Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

Re:DD April 20, 13

[Post New]by Jurinne on Apr 20, 13 1:14 PM
I haven't run across any black gaps yet. There are a lot of bugs but they don't bother me at all.

It might have been my confusion (I had surgery yesterday and am still feeling a bit light-headed) but I thought one of the early HOS asked for a centipede but it wasn't a centipede but a scorpion? It's probably just me.

The HOS are nice, not too cluttered but clever. I like the atmosphere of the game because it's creepy and dark and raining - I can't get enough of games like that.

I think this is a great deal for the price and I'm enjoying myself with this game.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

Re:DD April 20, 13

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Apr 20, 13 6:21 PM
For me, this was a fair deal at $2.99.

There are 2 modes of play: Casual and Challenge mode. You cannot switch modes mid-game. There were sparkles for HOS in both modes.

There are voice-overs.

There is no journal. However, the story unfolds through dialogue (not too much) throughout the game. Codes needed are either close, or are noted in the puzzle itself.

There is no map, but the hint button does provide directional arrows. A transporting map would have been extremely valuable for this particular game due to the slow loading times between every single scene.

There is an extra brightness button in the options section if you find some of the scenes to be too dark. However, I found the extra brightness to be too bright. I quickly switched back, and did not find scenes to be too dark at any time in the game. Perhaps a slider bar to choose level of brightness would be a better option?

HOS: There are 26 interactive HOS. I thought that they were beautifully drawn, and most of the interactions required 3 or 4 steps to complete, which I felt added more interest.

Hint: Recharges in approximately 30 secs in casual mode and 60 secs in challenge mode. The hint does work outside of HOS and also helps to navigate.

Puzzles: There are 13 puzzles. They can be skipped in 90 secs in casual mode and 3 mins in challenge mode.

Overall, my greatest complaint is the long load time (approx. 4 secs to 10 secs) between scenes. Even when you zoom in to areas of interest, and zoom out again, there is a black screen. Those lag times really add up when you have to back track several scenes to get to an objective. For example, Spoiler - highlight to read. It took me 1 min 5 secs to backtrack to the scene with the flour after I had repaired the flour sack. I collected the flour, then had to travel through 8 scenes to get to the kitchen to bake the bread. That took me another 1 min 20 secs....most of that time is spent clicking and staring at the black screen. It has taken me all day to complete the game, as I simply did not have patience and could only play about 30 mins at a time before I became frustrated. Total game play time for me was about 5 hours in casual mode.
If there was not such a long load time, I would have considered this an excellent game and a "must have" at $2.99! The graphics and character animations are outstanding. However, I don't regret the purchase. It is definitely worth a try.

Go to: