boycotting this developer because of some other game that never got a sequel? This isn't the same developer. Same distributor but then BFG distributes games as well and I don't see anyone screaming 'BOYCOTT!1!!' when part two of whatever never came out.

I feel embarrassed by these ill-informed comments, especially when Silverback cared enough to have a representative here in the forum to read feedback.

firekat7
Clownfish
Clownfish
954 Posts

[Post New]by firekat7 on Apr 14, 13 5:13 AM
How do I access the concept art once I've hit 250,000 in Zem. The trophies go away. I didn't check the concept art at each trophy, assuming there'd be a bonus content tab at the main menu. Nope, no tab. When I went back into Zem and played to the point level that should have earned me a trophy, no trophy! Do I have to create a new profile and play the whole game again to get the concept art?

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 14, 13 8:10 PM
Oh, I agree, Snapnhiss, the game is GORGEOUS. Eye candy of the first water. It's definitely a buy for me, but I think it will be the SE, because the bonus "game" doesn't sound very interesting. Catching cats? LOL, I do enough of that in real life!!!

I am very fond of Silverback Games. They are one of the best, IMHO. This is a very good game, to be sure! I just can't afford to buy a lot of CEs, and try to buy the ones in which the bonus content is truly important to the story, or really adds a different dimension. I bought Pilgrim's Hook (I did the beta and was smitten) and Amaranthine Voyage already, and can have one more pair!

From what people said, Amaranthine was only properly finished up in the bonus play, and I LOVED the demo, so that was a no-brainer. Now I'm down to a handful to choose my other two from, LOL.

possumb
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by possumb on May 31, 13 8:14 PM
I enjoy Silverback games and am very fond of all 3 games of the Empress. The bonus is there for our enjoyment - so don't complain but enjoy it. Zem is part of the fabric of the game - don't take everything so seriously - games are there to our enjoyment.

Go to: