bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Countryside Buffet

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 24, 13 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Countryside Buffet ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Countryside Buffet page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Countryside Buffet

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 24, 13 12:39 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

DixieKat
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by DixieKat on Apr 24, 13 6:52 AM
if the makers had spent a little more time this could have been a good game. it is like going back in time, too bad , we could have used a new diner type game but this is not it

[Post New]by CoordinationNOT on Apr 24, 13 8:08 AM
This game has great bones. Much like Diner Dash you have to up grade your restaurant. You can buy tables, buffets, a choice of three power ups.

This is a cute game but it is an old one. It does show it's age in the graphics.

You can cue the moves but without check marks to see if what you have done you can't cancel the moves if you make a mistake.

The customers feed themselves (this is a plus) but you have to clear the tables twice because of all of the dishes they use.

You don't have to collect the money the game does that for you. Big plus for me

You do need to restock the salad bar to keep your customers happy but you can up grade it to make it bigger so you don't have to refill it as often.

You can upgrade your tables to make the people eat faster for faster turn around time.

The game is timed based and it wasn't till the end of the hour I had a problem reaching my goals. Once you miss a goal you have to replay and pass the level to move on to the next. That is a huge no go for me. It would have been nice when you have to replay the level to be able to re buy your upgrades to have a different way to win the level.

Near the end because I was rushing to make the goals I found I was having a hard time picking up the families. This cost me a bucket load of time. and I couldn't get past the level I was working on in-spite of tryi8ng it three times.

Great bones but could use an update to this game
This is a no buy for me but I did enjoy the hour I did play.

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Apr 24, 13 8:49 AM
Not great...the upgrades are lame at best and the graphics are not sharp at all. The plates are hard to see on the ends of the table and the speed upgrade only lasts about 3 seconds!

I agree..this could have been a cute game with a little more time and thought put into it.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Apr 24, 13 9:07 AM
While I played the demo, I thought that this must be a very old game. The graphics look dated, the gameplay is absolutely basic, the clicking is at times erratic (picking up new guests sometimes took several tries for me). I checked it, and this game was released in 2012. That surprised me because it has less to offer than the very first Diner Dash, is much slower (it takes the waitress ages to get anywhere) and rather boring. No colour combos, no chain bonuses (chains were erratic as well, especially when getting new stuff from the kitchen), nothing but seating customers, clearing plates, filling the buffet. There are some nice touches, as the expressions of the customers changing when you pick them up, or the food on the buffet getting visibly less, but that's about it. Ten years ago this might have made a nice TM game. But today, it's a disappointment, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Cala4Lily
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Cala4Lily on Apr 24, 13 9:38 AM
This game seems more like it is still in the development stages. I doubt it was even beta tested before release. It is so bland in looks, repetitive in tasks, unexceptional in every way. You can cue tasks but there is no indication that they are cued, you just hope you clicked correctly, in the right spot & in the right order, & I couldn't cancel any tasks once started (not that I knew for sure if they were even set). The upgrades didn't seem to really do anything -- for example, upgrading tables to make customers eat faster, well, they ate at the same pace as customers seated at regular tables. Upgrading to make the waitress (more like bus boy since all you do is clear plates from tables) move faster didn't seem to make her move any faster & actually I swear she started taking long way around to tables instead! There are apparently "expert" goals but no idea what they are, only that I received a notification at the end of a round that I got expert target.

It seems like an old game that was partially developed in the hey-day of dash type games, never fully developed, and now dug up to offer to those of us desperate for a new TM game. I have been very disappointed with Big Fish as of late & after yet another awful offering I am considering canceling membership. It just seems the quality of offerings has really dropped considerably over the last few months. Very disappointing.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Apr 24, 13 10:50 AM
Putting out Countryside Buffet and Lunch Rush HD on the same day seems a bit unfair. Lunch Rush HD is like a Rolls Royce and Countryside Buffet is an old beat up Volkswagon, It isn't a bad game really, but the graphics are dated and it seems a bit slow. Oh yeah, and no satisfying click or check mark when you click on an action.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Apr 24, 13 11:15 PM
This is a HORRIBLE TMG, the graphics is 1D, i had 26inc monitor with high def and I cant even see the check marks when I click on anything. That meant I was always having to remember where I click and the character sometimes do funny stuff when I clicked too many actions in sequence

Developers, go THROW IT into the DUSTBIN!
OFF WITH YOUR HEADS!

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Apr 25, 13 11:07 AM
Actually, I think it is kinda cute. Yes, it is a little old school, and yes, it is a little slow, but it eventually gets a little more challenging later in the game. Day 13 with the group party must be cursed, because I've yet to beat it. Should have saved some money for the speed power-ups (for the sloooow moving waitress), or the freeze, instead of purchasing all the tables.

For a change of pace, I thought I would try this game, so I purchased it.

Edited on 04/25/2013 at 11:40:27 AM PST

[Post New]by SHORTYWORMAN33 on May 25, 13 6:56 PM
i think the game is awesome..i like games like this ..but i am kinda stuck on level 32 and cant past it ..been days..lol..help.. help ..help

Go to: