lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Moving around the map

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Apr 19, 13 5:15 AM
I somehow moved to a different part of the map (don't know how) and am unable to move back. Cannot seem to scroll with the arrow keys or the mouse. So my time is running out and I can't get back to to building the sawmill and quarry.

Any help would be appreciated!

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

Re:Moving around the map

[Post New]by Csustar on Apr 19, 13 5:20 AM
Right click on your mouse, hold it and then move your cursor the direction you want to go, or according to directions you can use your wheel on the mouse to move around, not sure how that works if you want to go sideways.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Apr 19, 13 6:03 AM
Thanks csustar!

Never thought of the right mouse button - so used to using the left one.

dosnomads
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by dosnomads on Apr 19, 13 8:40 AM
I find using the right mouse button to move around the map quite difficult as you cannot go exactly to the place you want. A directional screen grab, such as Age of Rome II uses, is more effective. Are the developers looking at all these comments with a view to enhancing game play?

Edited on 04/19/2013 at 9:08:59 AM PST

[Post New]by molliebabe on Apr 19, 13 8:48 AM
hi evryone

totally confused to start with as I too could not move back or round the area. we are all so used to screen grab movement or scrolling with finger or mouse no idea why the devs chose this method of movement. it is not accurate enough and spoiled the game for me so would not think of purchse until this is fixed

[Post New]by Scrapinator on Apr 19, 13 11:00 AM
Totally agree that without some major modification, such as ease of moving around the map, I will not consider purchasing the game. Tutorial is not a try tutorial either.

nanekochan
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by nanekochan on Apr 19, 13 2:54 PM
After reading these comments I tried using the right mouse button, which works. The movement is faster the closer you put your cursor closer or further away from the center of the map. This is actually more confusing than movement based on up and down or left and right. Because of this, if you are in the left bottom of the map, for instance, you need to put your cursor in the upper right to get it to move at any decent speed. If you just put it at the top or to the right the map may not move at all. I found it really hard to navigate from one production building to another in time to pick up resources. I think I'll have to pass on this game because of it, at least for now.

By the way it says that if desktop resolution is really high the entire map will fit on the screen, however, the Options just give various versions of 1280x768. Even my monitor, which is about 4 yrs old doesn't go up to the recommended resolution.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 19, 13 4:47 PM
The highest resolution the game allows me to set in options is
1920 x 1080 which I set

Zooming out- (scroll wheel) the entire map does not quite fit on my screen, but the majority does- for some reason I am not having any issues holding down the right mouse button to move around although after playing Adelantato 2 I have had plenty practice at this

Edited on 04/19/2013 at 4:49:53 PM PST

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Apr 19, 13 10:44 PM
I've played other games where you move about the map by clicking and dragging with the mouse button such as Tiny Tokens Empires. No problem. But I can't figure this game out. Sometimes I just click with the right button - no drag at all - and it zips me away somewhere. Other times I try holding the right button and dragging and nothing happens no matter which direction I drag. I tried for more than half an hour and could find no correlation between where I clicked and whether or not the map moved, much less which direction it moved. There is a green button on the right with sort of an overview map, but clicking on it doesn't seem to do anything. Using the mouse wheel to scroll out doesn't seem to do any good. I can only see a tiny fraction of the map. The options menu has a resolution bar, but I don't understand what resolution is and what I should do with that bar. I'm lost in the woods and can't even find the castle where I started. I've been trying to place the first sawmill for almost the entire trial period. I'm starting to feel like Hansel and Greta.

NZBloke
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by NZBloke on Apr 26, 13 4:41 PM
Two reasons I won't buy. I can't seem to zoom out far enough for my liking. They need to give the option of inverting the movement. For some reason I try going left and the screen goes right. So I must be used to other games that you drag in opposite direction. Sad, because this game does have potential...

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on May 8, 13 9:46 PM
Not a buy for me, either. Had the devil of a time just bringing up the menu box to GET the build menu that you desperately need--even tho I was told I'd already built the sawmill, I can't imagine how.

Saxonator
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Saxonator on Apr 23, 14 12:53 AM
Glad I am not the only one having problems moving round the map. The right hand mouse is a real problem when you play on a laptop and solely for this reason I probably won't buy it. Otherwise it is the type of game I normally enjoy

Edited on 04/23/2014 at 12:54:34 AM PST

Go to: