Captain's safe

[Post New]by mh7542 on Feb 26, 09 9:02 AM
When I get to the safe, how do I start? Do I have to get a hint or do I randomly start clicking on the objects until the right one comes up and posts a number? What then? Thanks for any help I can get!

Re:Captain's safe

[Post New]by katydid_1958 on Jun 28, 09 5:05 PM
I'm in the same boat you are regarding this Captains Safe. I keep clicking on items too until the time runs out and I keep having to start dive 14 over and over. I hope someone will answer us.

[Post New]by ras1959 on Jul 2, 09 8:38 PM
Damn!! I was hoping to find put how to get past this stupid safe. I need an unlimited air supply. We should get extra air for collecting jewels. Also we should be alble to start at that safe, not have to do the whole search thing over again. I'll stop complaining now. Please someone help us.

kabommer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by kabommer on Jul 7, 09 10:15 AM
I finally figured out the safe. You have to find items that are the same number as on the safe, such as, if the number is 2 then there is one that is 2 fingers, etc.

Has anyone noticed that there are some errors in this game. It shows filtered cigarettes. Cigarettes were not filtered in 1912. Also there are a couple of cars that look like 40's. Actually there are quite a few. I look for them now as much as I look for the items listed.

[Post New]by ruby52 on Jul 13, 09 5:57 PM
Thanks for the tip - I finally solved it, only to find out it was the end of the game!

[Post New]by icequeen49 on Apr 28, 10 2:09 AM
I have found that in a lot of these hidden object games they are not historically accurate, but what the heck - the games are fun to play and counting the number of out of historical sequence items just adds to the fun.

JPace
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by JPace on May 18, 10 8:17 AM
I am still having trouble with the safe game. I can't figure out what I am supposed to do! I see numbers all over the place and objects that are the same number, but I guess I am doing it wrong because nothing happens... Somebody help???

[Post New]by ratterrier12 on Jul 20, 10 2:11 PM
Theres a number on the safe when it opens (say for instance a 6) THAT is the key to what you look for- either a playing card with a six on it- a domino with a six- or maybe even six bananas or six pears. After you click on the item with the six and it is correct- another number will appear giving you the hint to the next thing to look for. Almost drove me crazy too until I finally figured it out. After you know this you will find them all pretty quickly and breeze right through. Hope this helps!

Calzephyr
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Calzephyr on Aug 27, 10 10:00 PM
Thanks for the tip. That was a doozy of a puzzle! I kept hitting the safe with just a few moments to spare and couldn't figure it out.

Kirland
Manatee
Manatee
3,699 Posts

[Post New]by Kirland on Oct 14, 10 6:48 PM
I figured out a way to get around this and other scenes. I do a print screen of the safe, then pause the game, next I paste the print screen to "paint" or a "Word doc" and you can look at the still picture as long as you want until you find the objects and then move back to the game unpause and click on the hidden objects you found on your print screen. When you are done clear the picture and start again. I guess it's cheating but I need a long time to find the hidden objects and the timer always runs out for me. Hope this helps you as well.

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 25, 10 12:14 PM
Kirland wrote:I figured out a way to get around this and other scenes. I do a print screen of the safe, then pause the game, next I paste the print screen to "paint" or a "Word doc" and you can look at the still picture as long as you want until you find the objects and then move back to the game unpause and click on the hidden objects you found on your print screen. When you are done clear the picture and start again. I guess it's cheating but I need a long time to find the hidden objects and the timer always runs out for me. Hope this helps you as well.

It's NOT cheating; it's no different than some of us having to read a walkthrough. What's more important is that you're ENJOYING the game that you're involved in playing at that moment -- NOT what any of us may or may think of how you accomplish the feat of finishing the game.

Hope you continue to enjoy all the games that you're playing.

MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 25, 10 12:21 PM
JPace wrote:I am still having trouble with the safe game. I can't figure out what I am supposed to do! I see numbers all over the place and objects that are the same number, but I guess I am doing it wrong because nothing happens... Somebody help???

I went back a couple of times (after reading these forum hints) until I FINALLY realized that the "the numbers on the safe" that the forum members were talking about were the row numbers that are in the yellow squares below the safe handle.

As you click on each item that represents that 1st number, then another number rolls onto another yellow square, etc. Once I realized that -- then, yes, I was able to breeze through it except for the #6 -- on which I had to use the hint button --SPOILER: it's the 6-pointed sheriff badge located on the bottom left.
peace)MEnr56

[Post New]by spayneuter on Jan 1, 11 8:18 AM
I am playing on an iPhone and cannot get past the first number on the Captain's Safe. It is the 5th digit, and is a 3. I understand I am to find an item that represents a 3, like a trident, a domino with 3 dots, etc., however none of these seem to be correct. Does anyone remember the correct item for the 3?

[Post New]by Where4 on Nov 18, 11 7:29 PM
I also cannot get past #3. Can anyone remember how to find this???

[Post New]by Where4 on Nov 18, 11 7:31 PM
I can't find the help button here either. Is there one on this screen?

[Post New]by LisaRedrider on Nov 25, 11 7:25 AM
Hi, fellow Titanic Fans:

The captians safe instructions were rather vague; and after having to re-do dive #14 I too just kept clicking until I ran out of air.

I noticed that the games ends at the opening of the safe; but you start again and I think this game has a progessive effect each time you play it all the way through. It keeps a tally of how many artifacts and jewels you find.

I also noticed that the more times I master finding things; there are less air tank opportunities.

What's the prize for jewels; and eah time we play through the game to finish and restart; how about changing the pictures and the seek and find stories about passengers.

[Post New]by wcglycogirl on Feb 5, 12 1:57 PM
I was very frustrated so tried different approaches...but when it came down to it, all I did was click on HINT until I got all the numbers. It made me do the 14th dive over and over because I'd run out of air but the last time, my air tube was almost full because I found the items more quickly each time. Then, when I clicked HINT for all 10 numbers and an extra time to 'open the safe', I had enough air to do all that.

Go to: