Who creates walkthroughs?

[Post New]by fairlind on Apr 21, 13 5:11 PM
I always figured they were done by volunteers; people who wanted to help others find solutions. But perhaps I'm wrong?

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Who creates walkthroughs?

[Post New]by sinshack on Jul 28, 13 12:34 AM
Sorry it took so long to answer, but I'm just getting around to playing this game.

No, walkthroughs aren't written by volunteers. Big Fish has a paid staff to write them, and occasionally the game developer provides a walkthrough. If neither BF or the developer makes one, sometimes other fishies will do it, especially in a game that seems to stump a lot of people in several places throughout the game.

I ended up posting a walkthrough a couple of years ago, but it does take a lot of time. First you need to work your way through the game yourself, then replay it and take notes, then write it out clear enough for others to follow. In my first time through that game (and I wish I could remember the name of it) I relied heavily on the forum and other fishies to get through - sometimes just one person manages to figure out a puzzle, posts it, and it allows others to continue on. If it weren't for the others posting their solutions, I never would have made it through that game - and it was well worth playing. A few days after I posted my walkthrough, BF published theirs - and it was much better because they were able to include screen shots.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

Re:Who creates walkthroughs?

[Post New]by sinshack on Jul 28, 13 1:23 AM
It was driving me nuts trying to remember the name of the game that I wrote a walk-through for. It's "The Revenge," and it was a great game - but extremely frustrating without a walkthrough.

Go to: