cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

Forgot wallet?

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Apr 20, 13 10:44 AM
I thought I had a competitor on the ropes where he would have to at least mortgage property when he landed on my space that charged more rent than his cash. However, I just got a message that he forgot his wallet, so he moved back four spaces. Can I claim to have forgotten my wallet to avoid paying high rents? How can you bankrupt an opponent when the game gives them a free pass? I was trying to find out what happened to my stock when he went bankrupt, but after that I just gave up and bought him out.

sewbizzy
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

Re:Forgot wallet?

[Post New]by sewbizzy on Apr 20, 13 5:54 PM
Well, I call what happened to your opponent being "evented". I hate being evented.

When you or an opponent spins and lands on the "EVENT" section of the wheel, you can get all sorts of things. Some good. Some bad. New to this game is the random steps backward to collect one's wallet. I dislike this one, although it isn't innately bad, unlike the 'millionaires donate to save the animals' one...I dislike losing 10% of my cash on hand...even if it is to save imaginary animals. But, my all-time least favorite event is the one that takes away your car. The advent of car insurance in TMII has proved to be the best feature ever as it prevents that from happening.

So to answer your question, yes, you too can go back some spaces...but only if you get 'evented' and that's what the game chooses to do to punish you.

herrbach
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

Re:Forgot wallet?

[Post New]by herrbach on Apr 12, 14 7:45 AM
Yeah, I think they conveniently forget their wallet on purpose. If they had to still pay you later [with maybe 25% to 50% interest] they might think twice!

Still playing in Moscow to (eventually - bad pun intended) sorta kinda maybe & hopefully win & pass this level. I could NOT land at the car dealers. I watched as my AI opponents got level 3,4, (one even had just bought the 5th) vehicles. I mean, C'MON MAN!!! I was developing a severely dysfunctional resentment. I was morose and irritable. My friends & neighbors started avoiding me. Co-workers hated me. I started gaining weight. I HAD to get treatment. I even got addicted to St. John's Wort to try to cope. I finally purchased some additional step cards so I had all the -2, -1, +1, and +2 moves possible and a better chance. I FINALLY landed by using the expensive +1 card and bought the 2nd level vehicle... AFTER having to sell a building to pay someone's ridiculously high rent. YAAAAY!! Whew!! I was no longer driving a scooter! A few turns later, (I hadn't even made a full circuit around the city on my new wheels), I was "evented" and crashed it, and am back to carrying a maximum of two goods on the scooter!!

AAAAUUUUGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me vent.

I have a sudden craving for borscht.

In spite of frustrations and room for improvement, I mean in the game, well, mine too I guess, I still think this game rocks. My favorite of this type. Like Monopoly on steroids.

Go to: