bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any The Secret Order: Masked Intent technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 20, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Post any The Secret Order: Masked Intent technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Apr 20, 13 12:55 AM
I've attempted to download this game on 2 different PC's using both Windows 7 and XP and it slows to a crawl just after starting. Got to between 1 and 6% complete after which the download speed dropped from 12.7Mbs to less than 0.1Mbs.

This looks like the familiar download speed issues of a couple of weeks ago have come back.

My guess is that the extra load of a big-ish game (500Meg) plus being weekend plus the BOGOF offer is overloading the BFG servers

I'll try a bit later after the 8.00AM (UK) rush has passed

Edited on 04/20/2013 at 12:56:46 AM PST

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Apr 20, 13 1:11 AM
Ditto, exactly the same is happening to me.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 20, 13 2:11 AM
I'm in the UK - I turned off the download as soon as I realised it was another crawler, downloaded Virtual Families in minutes, played it for a while and went back to downloading this, in the hope that the 'blockage' had been washed away. Nope!. 17% in an hour.

Edited to add, 29% in 2 hours - but I may well buy Virtual families - how come that was so fast?

Edited on 04/20/2013 at 3:23:43 AM PST

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Apr 20, 13 2:17 AM
i to am having problems with nearly all the bfg games for some reason here in the uk if i wait untill the evening i can usually download in approx 10 mins which is what it always used to be there are so many of us having this problem that surely bfg shoul now admit the fault lies with them and not with us especially as we all seem to cover a large geographical spread

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Apr 20, 13 2:23 AM
I am in the UK too with the same problem. 20% after 2 hours.

Edited on 04/20/2013 at 2:24:58 AM PST

[Post New]by mariebe on Apr 20, 13 2:54 AM
I am in Belgium.....It is the same !!!!!

[Post New]by perholm0307 on Apr 20, 13 3:18 AM
And in Denmark too... Very annoying!!! Same problem every weekend.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 20, 13 4:28 AM
Hi Fishies,

I wish I could do more to help you all with this however, my best suggestion is predictably, to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. For those of you have already done this, thank you!

Download issues are really hard to pin down so working with the Team is best if you are having persistent issues.

While we pass along feedback on issues that are posted here, contacting Support will also help to highlight anything that we may need to address with respect to this.

I know this is a frustrating situation and so we really appreciate you working with us on this.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

tishythree
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by tishythree on Apr 20, 13 5:19 AM
what good would sending a dr felix report do the problem would not appear to be with us your customers as other games in my case the cheap daily deal which i have downloaded took less than three minutes from start to finish so obviously there is nothing wrong with my set up. Probably no connection but i have only been having trouble since you re -designed

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 20, 13 6:27 AM
Hi tishythree,

It always helps to have as much info as possible because if you contact us without a Dr. Felix, all we know is what OS you are on.

And knowing a little bit more about the computer you are using can help to identify trends more easily as sometimes, whether the issue is on your end or ours, an issue is specific to one or a combination of very similar setups.

So if you have the time at all, including a Dr. Felix in any tech query is very much so appreciated.

I hope this helps explain things a bit better,

bfgBaikal

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Apr 20, 13 6:34 AM
Im with you on that tishythree, got the same problems again, tried 3 times to download this game and done about 20% and then slowed to a snails pace so stopped the download, ive said for some time now that it isnt US thats at fought with uor pc it is with THEM (BFG) but we get the same script time after time from the mods and nobody is doing anything about it, they must have had hundreds on here by now and thats without other gamers that have said nothing about this problem.
Come on BFG dont keep on blameing us get your act together and sort it.
PS: And i bet that all the gamers that wrote in, done the felix report, got their pc configered to god knows what, changed settings, etc,etc and still got no joy.
PPS: and i bet we all have different pc's running all sorts on it, so why so why is all these gamers getting the same issues ??, pause for thought there BFG.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Apr 20, 13 7:06 AM
Sent a Dr Felix in as after starting d/l at 9.30 UK time & 6 hours later am still only at 60%. Think I will crash out and not bother.

By the way due to the BOGOF sale I have successfully d/l'd four other games in the usual 3 to 5 minutes today so I know it is not my pc.

The d/l issue seems to be with particular games rather than the site.

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Apr 20, 13 7:48 AM
mine has been stuck on 69% for the last hour, really getting tired of the snail downloads i`m also in the uk, using XP really bad BFG !!!!!

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Apr 20, 13 7:56 AM
I am having the same problems. I have stopped and restarted several times but it has not helped much. And it is NOT my computer or connection as I have downloaded several other games today with no problems. Each one completed in about 5 minutes.
Also in UK using windows XP.

Guess I have been lucky until now as this is the 1rst time it has been so bad.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Apr 20, 13 8:49 AM
I gave up after about 7 hours, deleted the 70% I had squeezed out of BFG and started again.

This problem is so random - Thursdays CE took a few minutes, Adelantado II took hours, Virtual Families took a few minutes (and that was today's soft release).

I begin to think that it is not worth the effort, since I usually know within 15 minutes if I am going to buy the game - it is easier to go back to my purchase history and redownload something I know I liked (Madame Fate was a joy last week!)

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Apr 20, 13 9:17 AM
Well i tried again for about the 5th time at 5pm GMT(UK) got to 82% and thats where im at now, at this rate tomorrows game today will be tommorows game tommorow and tommorows game today is any ones guess lol, oh dear what a mess BFG.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Apr 20, 13 9:34 AM
Well it is now over 9 hrs. Apart from stopping and starting the download, which did no good, I have stopped it, deleted the file and tried again. It downloads to 100% , says it is saving it and an hour later has not moved any further forward.
Just to check my connection is ok, I paused the download and downloaded another game. No problem at all, it whizzed straight through the download and installation within minutes.
I have just downloaded the CE version, which is the same size file with no delays at all, either downloading or installing.
I give up for today. Will try again tomorrow as it is one of 2 games I want to purchase in this weekends sale to fill my punchcard. I have been waiting for it to be released as a SE game.

Edited on 04/20/2013 at 9:36:11 AM PST

[Post New]by pregnantgoblin on Apr 20, 13 9:48 AM
Glad I am not alone, I left this game downloading at 10am and its nearly 6pm in the uk and its still only on 87%. I thought it was my laptop so glad I checked on here as now I know its the game that's the problem. Shame I wanted to purchase this game today, but its looking unlikely.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 20, 13 9:56 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm very sorry to hear that some of you are running into problems getting the game downloaded. I know that's not fun, and I hope we can get that working for you a bit better. The best recommendation I have is to let our Tech Support Team know what's happening. I can assure you that we are investigating what the cause of these issues are, and the more information we have, the easier it is for us to find a solution. Sending our team a Dr. Felix Report is also hugely helpful, and is appreciated in troubleshooting problems like this.

Hopefully we can get that sorted out for you so you can enjoy the game!

bfgSeine

Go to: