MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

ISN'T THIS BEING DECEITFUL, BIGFISH?

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Apr 23, 13 7:14 AM

When I discovered today's Daily Deal, I said to myself: "Oh I have this game and it was a good one BUT did I buy this same game or a sequel?" I decided to investigate my Purchase History to ascertain whether or not I'd purchased this EXACT game.

There are MANY games that'll start off with a specific title (Haunted Legends, Puppetshow, Grim Facade, etc.) and end up with totally different titles AND be TOTALLY DIFFERENT games.

THIS GAME, however, when I purchased it in December, 2010 was just entitled: Age of Oracles; today it's entitled: Age of Oracles: Tara's Journey

2 DIFFERENT games? NO, they're ONE and the SAME game with DIFFERENT game titles! Had I not reviewed the video on the sale page AND the list of Hidden Object games, I would've downloaded this game on the premise that while there are similarities, the 2 different titles Age of Oracles and Age of Oracles: Tara's Journey are 2 different games worthy of 2 separate purchases.

As this NOT the 1st time I've run across this, I find this practice, , very disconcerting.

MEnr56

dorotha
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:ISN'T THIS BEING DECEITFUL, BIGFISH?

[Post New]by dorotha on Apr 23, 13 8:16 AM
When you download a game you already have, big fish tells you that you own it. If it doesn't, you can tell them and they will refund your money. I do this all the time.

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

ISN'T THIS BEING DECEITFUL, BIGFISH?

[Post New]by JulieJay on Apr 23, 13 12:37 PM
MEnr56 wrote:THIS GAME, however, when I purchased it in December, 2010 was just entitled: Age of Oracles; today it's entitled: Age of Oracles: Tara's Journey

Must be just some sort of glitch at the time you purchased and how it was listed in your purchase history. This game has always been called Age of Oracles: Tara's Journey ever since it was released in 2009.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:ISN'T THIS BEING DECEITFUL, BIGFISH?

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Apr 23, 13 1:02 PM
Hi MEnr56,

I'm sorry to hear that there was some confusion with this particular game. According to the Forums when the game was launched, the title has been Age Of Oracles: Tara`s Journey and was not changed at any point. However, if you were able to purchase a game you already own, our Customer Support Team will be happy to help out and make sure you don't end up with a duplicate purchase.

I hope that helps, and happy gaming!

bfgSeine

Go to: