mythlady
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

Frustrated about resources

[Post New]by mythlady on Apr 15, 13 9:27 PM
I'm frustrated that there's no screen with resources on it -- I wish I could see what my production is and what I need to be doing in terms of increasing efficiency or building new gardens or whatever. I don't understand why the game tells me I need more workers when up in the left corner it tells me that 6 out of 10 workers aren't at work at that moment. In the end, it's so linear that I can't build a particular building whenever I want, wherever I want. There's also no map where I can see the whole of what's going on --

Can you tell I'm frustrated? Any ideas for me?

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

Re:Frustrated about resources

[Post New]by Badut on Apr 16, 13 3:47 AM
Hi Mythlady

Yes, the game can be confusing in the beginning. But you can see your resources in the top beam - the top number tells you how much you have (like planks) and underneath that number is a smaller one that tells you how much of the raw material you have (like wood). Same with food and fish/flour and stone/bricks and so on.

If there is no rawmaterial shown it means that you have all the sawmills/bakeries/stonecutters you have materials for, but if there is materials in excess you could do with more of that particular building.

Hope this helps - I too had to have that explained in here in the first game

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Apr 16, 13 3:49 AM
Oh - and with workers - I always keep at least 10 or 12 in the beginning - when you only have 7 the numbers turns red and you cannot build anything apart from workers houses.

Happy gaming

SharonGia
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by SharonGia on Apr 18, 13 8:51 AM
I also notice that even if say, the quarry is right next to the stonecutter, are the workers running the material all the way back to headquarters and THEN running all the way back to put in the stonecutter? Because this is my downfall with time - I keep missing the expert on last level because it takes TOO LONG.

Will building a warehouse close by remedy this?

Thanks.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Apr 18, 13 2:14 PM
Yes, all goods go via the warehouses or headquarters, so building one close will save a lot of time. Also have your workers houses close by.

Go to: