Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

album photos

[Post New]by Qismet on Apr 14, 13 7:33 AM
not sure if this is a technical issue or not. if it is not, please forgive me for posting here. after completing the game, i was unable to take the last photos. everyone just kept waving at me - austin kept talking, etc. could someone please tell me if this is a problem in the game or if it is just me?

thank you for your time and, again, sorry if i have posted in the wrong area.

Re:album photos

[Post New]by StillConfused on Apr 14, 13 7:50 AM
Hi Qismet. I had the same problem. After I purchased the last item and got my reward, all the buttons disappeared..no menu button, no play button, no camera to take the family picture. I had to ctl-alt-del to get out of the game. I'll post in the tech thread too.

TracyS123
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by TracyS123 on Apr 15, 13 5:58 AM
I haven't gotten to the last photo yet but I've taken 2 so far. When you try to take the picture, do you have the people in the frame? I thought I could take a picture of any part of the garden and couldn't understand why it wasn't working. Then I realized that it won't let you take a picture unless the people are in it. Hope that helps!

-Tracy

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Apr 16, 13 10:04 AM
this is still an issue for me. i went the game the first time - didn't get all the photos. uninstalled and reinstalled - played through again to the alpine hill part where the family tells you to take some photos and nothing happens (or will happen). i have been putting the folks within the picture though - thanx for suggestion though. maybe i just have to buy all the clothes and then something that works this out will take place. otherwise, i'm just gonna be grouchy.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Apr 21, 13 1:48 PM
The photos are gathered throughout the game. I missed one the first time I played because I didn't listen to Austin long enough while he was talking to get the photo. This can happen at several places in the game. It was not the "last" photo given as it was in the first few pages of the album and it was on a page that contained two photos.

When I played the second time I was careful to not be in too big a hurry during Austin's talks about his life and I got all the photos.

Edited on 04/21/2013 at 1:48:53 PM PST

[Post New]by twilah on Apr 23, 13 8:23 PM
Got to the last photo. The family was standing under the arbor/arch. Austin said take a photo and there was no frame to take the photo with. I couldn't take it. Not starting the over it's long. I think it's a kink in the program and should be fixed, frustrating not having the last photo and knowing what it should look like. Hope they fix it. btw I waited for him to talk n say take the photo there was nothing to take it with as I said above. The family stood there waving and nothing.

kathy909
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by kathy909 on May 5, 13 1:59 PM
LizzieK wrote:The photos are gathered throughout the game. I missed one the first time I played because I didn't listen to Austin long enough while he was talking to get the photo. This can happen at several places in the game. It was not the "last" photo given as it was in the first few pages of the album and it was on a page that contained two photos.

When I played the second time I was careful to not be in too big a hurry during Austin's talks about his life and I got all the photos.
if you or anyone is still reading this would you tell me exactly when and where you got that photo. i have been through this game 4 times and still dont have that picture and its driving me crazy. thank you.

[Post New]by twilah on May 7, 13 10:12 AM
It appears that katy 909 is the only one who got the last photo. I plaed the ce 2x's and the se 4 x's. Still can't get the last photo. I get all the photo's every time just not the last one. It really needs to b fixed. Cheers

[Post New]by kstormgemini on May 13, 13 9:33 PM
kathy909 wrote:
LizzieK wrote:The photos are gathered throughout the game. I missed one the first time I played because I didn't listen to Austin long enough while he was talking to get the photo. This can happen at several places in the game. It was not the "last" photo given as it was in the first few pages of the album and it was on a page that contained two photos.

if you or anyone is still reading this would you tell me exactly when and where you got that photo. i have been through this game 4 times and still dont have that picture and its driving me crazy. thank you.

Same. It's the only achievement I've yet to complete and it's driving me bananas.
I try to listen to him but I'm never sure how many times I'm supposed to prod the old fart before he's done talking. Would be easier if he just rambled with out my having to poke him for the next chunk of info.

kathy909
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by kathy909 on May 14, 13 2:07 PM
actually i deleted all my other names started again and i got it in one of the sales it had nothing to do with his ramblings still dont know why i did not get it before.

zara137
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by zara137 on May 22, 13 9:11 AM
I still have 2 photos to get. I have completed all achievements except thermometer hints, which I still need a couple.
But I had the same issue the first time I played with no ability to take last photo. I had to ctrl-alt-del to get out but when I went back in all was fine - never got the photo though.

Guppy52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Guppy52 on Aug 23, 13 7:32 PM
I'm having the same problem getting the last photo in the album. I played twice under different names, and came up with a blank album page at the end of the game both times. So, it must be a glich. Too bad, it's a really fun game. I love how Austin (the game) seems to know how long I've been absent from playing.

Guppy52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Guppy52 on Aug 27, 13 10:31 PM
kathy909 wrote:

The last photo comes right after you drive the red car. Don't click out of the ride. When the drive is done, wait until the family is gathered under the garden archway, and are waving. Austin says, "It's time for another photo," and a ghostly rectangle or square will appear off to the right of the family. (Like you are looking through a camera.) Simply move it over them, and click. It was simple, but it took me playing the game three times before I was able to find and get it. I think I was playing through too quickly the other times. Hope this helps someone.

Guppy52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Guppy52 on Aug 27, 13 10:40 PM
kathy909 wrote:actually i deleted all my other names started again and i got it in one of the sales it had nothing to do with his ramblings still dont know why i did not get it before.

I agree! I just started under a different name. Three photos are taken throughout the game, the others are found in various scenes, and will always be asked for by Austin's mother. The one that some have had troubles finding (including myself), is the one of young Austin driving the pretend bus. The photo is beside the one of Austin listening to his dad read a story about dragons. It is photo #26, and is found in the "old bedroom." Austin's mom asks for it. I got it two times out of three. The last photo is taken after the drive in the red car. Complete the drive, then wait for the family to gather under the garden arch. Austin says, "It's time to take another photo." The camera window (very faint) is to the right of the family. Simply move it over in place and click.

Go to: