bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Stones of Rome

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Apr 25, 13 12:29 AM
Curious James wanders away from his tour group as they explore the catacombs below Rome. At first, it seems like he’s on his own special adventure, but then he realizes that he’s lost and alone. Just when his detour couldn’t get any worse, it does! A pesky monkey rips up his map and leads him ever deeper into the depths of the caverns. James has to puzzle his way through 30 levels to recover and reassemble all 30 pieces of the map. But that’s not all – once he reaches the surface, he discovers that his tour group is missing. Using the sketch on the back of the map, he has to puzzle through more exciting levels set in the ruins aboveground to get back to his group. Lucky for you, and James, the unique match-3 game system means the solution is always waiting for you!

fairlaine
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:Stones of Rome

[Post New]by fairlaine on Apr 25, 13 4:52 AM
Have just bought this game.Love it.have collected all the map pieces.Not too difficult so far but its a challenge

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Apr 25, 13 11:04 PM
How many pieces are there?

It looked like each piece was a level but I couldn't tell how many there would be in the game.

I finished over a third of them with lots of demo time left so it seems like this would be a really short game.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 26, 13 3:49 AM
Hello, SublimeOne

According to bfgFlounder's post there are thirty pieces of the map, but, finding the map is not all there is to the game.

There are levels (don't know how many) set in the ruins aboveground to get James back to his group!

It's a purchase for me and I am enjoying the game!

Hope this helps!

Happy Gaming,
BK

Edited on 04/26/2013 at 3:50:41 AM PST

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Apr 28, 13 12:52 PM
Thanks BearKat!

Missed that part in bfgFlounders post. Total brain freeze up!

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear there's more to the game than just the map.

Going on my "must buy" list!

Edited on 04/28/2013 at 12:53:15 PM PST

swmetz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by swmetz on Apr 29, 13 12:51 PM
Any tips for this game...I like it but I am not sure if I completely understand it...rules are vague. I will set up matches and it will make more than just the 3 I matched disappear around it too--I was trying to set up matches ahead of time but it surprises me with taking some tokens away. ???

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Apr 30, 13 9:06 PM
SublimeOne wrote:Thanks BearKat!

Missed that part in bfgFlounders post. Total brain freeze up!

Thanks for the info. Glad to hear there's more to the game than just the map.

Going on my "must buy" list!

You are very welcome!

Hope you enjoy the game!

BK

torqane
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by torqane on May 5, 13 4:44 PM
swmetz wrote: I will set up matches and it will make more than just the 3 I matched disappear around it too--I was trying to set up matches ahead of time but it surprises me with taking some tokens away. ???

When you send a token into the center (as opposed to ones that are there initially) you'll see a small arrow showing what direction the token will go when unblocked by others. If there isn't anywhere for it to go, as in it would go off the board, it'll explode.

It can be to your advantage, but it can equally be frustrating if as you say you've got some stuff set up and it moves and explodes unexpectedly.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on May 6, 13 8:48 PM
torqane wrote:When you send a token into the center (as opposed to ones that are there initially) you'll see a small arrow showing what direction the token will go when unblocked by others. If there isn't anywhere for it to go, as in it would go off the board, it'll explode.

It can be to your advantage, but it can equally be frustrating if as you say you've got some stuff set up and it moves and explodes unexpectedly.

Thank you for that observation ...I was wondering how the cascades worked too and finally noticed the arrows on the placed pieces at the center after several hours. That also helps distinguish pieces that are in play as opposed to the ones out on the edges. Sometimes I have problems with getting stuff pushed all the way out to the edge and then get confused on where the actual playing field is.

Go to: