bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 19, 13 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate technical issues here only

[Post New]by Quailridge on Apr 19, 13 11:19 AM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled this game. As with the usual BF tech issues when one clicks on "Play" it reverts to "Play" and won't open. This is the Mac version. When is this tech issue going to be finally resolved for BF games?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Re:Post any Secrets of the Dark: Mystery of the Ancestral Estate technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 19, 13 11:27 AM
Hey Quailridge,

Thanks for letting us know about those issues opening up the game on your Mac. I'm sorry to hear about that!

It's really helpful to know that uninstalling and reinstalling hasn't helped and at this point I would definitely recommend getting in touch with our Mac Support with a Dr. Felix. They're great and will do everything they can to help get the game up and running properly for you!

Just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left to reach them.

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

Edited on 04/19/2013 at 11:27:39 AM PST

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Apr 19, 13 8:02 PM
I have been through the hoops with your Mac support and Dr. Felix more than once with the same tech issue for other games and it does not appear to help anyone. All the info I get is to change settings on my computer and the changes make no difference at all. In a nutshell there is a programming error on the game itself.

Sue.

NikkiBikki
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by NikkiBikki on Apr 20, 13 3:12 AM
I was unable to download the trial of this game as my antivirus software picked up TROJ_GEN.RCBH1AJ virus when I tried to download it. This is the 2nd game that I have had this issue with, apparently it is a malware!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 20, 13 6:45 AM
Hi Fishies,

Ouch Quailridge - I am sorry you have had this experience.

There is not much I can do to help with this via the Forums so I would suggesting reach out to Tech Support Team again because at the very least, ensure that you are not left with a game you cannot enjoy.

NikkiBikki - I left some help for you over in the Tech Talk Forum, just click here to check it out.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Apr 22, 13 2:40 AM
I had the same problem with this as with the Collectors Edition. On opening the game, my screen went black and I got the Out of Range message although I could hear the music and minutes were deducted from the game time. Technical support concluded that is is because I use my TV as a monitor and it did work on my laptop which uses Windows 7 as does my desktop TV set up. However, I have never had this problem before and wondered if any anyone else uses a TV as a monitor and had any suggestions so that I know what to do if I encounter this problem with any other games. Many thanks.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 23, 13 1:13 AM
Heya ElderJen,

I'm sorry to hear that the game seems to have problems to run when you try to display it on your TV.

As our Tech Support already mentioned, this can lead to problems with some games as they do not register the TV properly. This, however, doesn't always happen and making sure that your PC is connected properly to the TV. In some cases reconnecting the TV could help as well.

To make sure to get some more personalized steps on how to avoid this problem in the future I would recommend that you get in touch with our Tech Support Team again, they'll be more than happy to help working something out!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Apr 23, 13 2:48 AM
Many thanks for the response, BfgBiwa.

micidawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by micidawn on Apr 25, 13 12:18 PM
I enjoyed the very short demo of the game and I am thinking of buying it, but I have one major qualm. I couldn't play the game on a full screen as the playing field was down and to the left. I had big black spaces on the top and to the right and couldn't read all the words, etc. It is harder to play on a small screen and I am afraid that it would happen if I bought the game.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 25, 13 12:25 PM
Hi micidawn,

I can definitely understand wanting to make sure a game will display correctly before you decide to purchase it!

Our Tech Support Team will be happy to take a look at how the game is running on your particular system and see if there are any adjustments that can be made to get the display straightened out. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by ddesjardins on May 12, 13 10:57 PM
I bought this game and it plays very choppy... the arrow jumps during the hidden objects game and I cannot see where it goes. It also jumps when I have a room to search with the hand to pick up objects or the magnifying glass to get a closer look. It still plays but is very annoying. I deleted and reinstalled the game with no change. What can I do? This is a PC game that is installed.
Danielle

Edited on 05/13/2013 at 8:48:58 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 14, 13 3:33 AM
Hi ddesjardins,

I would firstly recommend checking to see if you can run any graphical updates, as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game runs and displays for you. The help article here will help you to do that.

If you know that your computer is up to date and would like some more specific advice on this, please contact our Tech Support Team, they will be happy to look more closely at what is going on here and will provide advice specific to your machine and at the very least, ensure that you are not left with a game you cannot enjoy.

If you have the time please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I hope this helps and thanks for working with us.

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by ddesjardins on May 15, 13 11:38 AM
Thank you for your suggestions. I checked every possible updates... graphic driver, adobe programs, window updates... and still no improvement. Now, when I exit the game to main menu the word ''null'' appears where ''play'' used to be and when I click on ''null'' the word ''play'' reappears. I already spent a good amount of time on trying to improve this game and decided that for a 3-4 hours game I will continue with the choppy game play. I think that there is a problem with the game and not with my computer as I have a new graphic driver installed less than 3 months ago and should be playing this game easily. Thank you for trying to help.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on May 16, 13 6:23 AM
Hi ddesjardins,

Thanks so much for taking the time to check, I am sorry that this didn't help matters.

As you have already tried the suggestions offered for these issues, please don't hesitate to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

They will be glad to assist you and provide some more specific advice.

I hope this information is helpful and thanks again for working with us!

bfgBaikal

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Jun 16, 13 5:23 PM
please help me, I am stuck at the end of chapter 3 after I found the note and placed it on the case, I never got the harp to give to the statue and now I am stuck and can't go further because I need the harp to get the bulb and the second bottle of liquid.

paco12348
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by paco12348 on Jul 15, 13 3:21 PM
I used the hint to find what to do in a scene. The hint said I was suppose to get a card at the last hidden object scene but instead I got a picture of a scientist. I need to card to open a locked door and then can proceed with a potion or something I find in enclosure. Since I didn't get the card I can go no further. Any help is appreciated.

cestqui
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

Profile and game play lost

[Post New]by cestqui on Jul 30, 14 2:57 PM
I purchased this game after playing most of the demo. Had played successfully for a few hours and had quit at least once before. However, upon re-launching the game this time, my player profile has disappeared, along with all progress made in the game. Running Mac OS 10.8. Any thoughts?

Re: Dr. Felix - Had a problem with a game earlier in the week & ran "Dr. Felix". Out of curiosity, I looked at some of the info gathered. Among other info gathered were types, brands and ADDRESSES of devices that could be (not were) connected to my computer. Unnecessary (at least at prelim problem-solving level) and sort of invasive (that is "identifiable" info). So, I probably won't use that again. The good news (since I've yet to have a reply to that) is I was able to resolve that problem myself.

Game expects disk drive when loading

[Post New]by littleoldlady on Oct 27, 14 8:24 AM
I get a message asking for Drive: D when I load the game. Clearing it requires hitting Cancel four times. This is the second game I have bought recently that has this problem. I think that both are Elephant products. The other game is Echoes of the Past: Wolf Healer. While this problem does not stop me from playing the games, it is annoying. It also has the appearance of poor attention to detail on the part of someone from Big Fish. While it is too late to fix the problem for me, fixing it may be helpful for someone else.

Go to: