bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Fitness Bustle: Energy Boost

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 21, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Fitness Bustle: Energy Boost? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Fitness Bustle: Energy Boost page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fitness Bustle: Energy Boost

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 21, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Apr 21, 13 1:25 AM
Good morning everyone Time to pump it up and get BUFF BABY ! Well when it comes to time management games this dev. get's it dead on every time ! If you like Burger Bustle you'll like this one it's all about fitness. The graphics are really good the game play is fun and the some of the customers are a hoot. Your a young girl building a new fitness business to drive out the nasty old dude who seems to think that people no longer need an actual work out so he's come up with these so called magic pills that are suppose to give you energy but guess what they don't they do the opposite so I think you can see where I'm going with this wait for it okay enter the local hero who is gonna save the town from the nasty old dude and get everybody in tip top shape !

You have daily goals to meet each day and each day are different goals sometimes there is more than just one goal. Your rated on a star system if you get all your goals met in a timely fashion you get gold and when you do that you get more stars earning you awards that you can use in your shop some are for equipment others for upgrades.

There is a relaxed mode so those that don't like the clock and the click click click can play on relaxed mode and not have to worry about all the hustle and bustle. Your shop starts out small with maybe only one or two pieces of equipment but that does change and quickly. You also get to hire other workers to help you out and sometimes your equipment does breakdown so be sure you have some extra hands to help you out with that and some of your customers get dehydrated so be sure the keep the water cooler full.

The game starts out slow enough but does pick up it's pace as you go but so far I've not felt overwhelmed at all and I have been lucky to meet each goal with no problems however I'm sure the further I get the more challenging it will get. This was a buy for me because I love Burger Bustle and this one operates the same way it's just fitness equipment. The game is really cool and it's one of those good and very solid time management games that we all know and love. Give the demo a try it's definitely worth it. Thank you dev's and kudos to you for doing some awesome time management games I would love to see you do a builder hint,hint and thank you Big Fish for another good old fashioned solid fun time management game. Have fun everybody !

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on Apr 21, 13 1:32 AM
I saw this and thought, "Finally, a real time management game! I haven't played a (good) new one in ages." (Not counting resource management/builder games.) Well...

Pros:
+ Bright graphics.
+ Everything is pretty easy to figure out.
+ You don't need to click-and-drag customers. One click to pick them up, one click to put them down. Right clicks send them to the shower, which is handy.
+ Customers will work out on their own once you set them on a machine, but you can click on them to have the trainer come along and speed them up.
+ Gold stars earned count toward trophies. The trophies actually do things like give you extra seating, etc., which is nice, but you can only use three of them at a time.

Cons:
- The exact same story of virtually every time management game: Bad guy tries to take over town's business, good guys compete against him for the greater good, yadda yadda.
- You have to unlock untimed mode by gaining enough stars in timed mode. What's the point, then?
- Gym equipment moves around from level to level for some reason, so at the beginning of every level I felt a little disoriented because I got used to the previous layout.
- Comments from the trainer and customers are so annoying.
- Sometimes setting a customer down doesn't work when another customer has just finished with that machine.
- In one level the game told me that I could right click on customers to give them a cup of water when they want one. However, in the next level this didn't work!
- Times given to get a gold cup get increasingly short very quickly.

I don't know if I'll be buying this one even though I really want a new dash-type game. It doesn't have any particular charm to it, and it feels frustrating instead of fun.

Edited on 04/21/2013 at 1:33:29 AM PST

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Apr 21, 13 4:54 AM
I liked the bit of this game I could play - it has a nice interface, easy to figure out and I like the click person then click equipment controls instead of dragging that the similar games have. I liked that the awards you got helped you in the game - that's a great feature.

Basically you have to place people on equipment but since they want to use any equipment in any order it requires some strategy to figure out the puzzle - who goes where next which to me indicated it would be more than a click-fest but rather require some thought and strategy regarding the placement of the people.

However, the minimum system requirements given for this game are set far too low:
CPU: 1.0 GHz
RAM: 512 MB

I was trying it on my notebook which has about that and it was stuttering and stalling and running slow - but on the early levels that nothing much was going on it played fine. So skip this game if you only have 512mb ram but other than that give it a try.

Edited on 04/21/2013 at 4:56:43 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Apr 21, 13 6:21 AM
Hooray for a TM game a last!

Obviously set in a gym, moving customers around various work out machines.
Similar in style to the Burger Bustle games insomuch as meeting goals, hiring staff to help you, earning bonus items etc
At least the coins collect themselves now - saves some mouse work.
Another difference is you can only use 3 bonus items at a time- you can choose which ones you want for each level.

Bright and colorful and it may get a bit clicky but starved for quality non builder TM games I will take it!

muzicgal
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by muzicgal on Apr 21, 13 9:32 AM

Edited on 04/24/2013 at 2:08:23 AM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Apr 21, 13 1:35 PM

Edited on 04/23/2013 at 12:45:24 AM PST

smokey735
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by smokey735 on Apr 21, 13 10:15 PM

Edited on 04/23/2013 at 12:49:56 AM PST

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Apr 22, 13 6:21 AM
TM are all quite silly and trigger finger happy. This is not an exception, but it has its saving grace. The ability to hire helpers (albeit u have to keep hiring them, ie, not permanent) and having upto 3 bonuses items which u could choose to use.

I hate having only 3 bonuses, cant I just get the bonuses as I go along? Its not difficult to get gold cup, be aware of the goals and hint: (DONT READ: SPOILERS ALERT, get an extra bathroom) and u will be fine

There was a level whereby I had to get like $5000, so instead of hiring staff, I just simply make do with 1 and play thru the shortest time. The 1st time I played thru I got silver and going back realised that I got too "many" staff.

Its cute, and its worth a free stamp at least

Enjoy!

chaleur
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by chaleur on Apr 22, 13 9:57 PM
It's a cute game, definitely a buy for me.

PROS:
* The artwork is really cute and creative.
* The moment-to-moment gameplay is pretty fun.
* The interface is better than Burger Bustle -- I'm glad I don't have to drag my employees between stations anymore when I don't have one for each station.
* The reward system is pretty neat, you can actually use your trophies in game, and they have an effect on gameplay.
* Right click on customers to send to the shower and on the drink machine to deliver drinks removes some of the tedium. I think these were good gameplay choices.

CONS:
* The tuning needs work. All the levels are really easy to pass with a ton of time to spare, until suddenly I get to one that's totally impossible to achieve gold. Some ramp, maybe?
* The story is uninteresting.
* The upgrade system only gives me stylistic choices, not meaningful gameplay choices.

ladyyong
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by ladyyong on Apr 24, 13 10:00 PM
JUNK! DONT BUY THIS GAME! It is not even close to the fitness dash or other dash games.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Apr 26, 13 9:05 AM
This review is based on the almost completed game, where I tried to get all gold trophies. This isn't always possible. Some levels are just too fast to achieve a gold, but this doesn't matter because, unlike the Diner Dash games for example, you don't need to replay a frustrating level countless times in order to pass it - your gym clients will just keep coming along until you've met your goals.

As has been mentioned, this plays like the Burger Bustle games, though there aren't as many 'stations', meaning those that you do have are larger and it's easier to move everyone around.

Your goals vary between hiring a certain number of assistants, having X number of people use a certain machine, repairing equipment or making a set amount of money - all in gold trophy time if you can manage it.

The characters come out with some very funny one liners and there are enough of those so that the inevitable repeating of them doesn't become tedious. The music fits the game nicely.

Another plus - everyone gets on with things quickly. Even if you don't assign an assistant to speed up the workout, your client won't hang around on a machine for too long. Right click when they're done and they'll go take a shower (which also happens very quickly). Repairs are swift too. Great for those TM gamers among us who get impatient when clients take too long ordering/eating (or whatever else).

This is a lot of fun and quite addictive.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Apr 26, 13 9:53 AM
This was nothing more than a knock off of Burger Bustle. There are NO upgrades worth mentioning and every level is almost the same as the last one. I would have liked to have seen more upgrade options and maybe more than one shower (YUCK!)! It justs looks to me like they rushed it to get it out there and didn't put alot of thought or imagination into it.

rncurtin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Love it!

[Post New]by rncurtin on Apr 26, 13 11:33 PM
Thank you for this game. TM players only. Graphics are bright. Music is fun. If you played Burger Bustle you will recognize some of the sights and sounds. Love that I don't have to drag my employees around. A had to have for me.

bryb2001
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by bryb2001 on Apr 27, 13 3:51 AM
mkastor wrote:This was nothing more than a knock off of Burger Bustle. There are NO upgrades worth mentioning and every level is almost the same as the last one. I would have liked to have seen more upgrade options and maybe more than one shower (YUCK!)! It justs looks to me like they rushed it to get it out there and didn't put alot of thought or imagination into it.

If you played the game longer you would have gotten another shower. That is why you get a one hour trial.

This is made by the same developer that made Burger Bustle 2.. This game has similar play.They are not ripping off another developer as so many developers do.

I got my copy of this game on another site. I always read reviews here. I am enjoying the game and I was anxiously awaiting it after playing the beta version. If you enjoy their previous games you should at least give it a try. I have only played through two areas so I don't know how the rest of the game will play out.

I do not like the changes to the upgrades where you can only choose 3 to use. For example your extra shower and seats should be given to you automatically instead of having to use two of your slots for them. I explained that in the survey after the beta but I suppose not enough people mentioned it. I didn't notice any changes made from beta to final version.

Edited on 04/27/2013 at 5:28:45 PM PST

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Apr 29, 14 7:56 AM
I never even knew this game came out last year or I would have purchased it. I am glad it is the special offer today. I really enjoy playing both Burger Bustles over and over. This is no different. It is a lot of fun, really cute, just extremely enjoyable. I played for only a couple of minutes before I went in and purchased it. I know this is another one I will play many times and enjoy!

Go to: