bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Solitaire Twist Collection

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 17, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Solitaire Twist Collection ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Solitaire Twist Collection page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Solitaire Twist Collection

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 17, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 17, 13 1:04 AM
Morning, all...

I love Solitaire games, and although the "one higher or one lower" kind is my favourite, I wanted to give this one a go, because you never know.

Well... I did give it a go, and it's a no-buy for me.

The cards are not very large, and depending on which card face you choose, it can get tricky to identify them sometimes.

You can set the resolution in the "Option" section, and I had to set it to 1280x720 to get widescreen.

You can also choose from 5 different card fronts and card backs - none of them to my liking, I'm afraid. They, and the background are all very intergalactic.

You can turn the music and sound up or down separately, and there is a "How to play" tab in the "Option" as well - not that this game requires a large amount of brain cells.

There are no achievements, like I get from my "1 higher or 1 lower" solitaire games, you just play one game after the other.

There is a timer but it goes up, showing you how long you take for each hand. There is also a "Score" tab for those gamers who love to beat themselves.

The game has a "Level Mode" which, when clicked, allows you to replay the hands you have already played.

Then there is the "Choose Game" tab, which allows you to choose from any hand in the 5 levels (groups) provided. There are 20 hands to play in each group x 5 = 100 levels in all.

And lastly there is the "Random" tab, which brings up a... well... random hand to play.

--- --- ---

For those solitaire players who enjoy this type of game, have fun.

metmichallica
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,184 Posts

[Post New]by metmichallica on Apr 17, 13 1:42 AM

Edited on 04/17/2013 at 2:36:04 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 17, 13 9:16 AM
This is not what a lot of people consider "real" solitaire (Klondike) But there are many types. I played this as a child along with clock and others. (This was before computers or television) Fun to return to this type of game. Now if only someone would make a game with many of the types of solitaire. I'll probably use a coupon on this one.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Apr 17, 13 10:14 AM

Edited on 04/24/2013 at 2:49:16 AM PST

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Apr 17, 13 1:51 PM

Edited on 04/24/2013 at 2:54:19 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Apr 17, 13 2:09 PM
After playing this game a little longer, I have decided it is a no buy. Unfortunately the developers fell in love with shadowing the cards and lettering. This appears as blurry cards to these old eyes. I'll keep searching BF for different non-klondike solitaire games. World Class Solitaire is a nice game, but it is another Klondike (One up or one down)

Edited on 04/17/2013 at 2:10:09 PM PST

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 17, 13 4:50 PM
I love a good Solitaire game, but this one won't be a purchase for me... not even willing to waste a free game credit on it. Actually, this game should not even be called Solitaire, as it doesn't fit into the true game play or rules for Solitaire at all. The only thing solitary about it, is one playing the game by themselves.

Solitaire should be a game of some 'thinking' strategy, with a little luck of the draw, but this game is nothing more than matching the same face card (or one lucky card that goes with all others). There is no thrill or strategy involved. Just displaying the cards in various random patterns doesn't cut it either.

The only nice part of the game I liked, were the various celestial images, but that is about it. Too boring for me, and a big time waster. For the record... I did play through the entire demo hoping it would get better, but no, it did not, at least not for me.

Edited on 04/17/2013 at 4:56:58 PM PST

hellfern
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by hellfern on Apr 18, 13 7:16 AM
No challenge. No story line. Boring, boring, boring!

[Post New]by CoordinationNOT on Apr 18, 13 8:59 AM
I played the whole hour of this and I won't comment on what some of the other people did. Everyone can read for themselves. What I will say there is NO challenge in this game. You receive power ups to help finish the games but other then the goal of playing the hand there is nothing else. Nothing to buy, nothing to build no story line nothing but cards.

I will say if you have children who like this type of games it would be good for number recognition.

This is another no buy for me.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Apr 18, 13 9:53 AM
Wish I had read the reviews before I downloaded this game ( I usually do, but being a Solitaire fan, I figured "give it a go"). Sorry I did, and the reviews are all RIGHT ON!!! The cards are small, the music HORRIBLE and annoying, and I don't like the so-called Solitaire games that you just match pairs. To the Devs - that is NOT Solitaire!! Anyway, I'm off to put this one in the garbage can!!

feenix

[Post New]by lilsuthern on Apr 23, 13 10:44 PM
This Game is NOT a good buy- riddled with errors that even uninstalling and reinstall will not fix. It allows you to play random games but not level up mode so after reaching a high level I am not able to continue play- disappointing and aggravating!

[Post New]by scrapping_nancy on Apr 28, 13 8:49 PM
boring!!!! Is this game for 5 year olds???

[Post New]by smikette on May 6, 13 8:22 PM

well, it looks like I am the only one that likes this game.
I tried the demo and after just a few minutes, I was hooked, so I bought the game.
After having some technical issues initially, that resolved themselves, I am having great fun playing this game.
I find many of the levels challenging and have had to play some of them a few dozen times before finally winning. Each level has a different layout, so I never get bored.
I would recommend this game to anyone who likes a relaxing game of solitaire.

Thanks for making this game available!

[Post New]by uvucof on Jul 16, 13 5:05 PM
I bought and finished all the parts of Solitaire Twist. I don't understand the Random game. Does anyone know when you get to the next level on any of the Random games? I thought (maybe) if you played the game faster but nothing happened I still get the random games with no difference even though I have played each random game at least 6 times.

Any help will be appreciated.

PEB

Go to: