Chapter 40

[Post New]by jodjacdan on Apr 22, 13 5:30 AM
Cash disappears, won't let me pick up tools or wood or seeds - driving me mad is anyone having these problems - also is there an update to download anywhere

Re:Chapter 40

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on May 10, 13 10:02 AM
The thieves (and their maniacal laughter) are really annoying but how the heck does one accumulate enough cash without any gold statues and how does one not run out of time? Even with clicking the hold time button whenever possible, I simply can't get the thing done quickly enough without running out of time.

andegirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by andegirl on May 13, 13 5:26 PM
I FINALLY finished chapter 40 in the gold with a blue ribbon. I quit trying to pick up all the rocks and wood. I built the seed shed as soon as possible and collected all the seeds I needed. I picked up tools as I needed them and I did not worry about the burglars - just ignored their laughing and let them steal what they wanted to. Planting flowers gives you money quicker and the only help buttons I used were the extra time one and the earning money faster one. I found out that when I waited to the end to build the guard shed, all the burglars were gone and I couldn't catch the 6 I needed. So I planted all the plants except one. Then I built the guard shed, caught the 6 burglars and planted the last plant while they were being caught.

This is definitely the hardest chapter in the game.

delisa31
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by delisa31 on May 15, 13 10:10 PM
Andegirl, how did you get the blue ribbon? Do you remember how you arranged the flowers? Tried almost everything but can't get the ribbon.
Thks

andegirl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by andegirl on May 18, 13 3:35 PM
The 2 gardens have to be totally different. I planted the top garden with red flowers next to the street and purple flowers in the garden at the top of the steps. In the garden at the bottom, across the street, I planted yellow flowers next to the street and white flowers in the one at the bottom of the steps. Hope this helps.

fayeraye
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by fayeraye on May 19, 13 12:43 PM
i'M BEING TOLD I NEED 10 FLOWERS BUT CAN ONLY SEE 6 BORDERS

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on May 28, 13 11:52 PM
My second time through the game and I still can't get gold and ribbon on this one for those blasted, annoying robbers. All the suggestions just didn't work for me. Really, really frustrating.

cleo_cat1
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by cleo_cat1 on Jun 4, 13 3:12 PM
I got the gold time and the ribbon, but I did it a little differently (but I got it on my second try after reading the tips)...I grab the tools and seeds on the left immediately and then upgrade the truck to 3 workers doing the fast work bonus and then clear the obstacle on the right to open the way to the guard shack. Of course then you need to chop wood and get some stone to make the guard shack...once you get enough to do that, I built the guard shack first and got the 6 robbers. After that I just alternated the bonuses to stop time and fast cash while keeping an eye on the robbers...for the most part, I focused on the ones coming from the top right (but I did try to prevent the ones on the left from getting near shack/workers). Clear the path to the sheed shack and build it as soon as you can after the guard shack is built and then I did yellow flowers right there where you can see other yellow flowers. Also clear the top path to plant blue flowers on the top right (before the obstacle/bridge). I cleared the bottom path on the left and planted white flowers down there. Then on the top right after building the bridge or whatever was needed there I planted purple flowers. Once I got to that point I had enough cash that I wasn't trying to catch the thieves.

Go to: