bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Royal Settlement 1450 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 19, 13 12:42 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

dosnomads
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Post any Royal Settlement 1450 technical issues here only

[Post New]by dosnomads on Apr 19, 13 1:36 AM
Why do games take so long to download? I'm in the UK and tend to log on early morning. Lately new game downloads can take over an hour to download such as this one. My drivers, cards etc do not not need updating. (This game is still only 68% after one hour ten minutes).

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 19, 13 1:43 AM
I'm in the UK as well, 72% after 90 minutes, BUT, yesterday's CE downloaded in less than 5 minutes. Earlier in the week, Trade Mania and Vampire Secrets took hours.

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Apr 19, 13 1:51 AM
You aren't missing anything.

I couldn't complete the first tuturial level before the timer ran out as there is nowhere to build the quarry as the screen doesn't scroll at all and everything is so poorly explained that you have to figure things out for yourself.

Note to developers - a tutorial is supposed to explain how the game works in a clear way - not leave the player having to guess. It is also supposed to be able to be completed before the timer runs out and the game has to start again.

may_be_uk
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by may_be_uk on Apr 19, 13 5:20 AM
I tried downloading but there was a problem when directx tried to install. I already have a recent edition of directx already installed on my computer. There appears to be a security issue with the directx installation.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 19, 13 5:26 AM
Hi Fishies,

bertiepuppy - to build, click the green arrow to the base of the screen as this will open up your building options. Then all you need to do is place the building of your choice; the outline will show up as green once you have placed it in a valid spot.

may_be_uk - sometimes games require a specific version of Direct X to function correctly so I would suggest accepting that Direct X add on if you can at all.

If the trouble persists with this though please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so we can offer some specific support.

Similarly for slow download issues, the best thing to do is work with Tech Support if you feel something is not right as we are very limited as to the support we can offer on the Forums for this.

Hoping this info is helpful though,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 04/19/2013 at 5:27:13 AM PST

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Apr 19, 13 6:06 AM
may_be_uk wrote:I tried downloading but there was a problem when directx tried to install. I already have a recent edition of directx already installed on my computer. There appears to be a security issue with the directx installation.

If you do install the DirectX as requested be very careful as they try and sneak the Bing Bar in. If you do not want Bing make sure to untick it before installing DirectX.

[Post New]by AandAsmummy on Apr 19, 13 6:38 AM
never even got to the start to play the game as no sooner had the title screen loaded and i put my player name in then game closes and says free trial over. i thought free trials was suppose to last 60 mins not 2 mins

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 19, 13 7:40 AM
Hi Fishies,

AandAsmummy -This can happen if the game is unable to start up on your computer.

When a trial shows as expired like this, the best thing to do is to try is uninstalling and reinstalling the game as that normally helps.

If you are still having trouble though, you could try to update some of the elements that run this game as the computer having trouble loading a game is another reason that trial expired message will appear.

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Usually one of the two tips I have offered will do the trick and make your trial available to you!

lindaa1 - thanks for reporting that, I will be sure to have someone look into this but for now, feel free to uncheck that option.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 04/19/2013 at 7:41:15 AM PST

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Apr 19, 13 10:35 AM
may_be_uk wrote:I tried downloading but there was a problem when directx tried to install. I already have a recent edition of directx already installed on my computer. There appears to be a security issue with the directx installation.

I got a big RED pop up from Malware. I allowed it and then found I had an earlier version of Direct X, so I do not see the need for this to happen? It could be the game was made before the updated Direct X?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 19, 13 10:55 AM
Hmm nivlem007 that definitely sounds odd!

If you wouldn't mind doing so it would be really helpful if you would write in to our Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. One of our Reps will be able to take a closer look and do everything they can to get the game up and running!

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thanks and I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by Jeannieg43 on Apr 19, 13 11:58 AM
I can't get the game to play at all, not even load. Error 809
I uninstalled twice and both times I let the Direct X to install.
can't figure it out so guess I'll wait till it is a more user friendly game and try it again.

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Apr 19, 13 5:15 PM
I tried this game, despite the many technical problems. It loaded in under a minute, no problem there,...tried to install directX but noted that I already had a newer version...so ok there,...played to I think the 3rd settlement during the trial and got to a point where I was collecting food but it was not showing up in my inventory,...food stayed zero even after collecting food over and over again. I can't hire new workers without food so I was stuck! I built a warehouse, a farm with three fields, a sawmill, a residence, a quarry, but couldn't collect food to continue! Unless I'm missing something and someone can lead me in the right direction this is a no buy for me!

bertiepuppy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by bertiepuppy on Apr 19, 13 5:39 PM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

bertiepuppy - to build, click the green arrow to the base of the screen as this will open up your building options. Then all you need to do is place the building of your choice; the outline will show up as green once you have placed it in a valid spot.

My problem is that there is no valid space - everywhere showed up red and no greens.

I also have a simply rule - when the tutorial is as bad as this one I save my money and don't buy - so far I have bought ONE game this year and that crashed my computer to the point where I was minus a computer for a week while the IT guys as work rebuilt the computer.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 21, 13 4:03 AM
Heya Fishies,

It's definitely not nice to encounter these problems!

Jeannieg43 - The error you are seeing often appears when the computer is having problems to process your game properly. When this happens a small update to your computer's software could already help to solve the problem. You can find some easy steps on how to get your system up-to-date by clicking here.

PinkSprinkles - It definitely is strange that your food doesn't want to add up. In these cases it can often help to simply uninstall and reinstall your game to get all files straightened out.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by Alysor on Apr 21, 13 9:16 PM
Regarding the DirectX issue - I was also having trouble with this, it would never finish the install when I allowed the DirectX install, even though mine is up to date. I ended up deleting the game, downloading just the trial version and cancelling out of the DX install portion. The game is now completely installed and activated, although I have not tried to play yet (that's what I get for downloading just before bed time).

PinkSprinkles
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by PinkSprinkles on Apr 21, 13 10:15 PM
I only have 6 minutes left of the trial, not enough time to uninstall, reinstall and see if it works. I'm not going to buy if I already know it isn't working for me,...this is a shame because it looks like it could be a fun game. Using the right mouse button to move around is also awkward, trying to get from one resource to another to collect things is next to impossible. Maybe they will revamp this game and I can try again

Edited on 04/21/2013 at 10:15:50 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 23, 13 1:53 AM
Heya Fishies,

If a game asks you to install additional software during the installation process it can mean that either the software is currently not updated on your computer or that the game is having issues with the version that is currently installed.

I would definitely recommend to first try to install the game and accept this additional software to see if your game will run properly. Please keep in mind that if you have a newer version of the software installed Windows will not install the old version but keep the updated one.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by tracy123456789 on Apr 23, 13 12:27 PM
ok i have a question how do you keep building. to hire workers you need food so no workers, and also im having isues with having more than 5 or 6 building at a time with no food and workers the game is how can i put this HARD when i try to add another building it says im at my limit so how am i spose to gain res and keep up food if i cant build more than 5 or 6 building help would be good here i actually love the game but am stuck and frustrated now

[Post New]by tracy123456789 on Apr 23, 13 1:13 PM
ok guys i figured it out whoohoo ok its a little tricky but first thing you need is res and food DO NOT PUT IN TRAPS this gives you limited buidings save your money and build up on food wood and stone alternate the buildings to begin with build up on wood and stone get lots of workers lol then build food building farm fuild etc heavers collect resorces so no more clicking lol again cost money second warehouse is also a must get a soldier and when you can a night NO MORE FIRES FROM THIEVES with heavers collecting res you have time to build other things
hope this helps

Edited on 04/23/2013 at 1:36:12 PM PST

Go to: