popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

Red Crow Mysteries: Legion group play starting April 20th. All welcome to join!

[Post New]by popla27 on Apr 19, 13 10:29 PM
Welcome everyone to the group play of Red Crow Mysteries: Legion. As with every group play, we are here to play and chat about the game. We can share our successes and rant about our frustrations and everyone is welcome!

Large File games are great fun but can be difficult and at times very frustrating. At these times when playing alone it can be so very easy to just close the game, never to return to it, thinking perhaps these games aren't for you or are boring as you never get anywhere. This is where group play comes in! In a group play we all play our own game at our own pace and chat about the game. This is often in the form of an update on how you are progressing, venting your frustrations as you are stuck, asking for some help with something you are stuck with, offering hints to those who have requested it and just generally talking about your likes/dislikes of the game.

The first thing most people ask when they are joining a group play is "what are the rules?". Well we don't really have any rules as such, all we ask is that you make yourself known so we can all see who our fellow players are and to avoid open spoilers. We respectfully request that any and all spoilers are whited out as we like to make our discoveries at our own pace and try to puzzle through the tough bits without already knowing the answer!

Anyone is welcome to join in, whether you have played this before, are an experienced LFA gamer or completely new to the genre. Just pop in and say you are playing and your name will be added to the players list. If you have played it before and would like to offer assistance, let us know and I will add you to the helpers list too.

We are here to have fun and I hope that you all enjoy the game and the group play.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

Re:Red Crow Mysteries: Legion group play starting April 20th. All welcome to join!

[Post New]by popla27 on Apr 19, 13 10:32 PM
This game has 3 gameplay settings - easy, casual and adventure. Each mode expkains the settings (hint recharge time, sparkles etc) so you are able to make a choice of the gameplay that suits you best. If however you would like a different mix of these settings, for example you would like sparkles but want a slower hint recharge you can!

To customise the gameplay settings go to the settings menu from the main menu. Here you can change the gameplay mode (easy, casual, adventure) and you can also customise the gameplay mode/difficulty by changing the speed of hint recharge and whether you want sparkles or the find item panel. - I think this is a great feature to Cateia Games for this!

In the settings menu there are also sliders for various volume controls - voice, music, effects and the master volume. This should allow for everyone getting the sound just how you like it.

Unlike many adventure games there is no manual save in this game - so no lost game progress if you forget! The game automatically saves as you exit the game.

There is a short tutorial that pops up when you start the game which asks if you would like interactive help - you can choose whether or not you want to. This combined with the help tab in the main menu should explain all the gameplay controls so I won't write them here.

As always, if there is anything you are unsure about (either about the game or the group play) please do not be afraid to ask. We are a friendly and helpful group and there is usually someone around not too long after a question is asked!

Have fun everyone!!

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

Re:Red Crow Mysteries: Legion group play starting April 20th. All welcome to join!

[Post New]by popla27 on Apr 19, 13 10:33 PM
Players list

amj0963 - Playing
abiloo - Finished
sunshinej -Finished
luvtoread - Finished
mariannequilts - Finished
Fiona26 - Finished
Aquatic - Finished
mcquigan - Finished
popla27 - Finished
minesita - Playing
llstjohn - Finished
Catfish_girl - Finished
constantfire - Finished
harlequen - Finished

Edited on 04/28/2013 at 6:53:04 AM PST

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Apr 19, 13 10:41 PM
hi popla i figured i would get a head start so i have played a little bit to get used to the game. it looks like it is going to be a good game and so far some good puzzles too.

abiloo
Shark
Shark
11,080 Posts

[Post New]by abiloo on Apr 20, 13 2:00 AM
I'll be joining

So i guess we can choose which mode to play ourselves? After looking at the achievements i would like to try and play adventure mode and ont skip any puzzles, as well if i can manage all the ND and other LFA games ok then i should be able to do this!!! (Maybe with a bit of help from a walkthrough and you guys!)

Let's play!

Xxxxx

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Apr 20, 13 2:26 AM
Hi popla, please list me as playing.

I took a sneak peak yesterday and did the tutorial.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Apr 20, 13 4:00 AM
I also wanted to be added as a player.

I checked it out last night and today's BOGO sale convinced
me to buy.
I am doing the Adventure mode.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Apr 20, 13 5:10 AM
Marianne is here and playing Adventure mode.

Fiona26
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by Fiona26 on Apr 20, 13 5:36 AM
I will be playing in Adventure mode.

Aquatic
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Aquatic on Apr 20, 13 5:56 AM
Aquatic here.
Playing in Adventure Mode.

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Apr 20, 13 7:39 AM
Beth here, I'm in the adventure mode, part way through he second puzzle, waiting for the light to go on, trial, error, trial, error.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Apr 20, 13 8:04 AM
I am in Part 2 and had the game shut down on me quite
suddenly. Something came up about some error and
making sure I had the updated version dl/d.
Well, I didn't like that, so when the GM popped up
I hit Play, the game took me to a puzzle I had already
solved. I replayed it. did a couple of more things and
now have it shut down for a bit. I need to run some errands.
Hopefully nothing bad happens again. I really am liking this
game.

mariannequilts
Flounder
Flounder
2,146 Posts

[Post New]by mariannequilts on Apr 20, 13 8:54 AM
Same thing just happened to me. Grrrr. I was in part 2 in adventure mode. I solved a puzzle, but the item I was supposed to receive didn't happen and a message came up questioning if I was playing the updated version. I have uninstalled and will re-install.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Apr 20, 13 9:00 AM
Players list is up to date now Great to see we have quite a few joining in

Oh no luvtoread and marianne, hope the updated version fixes the problems. Fingers crossed.

I will be playing in Adeventure mode and will be aiming to get all the achievements hope to start a little bit later.

Edited on 04/20/2013 at 9:00:17 AM PST

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Apr 20, 13 10:00 AM
The thing is if we just bought the game and dl/d it,
that would be the updated version.

This does not bode well

I'm going to go back in and hope for the best. (insert
fingers crossed emoticon).

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Apr 20, 13 10:28 AM
duh, in the time it took me to read your first post and then read your next one saying you had a problem luvtoread, I had completely forgotten you said you bought it in the BOGOF sale today. Gosh is my memory really that bad!

That doesn't sound too promising as you should have the updated version. Oh I hope it works for you without any more problems. We really need a fingers crossed icon here!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Apr 20, 13 10:28 AM
popla27 wrote:[b Players list[/b]

amj0963 - Playing
abiloo - Playing
sunshinej - Playing
luvtoread - Playing
mariannequilts - Playing
Fiona26 - Playing
Aquatic - Playing
mcquigan - Playing
popla27 - Playing

Hi Popla, I'm playing as well! But I went to CCC, instead to come here!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Apr 20, 13 10:37 AM
Hi ,

I'm Minesita, but I'm playing in Easy or Casual Mode! Should I join you the same?
Now I'm in the 2nd. floor after I resolved the statue thing!
I'm not looking yet for any help, still I don't know what is the brush for.
If I'm not good with the group, please let me know!!! What I read all of you are playing in Adventure Mode.

popla27
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,078 Posts

[Post New]by popla27 on Apr 20, 13 10:46 AM
Hi minesita,

Glad you found us, I have added you to the players list

It doesn't really matter which mode you play, play whichever mode you feel most comfortable with. If you do decide you want to play adventure mode the group is always here to help with hints and such, but ultimately you play how you want to. When all is said and done we all want everyone to have fun and not be frustrated too much because seomthing is too difficult or whatever.

Some of us here are long term adventure gamers (I have been playing large file adventures for 20 odd years), others have been playing them only for a short time but have squeezed in a lot of large file adventure games in to that time and some will be new. As we are all at different levels of experience we all have things we are more comfortable with, just as some people are slower to play as others (for various reasons).

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Apr 20, 13 10:51 AM
popla27 wrote:duh, in the time it took me to read your first post and then read your next one saying you had a problem luvtoread, I had completely forgotten you said you bought it in the BOGOF sale today. Gosh is my memory really that bad!

That doesn't sound too promising as you should have the updated version. Oh I hope it works for you without any more problems. We really need a fingers crossed icon here!

Its ok....it wasen't until I went into the forums I knew there had
been an updated version.

But, so far so good. I am on Chapter 3, and no more
problems. Hope for the same for mariannequilts

Go to: