bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 19, 13 12:29 AM
You will have to challenge yourself as a professional who specializes in most tangled cases and defeat the darkness to rescue an innocent soul. Earlier you’ve already had a chance to investigate strange cases in ancient Thai and Mexico. Now it’s time visit the Mediterranean coast and reveal the secret of an ancient family estate which was inherited by a young woman who is now begging you for help. Her life hangs in the balance and her fate is up to your strength and courage.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 19, 13 2:25 AM
Morning, all...

I have been waiting for the SE to come out. Going only by the demo I've played so far, this seems to be another great game in the series.

I own the previous two games as well, and love them. I particularly enjoy the changes of the dark and light rooms, where, for example, you can find an object in the light room, but have to use it in the dark room.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Apr 19, 13 5:47 AM
Just purchased this with a game coupon. Love the concept, change the lighting, :change the scene. This one grabbed me from the first scene and held on through 40 minutes. Just had to buy it.

[Post New]by Streifenbarbe on Apr 21, 13 1:09 AM
This game is a buy for me. I am just a little concerned about the length! I finished the demo after 40 minutes with only skipping one puzzle!

flossytj
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by flossytj on Apr 22, 13 8:15 AM
Have just finished the game, and you should have no worries about the lengh of the game, remember you get 2 scenes for the price of 1!! and the puzzles do get harder, Or is that just a middle aged mind just saying that?? you won't be disappointed

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Apr 27, 13 11:10 AM
we recommend this game to the game lovers that are a little experienced, it will confuse you if you don't pay attention. give it a 3.5 out of 5 .---------------------------------doug & lisa

[Post New]by AustinFlame on Apr 28, 13 4:41 PM
Wish I had known that you couldn't change difficulty level mid-game. I started on hard, and was doing fine until I got to the slider puzzle with the colored tiles in the shed. No skip option on hard. Guess this won't ever get finished. The walkthrough gave about a million steps (it seemed) and of course I can't draw letters onto the screen to make sure I'm sliding the right one, so this is disappointing. I may uninstall and reinstall at some point and play experienced level, just so I can skip the slider, but I doubt it. Frown.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Apr 29, 13 2:15 PM
Hmpf... I am a little disappointed with this game. I wish there was a map, because I keep having to run this way and that to get an object, which I then have to use at the other side from which I just came. There is a heck of a lot of forth and back walking in this game, and frankly, after having played for a considerable while now, I must say that I like this one the least of the series. And all because of the constant running around to hunt for objects that have to be used whoknowswhere.

I am also not really happy with the HINT button when used in the main scenes. It shows you a picture of where you have to do something next. But... I often can't remember where this particular place was, so again I am running around, going this way and that, until I finally stumble across it. It's made even harder if that particular scene has been shown in the dark room by the Hint button, but it is light right now. So I am running to the different rooms, switching the lights to see whether it's the correct room or not. *sigh* Really, no fun at all. Never thought I would be disappointed with this game. *more sighs*

ETA: I actually deleted the game before it was finished. The game was getting tedious (because of above mentioned forth and back running, and no map), and I got so bored, I just couldn't continue.

No wonder I didn't get the CE. I already wasn't too thrilled when I played the demo. Oh well... There are more fishies in the Pond to fry.

Edited on 04/30/2013 at 12:49:38 AM PST

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on May 1, 13 1:44 PM
Valdy, I echo your sentiments exactly. This game would have been excellent had there been a jump map. My gosh, I got so tired of going back and forth! I did finish it, but the end was even more back and forthing than the mid-game. I loved the first of the series and really enjoyed the second. This one, notsomuch due to all the back and forthing. A long game, but not for the reasons you want! Sooo tedious. Wasn't keen on the hint system, either, for the same reasons you named.

Go to: