bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Royal Settlement 1450

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 19, 13 12:44 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Royal Settlement 1450? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Royal Settlement 1450 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Royal Settlement 1450

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 19, 13 12:44 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

dosnomads
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dosnomads on Apr 19, 13 2:42 AM
Is anybody playing this game? Has anyone worked out what you are supposed to do?
First game I've tried that is totally confusing and I'm not a novice player.

Was looking forward to this because I love strategy/TM games. Can see now why it is a soft release!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 19, 13 3:22 AM
I played the demo-

You have to fulfill missions/goals- building and producing food/wood etc

The game looked better once I adjusted the graphics to a higher resolution.
Zoom in and out with your mouse wheel.

The game is a little clunky but basically you place buildings such as sawmills farms, mills, bakeries etc and then assign workers to operate them. You hire new workers at the castle - build houses for more workers

you can play timed or casual. I played casual so cannot comment on the timed at this stage.

I suggest folks try for themselves, parts of the game are annoying- placing buildings and working out where your workers are is confusing at times- I had no idea what to do when my buildings caught fire - despite the game flaws I did play the full hour and wanted to keep on playing....
good for a PCC pick up.

Edited on 04/19/2013 at 3:26:11 AM PST

dosnomads
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dosnomads on Apr 19, 13 4:05 AM
Thanks govegril. I'm just about to go back and try it out again.

Played again and made some progress, but how do you get soldiers?
Also how do you put out fires? Very frustrating game and I only have 9 mins left of the demo. Not sure if it worth buying.

Edited on 04/19/2013 at 5:43:58 AM PST

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Apr 19, 13 5:17 AM
I am so confused! I give up.
I am not a novice with TM/Strategy games, but this one takes the cake for being hard to figure out.
It was weird that your gold just appears next to a building for no rhyme or reason, finally figured out how to hire people, but the second area, could not figure out how to get additional wood for building a warehouse.
One good thing, it has a timed mode and a casual mode. Would take a year to be able to do the timed mode in time!
Found out if you click on the King or whoever he is close to the timer, you can get knights or whatever, but could not figure out how that really works and AGAIN could never figure out how to get more wood. I clicked on everything to try to figure that out.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 19, 13 5:37 AM
to get extra wood you have to assign more workers.
Click on the sawmill and there is a + and - to add or remove workers.
Collect gold to hire more workers at the castle then click on a production building to assign them.
I think you can hire 5 workers per house.

You can build a warehouse for extra storage space.

You also have to make sure your sawmill is next to forest- the forest does not last forever and when the red bar is up there is no more wood so you have to demolish and build another one closer to more forest.

The more workers you assign to a building the more resources output.
Make sure you click on the resources to collect them.

Edited on 04/19/2013 at 5:39:58 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 19, 13 6:21 AM
Hi Fishies!

As you know, while we normally edit off topic reviews, I am reluctant to edit any of the above because I know that folks are a little confused with some aspects of this game and I don't want to remove what could be helpful to others.

Thus, I am leaving the reviews above as they are, however so that this thread does not lose it's purpose entirely, it would be great if only genuine reviews are posted after this message. To help with this, I have started a discussion thread over here, so that you can share hints and tips with one another.

Thanks,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 04/19/2013 at 6:22:34 AM PST

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Apr 19, 13 6:54 AM
I was delighted when I saw a new building game this morning because they are my favourite but alas there is only the one way of navigating around and that is holding down the right mouse button and then scrolling round the map and this puts too much strain on my hand and wrist because you need to keep clicking on your wood, gold and stone in order to collect it and so you are always on the move and applying pressure on the mouse.

Please devs when you make these sorts of games give us the option of using the keyboard arrow keys as well as this 'shares the load' for people with arthritic hands and then you would have had another instant sale but not as the game is at the moment. Should you add the < ^ > option please let me know.

On the Plus side ...

There are two modes of play Campaign and Continuous and the latter allows you to "colonise peacefully without duties well - almost" or so it says. I could have had so much fun with the continuous mode <sigh>.

There is a very useful help section which gives you information on ...

Story
Mission
Modes
Campaign
The King
The Menu
Building 1
Building 2
Resident
Weather
Controls

To those of you who can play, enjoy and watch out for the .

Cherb

[Post New]by pinmom on Apr 19, 13 8:39 AM
Could be a good game but I found navigation difficult, building placement odd and too much scrolling early on to see your buildings. I simply do not like having to click on each and every resource to gather it as well. Gets to be too clicky.
I do like that weather can affect your settlement but dealing with thievies can be confusing. I doubt this will be a buy for me. A shame too.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

Great game if you could play it

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Apr 19, 13 10:55 PM
This looks like a great game. It has a campaign mode and a continuous mode, which I gather is like the sandbox in some games. The campaign mode gives you a choice of timed or casual. Casual has no timer or thieves. I gather that in the timed mode you can always get more time by giving the king resources. It looks really interesting.

However, I tried the entire trial period to move the map in order to place my first building and was unable to do so. I read both the forum and the instructions beforehand, so I'm not just a dummy who didn't try the right mouse button.

I have no idea what the gameplay is like because I can't play it. I am so sad, because this game really looked like my cup of tea.

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Apr 20, 13 9:46 AM
I found this game clunky and hard to work with. And that was just the first 2 levels. Couldn't zoom out as far as I would have liked - had to put things half off the screen. Don't like having to constantly click to pick up the produced resources. Found that hiring and assigning workers sometimes required extra clicks to get to the button I wanted (popups would get in the way). Made a mistake on level 2 and the menu option didn't give me a restart option. At that point I quit and decided this just wasn't for me.

Game has potential, but the user experience is just not what it needs to be for those of us that are used to TMs/strategy games that are smoother and easier to operate.

joy75
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by joy75 on Apr 20, 13 10:52 AM
this game is no fun sorry i bought it.
cant pick up resources or find food.
very sad game

[Post New]by Alora_Han on Apr 21, 13 3:57 PM
This game needs some serious editing! I almost enjoyed it, the gameplay takes a bit of time to figure out, and the tutorials don't always work. The main problem, and the deciding factor for me was the fact you have to click ON EVERY RESOURCE that comes up from ALL your buildings! You end up not having time to do anything else. If they fixed it so that it was automatic like most games, it might have been fun. I thought the idea was good, and the graphics are decent, but unless you are a click-happy player you might not like it.

SAN8402
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by SAN8402 on Apr 23, 13 1:04 PM
I have to agree. Game is very frustrating. I really wanted to like it, but, alas, no such luck. Can't put resource buildings together to make gathering resources easier. Too much clicking and scrolling. Can't see enough of the land and pop-ups get in the way of trying to gather resources. I was really looking forward to a new strategy/tm game but this is not it. When I first joined Big Fish we were getting 6 tm games a month and I could get a free game every month. Now we are lucky to get 2 or 3. If I want a free game, I have to buy from other genres which makes me absolutely crazy. This game could be good if it were better designed.

[Post New]by tracy123456789 on Apr 23, 13 1:46 PM

Edited on 04/24/2013 at 2:42:23 AM PST

bea1106
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bea1106 on Apr 24, 13 3:46 PM
dosnomads wrote:Is anybody playing this game? Has anyone worked out what you are supposed to do?
First game I've tried that is totally confusing and I'm not a novice player.

Was looking forward to this because I love strategy/TM games. Can see now why it is a soft release!

stopped playing after minutes. can't go on. I too love stragey/TM games. But thats not it!!

[Post New]by StealthBunny on May 11, 13 2:21 PM
I love Time Management and Strategy games. I'll play almost any of them.

I could not STAND this one.

Hated the movement. Couldn't get the hang of moving from one area to another, so kept missing out on clicking on resources. Click on a building to get a resource, and a menu window would pop up. Or go to click on a resource and a window would pop up because the resource was right over a "hover" spot to bring up a menu. I was shouting at the computer before I was halfway through the third level. I'd want to go one way, but the movement would send me in the direct opposite.

And while I'm annoyed, I'll quibble - far too many typos, grammatical errors, misspellings, and the voice acting just wasn't acting.

Horrible. And I LOVE these types of games.

Go to: