lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

A Glitch

[Post New]by lorie56 on Apr 23, 13 12:14 PM
I have a glitch in my second family when it comes to a kitchen career. The peeps will keep working at their career but don't earn any money. When the cycle should be done they either just keep working or they stop and do something else. I had to start over twice and it did it both times. The third time I started over I picked someone who works in the workshop and I don't have the problem there. The kitchen problem happened with two peeps and with the spouse of one of the peeps.

Re:A Glitch

[Post New]by jereswife on Apr 23, 13 1:06 PM
I just noticed I'm having the same problem. Might want to hop over to the technical issues section and report this so the team can take a look at it!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 23, 13 3:32 PM
Hi Fishies,

I played a bit of this game and had two people who both had kitchen jobs. (One was a caterer and the other was a Pesto inventor. ) I think I saw the same thing you're describing, but eventually they both did earn their salaries.

Especially because I'm not really, really familiar with these types of games, I did go through the full tutorial. At one point it mentions that certain jobs will require a few "cycles" before the person gets paid. I'm thinking a cycle means a person working at the job for a period of time without you bringing them back to it.

I had to bring my people back to the kitchen two or three times before the coins were awarded.

Something else I think will help is to praise them with the green hand while they're working. It seemed to me that after I praised them, they worked longer than they had the first time. I also praised them a couple times during their work cycle, which I think may have sped things up too.

But if you try those suggestions and the are just not getting paid, you can definitely check in with our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to see if there's something else going on. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Apr 23, 13 3:57 PM
To get them really consistent at working on their career, I learned this trick about a year ago from the dev's website forums and it's worked like a charm for me...

Not sure if this is considered a spoiler but I'll make it invisible (hightlight to read) just in case:
Put them to work, praise them twice with the green hand, give them a candy or fruit reward, then praise them twice more. Occasionally, they will run from too much praise but just put them back to work and do this praise cycle a couple times and they should eagerly work for the rest fo their lives. But be warned, they end up workaholics!

lorie56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,872 Posts

[Post New]by lorie56 on Apr 23, 13 8:24 PM
I played the first VF and I have another family in VF2 and have never had this problem. It's not that the peeps aren't working. They are, but the cycle goes on for over 5 minutes (I timed them) and the cycle doesn't complete for some reason. The glitch seems to be only with a kitchen career although I don't have anyone with an office career in this family.

[Post New]by jereswife on Apr 24, 13 8:48 AM
Lorie,
I went ahead and reported it, because I'm seeing exactly what you are. My person is never completing a work cycle while I'm actively playing the game. She'll just go back and forth, like she's stuck. However, if you turn the game off, they will work and get promoted. So the glitch only appears when I have the game on. My guy with the office career progresses while I'm playing, while his wife just kind of walks back and forth in the work area in the kitchen.

gran49
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

[Post New]by gran49 on Apr 24, 13 5:06 PM
In my game peeps with kitchen jobs complete work cycles, earn coins and progress in their career both when I visit the household and while the game is left running while closed.

I am not experiencing any problem with my kitchen workers.

Starting with low pay does require peeps to start out slower having to complete more than one work cycle to earn bonus pay.

kore21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by kore21 on Apr 30, 13 8:49 PM
i have this glitch with the office careers now, in generation 2. everything was fine in generation 1. then i added both generation 2 office upgrades, plus a new spouse who also has an office job. the work cycle repeats more than once, occasionally they'll jump up & down like the cycle's supposed to be ending, but there's no pay or progress & they keep working. once in awhile they will get pay as normal, but usually not. leaving the game & coming back is the only way to get consistent progress.

latinavixn
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by latinavixn on May 1, 13 8:57 AM
I'm experiencing the same problem as kore21. I have to peeps that work in the office, 2nd generation, both level 7 in their careers. But the wife is almost to level 8 and her husband has just a sliver of advancement on level 7. So I sat there and watched him working for a few cycles and sure enough, he goes through all the motions, jumps up and down, where I should be hearing some money rolling in, but nothing... no advancement and no money earned. Then he starts the loop all over again. This problem just started for me, it was fine earlier in the week & I didnt have this problem with the 1st generation. Has anyone figured this out yet? Its definitely not because theyre new at their job because theyre both level 7. I suspect that his advancement would be at almost level 8 like hers because he constantly works also, without prompting.

[Post New]by cassandra63 on May 1, 13 11:40 AM
My peeps are level 5 with good salaries, but one has only a sliver of the progress bar complete, and the other's progress bar indicates no progress at all. They have both celebrated promotions and received raises, so I am confused about the purpose of the progress bar. They have raised four children and will die having achieved 'nothing'! They are third generation. Previous generations had much more progress despite lower salaries and fewer promotions. All have worked in the office or the workshop.

nrfaulk
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by nrfaulk on May 4, 13 9:43 PM
I had the kitchen problem. The issue seems to be certain upgrades, and in the kitchen it's the spice rack. On the LDW forum for this game, I was told that they knew about this glitch and that if I bought the coffee maker, the problem would go away. It did stop the problem and now my kitchen professionals finish their work cycles normally. I don't know what item makes the office workers go off kilter, but you could probably find out on the developer's site. Hope this helps.

latinavixn
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by latinavixn on May 4, 13 9:51 PM
nrfaulk wrote:I had the kitchen problem. The issue seems to be certain upgrades, and in the kitchen it's the spice rack. On the LDW forum for this game, I was told that they knew about this glitch and that if I bought the coffee maker, the problem would go away. It did stop the problem and now my kitchen professionals finish their work cycles normally. I don't know what item makes the office workers go off kilter, but you could probably find out on the developer's site. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for this info! Very good to know I thought I was gonna have to uninstall my game or something.

Go to: