bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for The Secret Order: Masked Intent

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 20, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of The Secret Order: Masked Intent? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the The Secret Order: Masked Intent page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Secret Order: Masked Intent

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 20, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 20, 13 12:37 AM
Interested as to what Fishies thought of the CE version of this game?

Click here to jump to the CE reviews!

Hope this helps,

bfgBaikal

Marciepie
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Marciepie on Apr 20, 13 9:38 AM
I just finished my trial and the game was acceptable, meaning it didn't blow me away, but there really wasn't anything negative about the game..... I'm seldom interested in the story line because they are all the same, but I did like the captioned voice overs and I liked the voice overs themselves.. Actually, you can turn this on and off in Options.
There are your usual three levels of difficulty, casual has no miss clicks, sparkles, all the regulars.
There is a map so you can jump to locations and I think we have all grown to love those maps.
HO games give you an option of playing Mahjongg.
Mini games have a skip button.
So, just to wrap it up, nothing out of the ordinary, has all the gameplay bells and whistles I enjoy (map/no penalty click/) but again didn't blow me away. Probably 3 stars on the 5 star rating. I will buy this game only because I'm running out of games LOL

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Apr 20, 13 2:25 PM
no buy for me..game is just too slow..boring

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Apr 21, 13 5:15 PM
I had tried the CE and was disappointed in that the SG wasn't working well. I see that they fixed that, but didn't see that it was CE worthy. The SE is a very nice game. Grahics and game play are very good, music not too bad either. Games not difficult but take a bit of thought.

HOGs were clean, but very difficult to see a lot of the items. Color in HOGs was either very washed out or none existant.

The story is nothing new, but the game was fun. Not particularly challenging but enough to keep me interested. Demo was very short (had 18 minutes left to play), so probably a very short game as well.

I am going to purchase this game, only because I have already lost one credit this past week and really don't want to waste any more money and lose another this week. We have very few SE games worth purchasing these days, which is extremely frustrating and very maddening.

As always, try it for yoursefl and see what you think. We all have different tastes in game and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

renaki
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by renaki on Apr 24, 13 7:37 AM
Based on trial hour... 45 minutes to be exact.

For my pace the whole game will last less than 3 hours.
More than 1 giga downloading for playing only 3 hours
with plain, dark, frustrating HOS with small objects and
very, very easy and simple mini games.

The help system (hint, map) was good.

But in general, I was not enthusiastic at all.

Maybe I will wait to buy it as a weekly/daily deal.

weyrelady
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by weyrelady on Apr 28, 13 5:18 AM
Do i have a glitch or does the game end abruptly for everyone?

I played the game through fine, no problems but when I used the item that is supposed to beat the villein and release the others all I got were the game credits,

DOES THE VILLEN FIGHT OR GET TAKEN TO HELL OR FADE AWAY OR HELPED TO GO STRAIGHT, DO THE VICTIMS RECOVER AND DISPOSE OF THE ARTIFACTS SAFELY.

SEEMS LIKE THE CE JUST GOT CHOPPED OFF AT A CERTAIN POINT FOR THIS GAME AND NO ONE BOTHERED TO CHECK IF IT HAD A SATISFACTORY ENDING WE ARESURLY ENTITLED TO A FULL GAME even if we dont pay for all the CEs extras
NOT ONE MISSING THE LAST CHAPTER

[Post New]by mindyfishy on May 3, 13 11:52 AM
I thought the ending was okay as one got the mask so Nathan lost his power and Christopher became a new member of the order when he shook hands with the robed figure. As for Nathan, there was an entry in the notes that explained why he was killing the order members since he mistakenly believed they killed his father. He was going to get the help he needed to see the truth and to handle his grief.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on May 16, 13 2:56 PM
Review after purchase and played right through.

Another in this series and another good game. The map was extremely useful, always helpful to be able to jump from place to place and not have to back and forth from room to room.

Excellent game play, great scenes, good voices. Altogether, highly recommended.

palegoldfish
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by palegoldfish on May 16, 13 5:08 PM
Fishies please review this game without any spoilers (unless you warn people).

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on May 16, 13 11:09 PM
I completed the demo at 60 minutes, but I didn't skip any of the cut scenes.

Others have mentioned the realism of the graphics, but again, I didn't see anything special about them. Many games have more attractive, imaginative artwork.

The sparkles on the diary drove me nuts. I know when I want to look at a diary. Having the program alert me is a distraction requiring one to continually open and close the diary in order to turn off the sparkles. The hint arrow that tells you where to go is nearly obscured by flashing sparkles. I also didn't like the huge cursor arrow or the gauntlet-clad hand when you can pick something up -- just a personal preference.

The map is useful as is the list of objectives.

There just wasn't anything about this game that made me want more. I do think the demo was intended as a prologue that would get you to the point just before the actual adventure begins. I think that's bad story writing and a mistake on the part of the developer. Give us something that leaves us salivating to know what happens next, because it's at that point that we're going to either reach into our pockets or go looking for something else.

Not a buy for me.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 20, 13 10:20 AM
Loved this game! The graphics were brilliant! Game play was medium (halfway between hard and easy). Give it a try.

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on May 23, 13 1:55 PM
I really enjoyed this game. Good storyline and graphics. Good mix of puzzles and HO's. Nice pacing. Easy and harder puzzles. One of my faves of year so far.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on May 24, 13 7:37 AM
in a word..........BORING!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Jun 2, 13 4:27 PM
Please, some of the reviews here have spoilers. I don't want to be told what happens at the end! Please put "SPOILER" at the top of your review so that you don't ruin the game play for those of us who haven't finished.

Isn't this thread moderated at all?

So far I am enjoying this game and I just finished a top of the line game by a developer I'm probably not allowed to name but it's a drink with a strange color. It's hard for any game to top their games in terms of graphics, storyline, length, FROGS, or anything else.

Still, I like this game. It's interesting enough to keep me going. I'm a bit confused by one of the puzzles which is why I ended up here reading posts that tell me the ending to the game - WHICH I DID NOT WANT TO KNOW.

Please try it out for yourself. I've found games with excellent reviews and I am amazed at how awful they are. I've also found games panned by every reviewer that I enjoy a lot. I think it's always a good idea to play the demo first.

Happy swimming, fishies!

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jun 17, 13 5:05 AM
Good Game, Particularly If You Like Realism

BASED ON COMPLETED DEMO & WALKTHROUGH

Nothing intrigues me more than a little battle between Good and Evil, or in this case, Peace and Chaos. Add to that some time travelling, ancient gods, and underwater scenes and I’m pretty much content.

I guess it’s just me, but I don’t like these pseudo-realistic graphics. They seem so clunky and grainy and pixellated on my big monitor. Give me a swath of hand drawn canvas any day.

This business with the graphics aside, I am still not sure this game is all it’s cracked up to be. From the walkthrough it is clearly not very long. There seems to be very little actual movements in time, just get to where you need to go and get on with it, and the overall texture of the game is fairly flat.

The HO scenes are not ‘alive’ with animations. Some do have some interaction, but not all. They visited only once, and there are two per chapter. There are six chapters.

The puzzles seem pretty straightforward, and I noticed nothing really eye catching. There doesn’t seem to be a lot of them.

What I’ve seen of the game play seems logical, although I did need to use the hint button (it’s a directional hint) in the trial a couple of times.

What it comes down to is, this game is okay. There’s nothing going against it as far as I could see, if you like realistic graphics. But it won't be winning awards either.

For me, it will stay in my “fillers” folder til the next time I need that one.. more.. game .. for my punchcard.

I recommend this game!

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Feb 2, 14 11:32 PM

Based on the Demo

The graphics are beautifully done in this game with panoramic views and great special effects. The soundtrack is excellent, the music is haunting, the loud noises designed to scare the players. Voiceovers are excellent also, clear, crisp, easy to understand.

The storyline is interesting: good versus evil with your family member immersed in the battle. It was a little too slow moving for me. Nathan, a man your father's friend did not trust was being sworn into the secret order. Nathan steals a mask to give himself power beyond belief and now it is your father's and your job to save the world from him.

The hidden object games were standard, with some of the items being really tiny but you can opt to play mah jongg instead. The mini puzzles are a lot of fun, some of them very challenging. There is not reset button but there is a skip button.

The player gets a journal with objectives, notes, and a map to assist in gameplay.

It was a good hidden obect adventure game, but not a great one.

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Apr 22, 14 2:50 AM
Actually, I thought the game quite good. Enjoyed the music. It was spooky without a lot of occultishness, which was nice, a decent length, good graphics. Storyline was better than most.

The ending was a little abrupt in the SE.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Sep 15, 14 7:10 AM
Liked this game, for the most part. Sometimes you have to backtrack to find objects that weren't there the last time you visited. Sometimes you have to click 42 places on an active zone to get the "right" place to put the object you KNOW you need to use there. Sometimes you have to wait for the lock, etc. to be "activated" by something else you do before you can use it. Very frustrating. Also, you can't have active zones indicated on the map unless you also put up with sparkles on the HOS. And the map only shows the area you are in, not the whole game map.

Story is good. Voiceovers and lip-sync are truly excellent. Enjoyed the gameplay. Minigames are more aggravating than difficult. Hidden objects are sometimes almost invisible.

Ending was abrupt in the CE, too, as they both had the very same final chapter and ending, according to the reviews over on the CE board. The bonus content was inserted into the middle of the game and had absolutely no bearing on the game ending. Interesting way to do the bonus content, but when you give such an abrupt ending, everyone who bought the SE will think it's yet another truncated game. It's not...the ending is *BAM* *DONE* in both versions.

Edited on 09/15/2014 at 7:20:47 AM PST

Go to: