bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for 100% Hidden Objects

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 14, 13 12:40 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of 100% Hidden Objects? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the 100% Hidden Objects page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for 100% Hidden Objects

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 14, 13 12:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Apr 14, 13 1:00 AM
A really great idea here, but there are too many flaws in the execution of the game for me.

The game is presented in widescreen (sometimes), and the graphics are very nice. The scenes themselves are, for the most part, very nice-looking. I said "sometimes" because there are several scenes that revert back to 4:3 presentation, and in these scenes there are art work decorations down the sides----can't imagine what that's about.
And you have 8 different "boxes" to explore with different themes. There seem to be 64 achievements, and there is a shop to buy certain tools to help in your search. ("Found", anyone?) And these are all very nice ideas that should make the game much more fun.

The problem is the various timers. First, I don't like timers. But there seem to be three. One is the "expert" award, another is the "flash" award (for finding consecutive items quickly), and another for finding the "special" item in the scene. All of these timers are too fast, and this does nothing for me but cause frustration. Now it's true enough that you don't need any of these things (I guess), but c'mon devs, give us a fighting chance. The special item timer gives you about 4-5 seconds, the flash timer is going to require you to find too many items cosecutively about 3 seconds apart, and the expert timer runs out much too quickly. So I tried several scenes, and if you run into that one item you can't find, all your efforts are essentially down the tubes.

So I just thought it was frustrating, not fun at all----so no buy here.

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Apr 14, 13 1:02 AM
I beta tested this game a year or so ago and hated it. I'm still not a fan, but at least they made some improvements. It's a game with straight hidden object scenes, one right after the other. There are no puzzles or anything. Just H0 scenes.

- Timed and untimed modes. Word list or picture list modes.
- Different "boxes" contain different themed hidden object scenes. One box contains scenes like the game Pure Hidden, but I didn't see a way to zoom in.
- Artwork isn't great. Lots of items look a little pixilated. H0 scenes are junkpiles with loads of stuff. Some items are SO small. Items are not consistent in size, either. There will be a tiny statue, but then a massive chess piece. Why?!
- Some H0 scenes contain duplicate items, but only one will count. Example: The game asked for a mask. There's a diving mask and a tribal looking mask. Both are technically masks, but only the tribal one counted.
- Music is this dreadful jazzy stuff that doesn't fit with the scenes, really. I'm not sure if there's other music, but that's all it would give me.
- Getting "frenzy" mode to earn a star can be a real pain, as you need to get many items in a row without the meter running out.
- You can buy power ups with the coins that you earn.
- There are achievements, but for the most part they're pretty easy to get. The game gave me five or six after the first scene I did.

I enjoy straight hidden object games every once in a while, like the Gardenscapes games. This game, though? No thank you.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Apr 14, 13 1:34 AM
Chinese water torture would be a lot more fun, and watching paint dry more exciting.

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Apr 14, 13 1:39 AM
what a disappointment for a sunday game oh dear bfg barrell scraping is the best i can say about this

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 14, 13 1:43 AM
I will pick this up with a coupon.

This is Time Management HOG, those that like goals and achievements may enjoy it
You can replay for all the stars or just move on to the next.

There are a lot of achievements to aim for.

this is not for those that like to look for HOGs at their leisure.

For me it is much more fun than the standard boring HOG.

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Apr 14, 13 2:15 AM
Oh my. Are you kidding me? If you like junkpile, stock graphics, and having your hand slapped if you click too fast then this game is for you. Otherwise... don't bother.

I liked the idea of a straight hog with achievements to make it interesting but it didn't work... and once I realized there were click penalties as well I stopped trying to find the good and bailed. And let's not even go into the cheezy muzak.

PS: Almost forgot... dear devs "achievements" should actually mean something... playing for 2 or 3 hours without a break is not an achievement.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Apr 14, 13 4:01 AM
Without even downloading it, I can see a headache coming on.

Too bad..I was looking forward to a fun rainy Sunday game. Yuck!

grama4jr
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by grama4jr on Apr 14, 13 4:55 AM
I love as a rule hidden objects, but this was just toooooo much, I will not even spend a credit on this one. Its Sunday and was wishing for another CE game
to go with this great sale, but alas like they say, Wish in one hand......

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Apr 14, 13 5:08 AM
Don’t Be Put Off, This Is An HO Gem

BASED ON DEMO ONLY

No big fan of pure HO games myself, I have played a few with my elderly mum who loves them for their simplicity. No long complex stories to try to follow.

Believe me, this is much more fun than the others out there.

First, despite what others say, this game looks heaps better than anything in the Amazing Adventures or Big City Adventures series.

The graphics are clear, bright and as cheerful as you want them to be. The scenes make sense with the objects in them relevant, and while cluttered not really junk piled.

And you have so many choices!

You can choose your HOs from any of 8 different themed groups. For example, Tropical, Mystery, or Mixed.

You can choose word lists or pictures.

You can choose to play timed or untimed.

You have a range of 64 (!) achievements to aim for, and you can replay any scene to better your score.

You can collect coins to buy bonuses such as extra hints or slow time - or you can just ignore them.

There are side challenges for added fun. Such as, for a short period of time you get points for finding a specific item.

And I liked the cheerful jazz music.

This is NOT a HOPA. This is a very fun little HO game and I heartily recommend it to HO gamers.

I recommend this game!

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Apr 14, 13 7:11 AM
Very nice HIDDEN OBJECT game. It doesn't pretend to be anything else --i.e. detail to scale, tricky puzzles, lengthy cut scenes,or claims to have some morally redeeming story. It is "100% Hidden Objects". The timers allow you to get various star ratings for object discovery above and beyond the normal but if you choose to ignore all timers the game goes on just fine. I think naysayers are those who order the "Atomic Fireball Flush Your System Taco" and then complain it's too spicy.

I find it's a very nice play a couple rounds here and there kinda game much as a dedicated solitaire or mahjong game that does one thing only and does it very well.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 14, 13 8:10 AM
Did someone say timer??

I'M IN!!

LOL - I love the game. The only way I can take hidden objects is if they come with a timer and this one is just too good to pass up.

It is full of challenges and achievements and it will keep me busy for a good while, because it's not so straight forward as find the stuff on the list. It tests your ability to scan and react, perform rapid multiple clicks, and to constantly search while accurately clicking on objects.

Edited on 04/14/2013 at 8:14:47 AM PST

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Apr 14, 13 8:39 AM
I really tried to like this game. timed games are not my strong suit. and the music is plain annoying..

not a buy for me but others may want to give it a try...good luck

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 14, 13 11:13 AM
I tried, but failed to like this game. Might have played a little longer, but I hate timers. Try the demo for yourself, your mileage may vary.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Apr 14, 13 11:38 AM
Imberis wrote:It's a game with straight hidden object scenes, one right after the other. There are no puzzles or anything. Just H0 scenes.

LOL - I guess I figured that out by the title. It doesn't pretend to be anything else than what it's called.

Definitely the best straight HOG I've played since "Can you see what I see". Love the timers, achievements etc.

Definite buy for me.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Apr 14, 13 1:02 PM

Edited on 04/15/2013 at 2:38:03 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Apr 14, 13 1:58 PM
A timer and lots of Hos equates to 100 % not a game for me.

grabit2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by grabit2 on Apr 14, 13 3:08 PM
hmm.. great idea, i know i am totally all gamed out on the usual adventure/HO/puzzle games... . but. i found the graphics to be murky, and the scenes dull. some objects are indistinguishable from their surroundings, and some are not called what i would call them, and i play a lot of these games! the Expert mode timer is way too short! the various hints and helpers cost too much. will not be buying this one.

ladygem6
Herring
Herring
391 Posts

[Post New]by ladygem6 on Apr 14, 13 3:29 PM

Edited on 04/15/2013 at 2:41:57 AM PST

Go to: