bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches Technical Issues

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 12, 13 9:15 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Re:Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches Technical Issues

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 12, 13 9:18 AM
Hey Fishies,

There's now a new build for this game, so if you're still experiencing issues I would definitely recommend first uninstalling and reinstalling the game to get that upgrade!

Feel free to take a look here for more information on the update.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Apr 13, 13 7:24 AM
Thank you bfgizara!

maureen010
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by maureen010 on Apr 13, 13 7:41 PM
It doesn't fix the problem on Level 26 where you can't access the upper left corner. I did a Dr. Felix report and sent it.

[Post New]by JLaughlin on Apr 18, 13 2:38 AM
As of April 17 my money no longer adds after each level. When I complete a level the only money i have is from that level. This will not allow me to add money together to do more then 3000 or 4000 per level.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and wiped out one game and started a new one it is doing the same thing.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 18, 13 3:26 AM
Thanks for doing that maureen010 - we really appreciate you working with us on this.

JLaughlin - welcome to the Pond!

I would encourage you to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report too and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system and also, help us gather information on what may be causing the trouble.

Thanks again,

bfgBaikal

Gardens Inc.: From Rakes to Riches Technical Issues

[Post New]by PaulAlmeida on Apr 24, 13 2:39 PM
I'm having the same problem as the quote below.

JLaughlin wrote:As of April 17 my money no longer adds after each level. When I complete a level the only money i have is from that level. This will not allow me to add money together to do more then 3000 or 4000 per level.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, and wiped out one game and started a new one it is doing the same thing.

thank you
paula almeida

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 24, 13 2:51 PM
Hi Paula,

Welcome to the Pond and I'm sorry to hear that's happening. Since it sounds like uninstalling and reinstalling the game may not work with that issue, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can offer additional troubleshooting steps.

Hopefully they can get you gaming in no time!

bfgSeine

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on May 1, 13 9:03 AM
Sadly the wandering cursor hasn't been fixed.

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 2, 13 11:51 PM
I seem to have an older version but as I've not experienced the problems listed I don't know if the new version will help me any.
I'm having issues with sluggishness after certain goals are completed. For instance, in the level with the pylons and gates, once you open all the gates the game becomes sluggish and jerky. This has happened on other levels after completing some big goal. The rest of the time it runs just fine.
Also, on levels where you have to get ghosts or burglers, I'm finding I have to click them multiple times (5-6 times usually) just to make the action happen. This is making it nearly impossible to complete those levels in the gold time because I'm spending way too much time just trying to get the offender dealt with.

Does uninstalling/reinstalling a game (specifically this one) cause you to lose your progress?

Cheetarah
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Cheetarah on May 9, 13 12:03 PM
Hello Fellow Fishies:

I just downloaded this game and had issues with it initializing. I had to delete some folders on my computer and reinstall. That worked out. Now, I am having issues with my workers getting stuck in certain areas of the playing screen. I had two workers on the last task of one mission not want to leave the truck to build the statue. On an earlier level, one of the builders got stuck upgrading a building. I had to restart each level and it was sort of frustrating. If anyone knows of this issue or could let the developer(s) know, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks Everyfishie!

[Post New]by OrionsRose on May 10, 13 4:44 PM
I've had a few levels where workers get stuck but there's no logical reason how they got stuck. Like two workers ending up on an island where there's only one boat docking area so one gets left behind and steals the next worker's boat when someone else goes to pick up supplies. How did two workers even end up there in the first place? Or once I had a watering guy end up stuck on an island where there wasn't even anything he could water!

sja1
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by sja1 on May 11, 13 9:30 PM
I am having the same problem as OrionsRose:
Also, on levels where you have to get ghosts or burglers, I'm finding I have to click them multiple times (5-6 times usually) just to make the action happen. This is making it nearly impossible to complete those levels in the gold time because I'm spending way too much time just trying to get the offender dealt with.
Level 34 is a major problem because of this combined with the worker that gets stuck at the statue. I'm running Windows 7, 64 bit and all the motion is really, REALLY jerky.

onestepper
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by onestepper on May 13, 13 8:50 PM
I'm so totaly bummed. I love this game and it is so sluggish and jerky that I can't even play it. I mean, Escape from Ravenhearst doesn't move slow on my computer, so why does this game? Very frustrated!!

[Post New]by longstockinggirl on May 23, 13 9:06 PM
BlueStarFish wrote:Chapter 34
I too have problems with level 34 after getting the supposedly bug-fixed update. I never came across this playing through the game on the old version.

The workers don't want to leave the island with the eagle statue, lol.
I tried every combination, having the dock in various upgrades, the truck in various upgrades - nothing helps. The workers simply won't leave.

But it would be better to have someone look at why the workers won't leave the island (for at least some of the players) instead of having to do it like this.

This is my problem, too. Also I experience the jerkiness towards the end of the level - everything is very sluggish and just awkward. I second the motion that someone should investigate these problems. This is otherwise a delightful and challenging game!

Thanks.

ETA: The workaround suggested by BlueStarFish apparently does not work for everyone. This, IMHO, makes it more important for someone to spruce up the game code. I would really love to finish this game!

Edited on 05/23/2013 at 9:23:51 PM PST

[Post New]by coccole on May 29, 13 3:00 PM
hello, I'm Italian and I'm using the google translator. I bought the game but it does not work, I uninstalled and reinstalled several times but still does not work. could you tell me why?thanks

hezzak
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by hezzak on Jun 12, 13 6:27 PM
I've had problems playing this game since I got a new computer with Windows 8. The game is now slow and jerky, almost impossible to play and I get an alert saying "high CPU usage". I ran a Dr. Felix report and they tell me that the game is running at my computer's capacity. That seems crazy! I have other time management/strategy games that run perfectly fine. Any computer savvy fishies out there with suggestions?

ShirleyB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by ShirleyB on Jun 17, 13 7:49 PM
I, too, am having the problem on Level 34 with the worker getting stuck on the statue island. This is a new problem that has just started happening since the April update.
Frustrating!

[Post New]by larksmom on Jun 24, 13 3:34 PM
I am having some of the problems I see listed here, but since it is widespread, I see it isn't just me!
But the ones I am writing about are the non directions on the levels. For example,on level 36, it requires money but it is never explained how you get the money. Some of the exchanges give and take money but when there is no exchange, how to I get money? I waste too much time winding down, feeling helpless, and I simply do not know the answer to this. Can you help me?

LegalMonet
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by LegalMonet on Jul 5, 13 11:25 AM
Still experiencing my workers getting stuck and racing in one place like hamsters on a wheel!!

The worst thing is that this phenomenon always happens when I am well into a level and I have to

start
all
over
again

*&^%$#)(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to: